Search results

  1. DHS 301 or Yinhe M201 with ST handle?

    The Telson Power I got had a really narrow slim handle, looked like it was made for kids.
  2. Counterloop practice

    Maybe start to combine drills to a longer chain/rally: Your Partner serves short backspin You push long He opens up with a loop You counterdrive it Then open rally. Vary the placements, openups on fh or bh or drive it longline
  3. Which is the better short pips?

    I know that there's lot of interesting stuff out there, I've been there. I tried so many blades and rubbers over the past few years that I started playing again. I know how fun it is to theorycraft and min/max that stuff. Jpen is just so expensive lol. Maybe give cpen a go and you'll have...
  4. Counterloop practice

    Your stance is high, you lack rotation of your hip, you mostly use your arms/shoulders to loop. If you straight miss the ball you need to keep your eyes on it, as dumb as it sounds.
  5. Which is the better short pips?

    Equipment is not as important as you think it is. Get some hours in at the table. But that's just my opinion, not some stubborn "philosophy".
  6. Which is the better short pips?

    I don't know how you come to the conclusions that you need a faster rubber. Your still a beginner. If you really don't have the money to experiment with equipment then you shouldn't play anything else but recommended stuff for beginners the next year or 2. You need to change your rubbers anyway...
  7. Need help with 'beginner' setup

    Spinlord Tiger plays like a classic rubber (mark v). Wouldn't bother with it, unless you want to tame a fast blade. Xiom vega intro and europe are tensor rubbers and both faster and spinnier. But not unreasonable choices for beginners. If you think YSE plus rakza 7 is too fast, you could...
  8. Which is the better short pips?

    Then the answer is easy, get any version of 802-40 or 802. It's cheap and might be all you ever need. If it's to slow get some haifu.
  9. Which is the better short pips?

    These kind of question are a bit useless if you haven't tried any of the rubbers at all. You need to play and try different rubbers to develop a taste of rubbers you like. To get an idea of a rubber go look them up on revspin. If there are no reviews then chances are high the rubber is not...
  10. The future of chopping

    These are not good ideas. Most pips out setups work because of the difference of spincreation between the sides of the racket. Most pips out rubbers struggle with low or no spin balls. That's why the really good LP players can twiddle their rackets mid point so they always have a good answer to...
  11. DHS 7-ply allwood blade?

    If you already ordered it, try it first before ordering anything else. Personally I like it a lot.
  12. DHS 7-ply allwood blade?

    Personally I don't like dhs handles,so i wouldn't recommend them. Blades I'd recommend: Yinhe U2 Sanwei Fextra 7 Donic Persson Powerplay I also like the Sanwei V5 Pro, which is a fair bit faster.
  13. DHS 7-ply allwood blade?

    Can't reallu go wrong with five plys, but for me it would be to expensive. You can easily get a blade of equal or better quality for half the price. Handle shape matters more than brand for me. DHS has quite narrow/thin handles, also DHS is not known for good quality control/finish of its blades
  14. Rubber on BH

    Yinhe moon blue 12
  15. DHS 301 or Yinhe M201 with ST handle?

    Sanwei 75 inner is available in ST and has a really thick handle. It's a very nice blade for its price.
  16. Jpen vs Cpen

    Ok, but where I play there are no penholders. Don't know about your club
  17. Jpen vs Cpen

    Well tbh it's just easier to play shakehand, since it's the most common grip. You'll have easier access to knowledge from other players or the internet. But if you don't intend to go pro, it doesn't matter that much.
  18. Jpen vs Cpen

    Let me rephrase that for you, since I don't get your followup question: You can play every shot with inverted rubbers. You can't play every shot as easily with short pips -> you limit your shot selection You are a beginner -> you don't know what's best for you yet, you haven't developed a...
  19. Jpen vs Cpen

    Jeah I get that, but as a beginner it's just hard if you limit yourself so hard. You can still flat hit with inverted rubber, but you can spin the ball much better. Or push with more quality. It just seems to me that your a beginner, that limits himself to play a very specific and narrow way...
Top