Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Ingo already posted these on the review thread so I will also leave them here, a matching pair of my Innegra outer composition. Composition: Framiré / I-C / Framiré / Kiri / Framiré / I-C / Framiré Weight: 87.7 and 87.9g Thickness: ~5.85mmFreq.: 1335 Hz Balance: 2.7cm (Low)
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! Koto is harder than Limba and Ash is harder than koto, but in my opinion Ash feels a bit more lively than koto, if that makes sense. I think it has something to do with the grain structure, you get a bit more dynamics with Ash while koto feels crispy and direct.
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    As Paul McCartney would say: "Ebony and Ivory live in perfect harmony..." This was another commissioned blade and yes, I will admit it, it was mostly for the looks. But the composition is close to a Violin so it's also a fine playing blade. Composition: White Koto / Glass-fiber / White Koto /...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks. Never tried the nostalgic but yes, it has some similarities to the IF ALC, although I think it is a little faster and crisper. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one goes out to one of my team mates. Composition: Black Walnut / Ayous / A-C / Kiri / A-C / Ayous / Black Walnut Weight: 83.7g Thickness: ~6.05mm Freq.: 1356 Hz Balance: 2.5cm (Low)
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    I wonder how that would look like. I think I would have to bust out an Ebony board I have laying around that's simply too heavy for normal use, to achieve that kind of weight and balance.
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! Yeah, I know you prefer the classic look.
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    That would be a good name for a chocolate :D
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is one of those comments that really makes your day. Thank you!
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    Commissioned blade with a unique composition! Composition: Kiso Hinoki / Blue Fig / I-C / Ayous / I-C / Blue Fig / Kiso Hinoki Weight: 93.9g Thickness: ~5.85mm Freq.: 1250 Hz Balance: 2.2 cm (Low/very low)
  11. Question for Blade-Builders

    Cleanest edges I've seen on a Balsa blade, very nice.
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! The usual Innegra outer uses Framiré as the top ply and that one is Off-, from my experience and others who have tested it. Indian Teak is harder than Framiré so it should be faster, I would say in the upper range of Off- or a slow Off.
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Amazon Rosewood, it does not only look good as it's also one of the best feeling handles in my opinion.
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    The first of 3 blades I made for a costumer. This one is my usual Innegra outer composition but with Indian Teak top ply. Composition: Indian Teak / IC / Limba / Kiri / Limba / IC / Indian Teak Weight: 90.7g Thickness: ~5.7mm Freq.: 1335 Hz Balance: 1.9 cm (very low)
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    Simple but effective. A commissioned inner ZLC blade similar to the "Apolonia". Composition: Limba / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / ZLC / Ayous / Limba Weight: 87.3g Thickness: ~5.65mm Freq.: 1315 Hz Balance: 3.1cm (Med)
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Oh, that's what you mean by high throw. I suppose so, it's a very bouncy blade.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Why do you say that?
  18. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is probably my most requested handle design, but there is a catch with this one. Unlike the majority of my other designs, in order to get the faded look, I dye the wood. This means that it needs a protective layer, otherwise the dye will rub off over time, so I seal the handle. I have tried...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Fineline top for the FH and Ayous for the BH with some other stuff in between. It does have some twists I did not want to reveal yet :)
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Combination blade for an attacking chopper. Probably the most difference between sides I could get on a blade with the BH side close to ALL- and OFF- for the FH side. Weight: 89.7g Thickness: 6.4mm Freq.: 1184/1140 Hz Balance: 2.6cm (very low)
Top