Search results

  1. Anyone know this guy - Juan Manuel (Lima, Peru)

    I normally have that prerequisite but in this case he had a good reputation on Mytt and we even had some mutual acquaintances so I thought I could trust him. I think something must've happen that caused him to change his behavior. It can also be the flag of Canada! Or even Austria! With a...
  2. Anyone know this guy - Juan Manuel (Lima, Peru)

    He commissioned a inner zlc blade from me and had a few requests. I sent him a PayPal invoice for payment but he never done it and kept giving excuses. I found his behavior suspicious so I never sent the blade. He stopped replying on Instagram and even blocked my account. My loss wasn't that...
  3. Anyone know this guy - Juan Manuel (Lima, Peru)

    Apparently he scammed a few people on Mytt and also tried to scam me (and sort of did...) Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Making clone blades is really hard. Composition is not the only thing that matters in a blade, there are many other variables that play a part in the performance. That's why you can see so many commercial blades that, despite having the same composition, will play and feel different. By playing...
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Looking forward to your review. If you could post it in the other review/impressions thread it would be great. The name actually makes sense because it's bigger than the Violin but not as big as the Violoncello.
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    A commissioned "Violin" with a bigger head size. Does this mean it's a Viola? :) Composition: Ash / Ash / Kiri / Ash / Ash Weight: 83.1 Thickness: ~5.35mm Head size: 158x152mm Freq.: 1185 Hz Balance: 3.4 cm (Med)
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    That is exactly one of my arguments. Somebody that has seen these raw boards knows that the wood has some inconsistencies, knots, etc that can affect performance more than a joint that is stronger than the surrounding wood. With a jointed core I can work around the inconsistencies and keep the...
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Until recently I was using just one species of kiri (Paulownia Elongata), but I could only get boards 10cm wide, so it was impossible for me to do one piece cores. This was never a problem for me because I never saw a difference in performance. Some people will argue that it does, but the truth...
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Someone once gave me an idea to build a Viscaria type blade with the JO Shape. I never got to do it but shortly after I got a request to make exactly that! Composition: Koto / A-C / Ayous / Kiri/ Ayous / A-C / Koto Weight: 88.2 and 88.3g Thickness: 5.8mm Freq.: 1460Hz Balance: 2.3cm (Low)
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    Some time has passed and both blades have been played for a few weeks, but have been stored for most of the time. Measuring their current weights, the PU blade lost 0.3g while the hide glue one lost 0.8g. This is in line with what I was expecting, but the most interesting part is that the peak...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Another asymmetric blade for a pips out player, this one is a beast! Composition: Koto / Ayous / Aramid-Carbon (S) / Ayous / Aramid-Carbon / Spruce / Ash Weight: 95.2g Thickness: ~5.7mm Freq.: 1313/1356 Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  12. Blade builders can stabilized burl be used as top ply?

    To me it just seems a burl veneer, not stabilized.
  13. Blade builders can stabilized burl be used as top ply?

    You are mistaking two different things, burl and stabilized wood. Burl is natural formation in a tree an cause the wood grain to grow in a deformed manner. Stabilized wood is when you put a piece of wood in a vacuum chamber to fill the pores with resin, the resin can be dyed to create all sorts...
  14. Blade builders can stabilized burl be used as top ply?

    I'm not sure of this because the rule is not clear enough and this is just my interpretation, but I don't think you can. "2.4.2 At least 85% of the blade by thickness shall be of natural wood; an adhesive layer within the blade may be reinforced with fibrous material such as carbon fibre, glass...
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    It's certainly not as fast as those examples, simply because the thickness difference is too big. I made this some time ago but if my memory serves me well I think is somewhere in the upper range of All+ or lower range Off-. It shares some traits with the Nittaku Goriki and I see this being used...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Here's something you don't see everyday, a 10 ply Limba blade with a Limba handle! Tested this one briefly and it's very solid, biggest sweetspot I've seen on a all-wood blade despite the relatively small thickness. Composition: 10 Ply Limba Weight: 99.5g Thickness: ~5.45mm Freq.: 1100 Hz...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    A blade commissioned by a forum member featuring a massive handle and the flag of the Netherlands. Composition: Koto / Ayous / IC / Ayous / IC / Ayous / Koto Weight: 89g Thickness: ~5.8mm Freq.: 1350 Hz Balance: 3.7cm (Med)
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one goes out to a forum member. W968 composition with a custom logo! Composition: Limba / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / A-C / Ayous / Limba Weight: 88.1g Thickness: ~6.0mm Freq.: 1290 Hz Balance: 3.2 cm (Med)
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you so much for showing appreciation for my work!
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    He hasn't review these ones specifically yet, but he reviewed the original one on which these were based, it's this thread: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?23534-SDC-Handmade-Blades-Some-Impressions-Short-Review
Top