Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    Some people have the means to pay big bucks for what they want, even if it's just for vain reasons. And that is fine, it is their money and they can do what they want with it. I think it bothers me more when it's the other way around, trying to get a clone but cheaper, totally disregarding the...
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    That wood is Mahogany, although I'm not sure of the exact species. I still have a bunch of it but haven't been using lately. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    It would be nice if that happened but I don't think my conscience would allow me to sell a blade at that price. But I think it will take some time until my skill reaches that level. It will depend on the individual Thickness of the plies but assuming something like 0.6/0.8/3.0 mm I think it...
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    Too bad it isn't a Viscaria, otherwise it would cost a lot more [emoji23] Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks! Ako is very similar to Ayous, just a little heavier and harder, but still lighter and softer than Limba. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    We are always calling our rackets "blade" so I was asked to create a handle that resembles a real blade. Structure: Ako / Aramid-Carbon /Ako / Kiri / Ako / Aramid-Carbon Ako Thickness: 5.75mm Weight: 86.7g Freq.: 1440 Hz
  7. Wood selection for handmade blade

    I never found a source for hinoki in Europe. If you find one I also would love to know. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Do you mean the frequency? Just do a search on Mytt for blade speed sheet. All the information is there. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  9. Hinoki 100%

    The change in Thickness is probably related to the type of the wood. Maybe in the past they could source hinoki with a lower density, but now the wood heavier so they had to change the Thickness to compensate for that. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    This is a blade I've made for a team mate with some interesting characteristics. It's inner fiber on one side and outer fiber on the other, with a larger head size. The fiber used was diolen-carbon. It's sold as blue Kevlar in many places but it's not. Diolen is a polyester fabric with higher...
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    It was meant to be an arrow :D But you are right, < makes ore sense. The wood and glue would be the easy part, it would be difficult to find the same g/m2 for all these fabrics.
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you shinshiro! Well, the mechanical properties of these materials are all very different, but they are designed to be used in much more demanding applications than TT blades. They all feel a little different, but from my experience, the most important factor is the density of the fabric...
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    Yes, I buy the Innegra woven with carbon, you need specialized machinery to weave these fibers. For example, Butterfly not only works with a different fiber than other manufactures (Vectran), but it also uses a different weave pattern. I might try the plain Innegra S in the future.
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    It has been my experience so far, this fiber seems to produce less stiff blades than other fibers.
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    I've been making some experiments with Innegra S fiber. They call it the strongest man made fiber so I was curious about it's performance on TT blades. It feels very different to ALC, I can't wait to try it! Structure: Limba / Innegra S - Carbon / Limba / Kiri / Limba / Innegra S - Carbon /...
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    In this case you are right, the frequency is a good indicator of the speed of the blade. However, that is not always the case, especially with WRC. I've made a few inner fiber WRC blades and they all measured in the 1160 Hz range, but they are fast! Not crazy fast, but similar to an Apolonia ZLC...
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    A blade I made to test Western Red Cedar as a medial ply. The result is an All+ blade, very spiny and with a great feeling. Limba / WRC / Glassfiber / WRC / Glassfiber / WRC / Limba - 89g - 5.65mm - 1130 Hz
  18. Blade Builders Thread

    I can tell you that composition it's not going work very well. It's going to be heavy and hard. Poplar it's lighter than the other two but it's still heavier than ayous and kiri. The medial is also very thick for such a hard wood. Anything over ~0.7mm has to be really soft, otherwise it's going...
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you Antonlan and An0n, it was a pleasure working with you!
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was a very special request. The composition is similar to the M. Maze but with a thinner core and larger head size. But the handle was the biggest I've ever made, in fact it was the biggest handle I've ever seen on a TT blade! Composition: Black Limba / Aramid-Carbon / Limba / Kiri / Limba...
Top