Search results

  1. SDC Handmade Blades

    The veneers come in large rolls and I cut them to size. I end up with sheets more figured than others. I found that the more figured sheets, with more white parts, are ~2g heavier than the all black ones. Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
  2. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thanks!
  3. SDC Handmade Blades

    One of my favorite builds so far! Composition: Black Limba / Ako / Carbon / Ayous / Carbon / Ako / Black Limba Weight: 91g Thickness: 5.5mm Headsize: 159x150mm
  4. SDC Handmade Blades

    This blade has an ALC layer, but you are right, to make an equivalent of this using only wood it would have to be much thicker and heavier.
  5. SDC Handmade Blades

    Exactly
  6. SDC Handmade Blades

    I would never do such a thick blade if it was for me but the guy requested it like that
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    Definitely the fastest blade blade I've built. It's a pity I didn't get to try it.
  8. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you GinjaNinja!
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    Custom request First 3+2 blade for me. I was asked for a hard and fast blade and I think I delivered. Composition: WRC / ALC / Kiri / ALC/ WRC Head size: 157x150 mm Weight: 94.6 g Thickness: 7.5 mm Frequency: 2000 Hz
  10. SDC Handmade Blades

    My most requested blade, the Boll ALC and Viscaria composition. Koto/ALC/Limba/Kiri/Limba/ALC/Koto - 86g - 5.70mm - 1460 Hz
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    Thank you for your feedback wappak. It was my first penhold blade so I'm glad it was a success.
  12. SDC Handmade Blades

    What looks like Koto but isn't? I also have been playing around with some ideas and materials for the handle. Very satisfied with the result. Black Walnut / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Ako - 88.3g - 5.75mm - 1250 Hz
  13. SDC Handmade Blades

    This blade served as an test subject for some experiments with the composite fiber and gluing method. The result is an improved feeling and more control. Koto/ALC/Limba/Kiri/Limba/ALC/Koto - 85.2g - 5.65mm - 1440 Hz
  14. SDC Handmade Blades

    This one has a similar composition to "Infinity" but the owner requested a thicker core. It feels like a rocket launcher! Limba / Spruce / Ayous / Spruce / Limba - 89g - 6.5mm - 1400 Hz
  15. SDC Handmade Blades

    I'm using a cloth just like that, but only tried the 80 g/m2. As for carbon I'm using 160 g/m2, but I can use other density if required.
  16. SDC Handmade Blades

    Those are all nice ideas, they are going to the list. There a bunch of ideas that I haven't tried yet. Yes, these blades are for sale. In fact, most of them are custom orders. I'll PM you with prices.
  17. SDC Handmade Blades

    Black Walnut is not that heavy, it weighs around 610 kg/m3, not much heavier than koto which weighs around 590 kg/m3.
  18. FS: SDC Blades

    Blades 3, 5, 6 and 7 sold!
  19. SDC Handmade Blades

    This was made for a forum member per his request, so I didn't get to play it. Maybe he will give some feedback after he receives the blade.
  20. SDC Handmade Blades

    Finally a penhold blade! Black Walnut / Black Walnut / Ayous / Ayous / Ayous / Black Walnut / Black Walnut - 84g - 6.45mm - 1485 Hz
Top