Search results

  1. Should absolute beginners take lessons or just play?

    From personal observation of the various cohort: Adult player no coaching: 1. After many years they still play like Shit; no desire to improve. He he he I am here for social / fun / exercise. Spend 90% of the time exercise by bending over picking up balls, but yeah, still exercise nonetheless...
  2. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    Gozo BH be like phew phew phew: Gozo FH:
  3. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    With an ol'skool non-tensor European grippy and non-tacky rubber on my BH ( old semi worn out Joola Zack ), I went trotting along down to my regular club for my usual TT fix yesterday. Surprise oh surprise! I managed to win a set each from three different old timers that we started the game from...
  4. Simple game-winning hacks that nobody tells you

    I like this. Keep It Simple and Spinny. ( K.I.S.S. ) concept. Just like one ring to rule them all, one technique to win them all. It suits my reptilian sized brain. I like this a lot. I recalled Sensei Tom Lodziak mentioned this: If it is long, loop it. If it is short push it. If unsure what...
  5. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    80% of players there are active in the 38mm era where no toss and hidden serves are allowed. They carry these habits up to this day.
  6. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    ITTF should have a meeting / conference with main coaches and chief referee and get everyone on board and on the same page, that is, to adhere to the serving rule. Give them a moratorium of say 3 months, after which strict enforcement of ITTF serving rule. Hawkeye technology would greatly help...
  7. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    How is Mark V GPS working out for you? I have a couple of ol'skool non-tensor German made rubber ( Sriver type ), that is, Joola Zack in my drawer, will glue this old rubber in lieu of the damaged Rozena. Tomorrow when I go to my center; will see if this will give me what I want, i.e., better...
  8. Assistance/advice with equipment upgrade (1st custom racket) (Update!)

    I am not familiar with YEO but I am familiar with YEO ( Ma Lin ) as I had it before. Petr Korbel or Ma Lin are both categorized as offensive & Rozena is fast enough. So they are good with speed. Control as in touch, he he he, you are asking the wrong guy. I am in the biz of smash, smash n moar...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Divine intervention?
  10. Assistance/advice with equipment upgrade (1st custom racket) (Update!)

    Petr Korbel with Rozena on both side and stay happy for a long time.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Suxs man! Today an old timer serve a half long to my BH corner and I attempted a topspin open up on his serve and my rubber hit the edge of the table. 😭😭😭
  12. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Maybe this has been answered but can someone tell me the reason why the two Miyuus are being seperated and paired with the Koreans? Thanks a lot.
  13. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    I am an ESN kind of dude; all the above sound like Greek to me...
  14. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    My neighbour WD team got through R32. Orawan / Sawathebutt 3 vs Sabine / Shan Xiona 0
  15. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    What do I want? 1. I noticed empirically that I always perform better in doubles than in singles. Upon careful consideration, I realized it is because in doubles, the serving area is halved and my opponent cannot use tricky or placement to trick me. I could continue on to the rallying part and...
  16. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    So I have two camps with opposing views: 1. Team Proponent: Go ahead. This is gonna help you win. The Sith part is a path that leads to abilities many deemed unnatural. 2. Team Dissident: Use slower inverted rubber and blade. Continue on the path of the Jedi. Bitter result now, sweet result...
  17. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    Oh! Now I see... I was wondering how come Jang Woojin could lose to the Romanian player. A strong FH dominant player like JWJ needs to be in top physical shape to do what he do best. I had always enjoyed watching JWJ in action, always admired his strong FH pivot attack. CHO-LEH! Now I know...
  18. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    You have put a very compelling for argument. I like it a lot, I like it very much.
  19. The Dark Side is getting more and more tempting...

    No friend, I am not better at service with my FH. However, in my uneducated opinion, if I can eliminate one side of the unknown, I can concentrate only on one side. This makes me more comfortable with my stance, ready position, my grip etc. If I have to worry to wings; FH & BH side, this is...
  20. WTT Singapore Smash 2024 3/7-3/17

    OIC... I was thinking WTF Aruna, do you need Anti-Spin rubber too?
Top