Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    反手创造机会,正手抢分! Backhand create the opportunity, forehand grab the points! Not gonna play footsie-footsie, opps I mean loopie-loopie; prefer to play whoop yer arse / one shot one kill style.
  2. Want to watch Albino Unicorn?

    Our WS#1 is a chopper. Alice ( the defender ) is doing everything right but Lee Zion ( KOR ) has Joo Saehyuk as her coach. Nuff'said.
  3. Table Tennis Dilemma: Strengthening Backhand or Changing Playstyle? [I chose strengthening]

    I will share with you my conversation with a senior / veteran player who is of much higher skill than I am over tea a couple of weeks ago. Some background: He was watching me play during one of my regular session. 1. He said I have a workable FH but a meh BH. 2. I told him I have this problem...
  4. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Good evening Tony, As to your question, I have no satisfactory answer for you, but from what I gather from the old-timers I had had conversation with, it is more of political in nature. However, what I want to highlight to you is in my personal observation, my National Players play as though...
  5. Want to watch Albino Unicorn?

    Women Team: MAS 3 vs CUBA 0
  6. Want to watch Albino Unicorn?

    MAS ( 2 ) vs CAN ( 3 ): Our little male unicorns lost the match despite winning MS1 & MS2. They do not have the mental fortitude to convert that advantage to a win. Sigh! They are doing what a seeded no. 40 team is suppose to do, that is losing.
  7. 2024 SURVEY: What rubbers do you currently play with?

    You have not been buying enough of Loki rubbers. Try harder.
  8. ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

    Malaysia ( aka Albino Unicorns ) is now leading two games versus Canada. MAS player won both MS#1 & MS#2. CAN MS#1: Edward Ly. CAN MS#2: Eugene Wang.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks for the vote of confidence. There are various ways I deal with these stroke. If the ball is high and seem save, I'll smack it till kingdom cometh using pure shoulder / arm swing. Go full HULK Mode like in the video above. If the ball is slightly lower than I what I am comfortable, then...
  10. Aruna is way smarter than we think...

    to you it seems like biz as usual tactic, but for a poor sod like me who is tactically noob and without any tactical coach input, these videos are like priceless gem. This video shows that one need not have fancy-smancy tutty-fruity skills-sets to win at high level. Just good ole'solid basic...
  11. Is my strength also my biggest weakness?

    Or you could go full Gozo(tm): Whack first, ask question later.
  12. Aruna is way smarter than we think...

    Aruna Quadri. We all know him for his powerful FH shot. We laughed at his apparently non-existent BH. No chiquita, no strawberry, no tutti-fruity of any kind. Just gud'ole push, block and the occasional punch. However, the enigmatic Aruna occasionally give top seeded player a run for their...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Now you know why I praise ESN-type rubber and love the trampoline effect of it.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I still can't loop-drive properly :( #Hinoki4Life #Smashin'it4EVA
  15. Is my strength also my biggest weakness?

    Topspin? Topspin are for pussies. Hulk smashin'gud time. #3rdballattackFTW
  16. Is my strength also my biggest weakness?

    Just the YT video for you...
  17. Want to watch Albino Unicorn?

    ITTF World Team Championship @ Busan, S. Korea In two days time, the albino unicorns will make her rare appearance again. I'll be posting these rare albino unicorn games here. These albino unicorns barely made it into the draw, having been seeded No. 40 out of 40 teams qualified, but...
  18. Should I sell things to TTD that are niche to get

    Best in the world is correct. I have ditched my Darker for Ariex, a made in Taiwan brand. Havin' a smashin'gud time since 2022.
  19. New Bat suggestion - offers greater spin and is excellent for smashing/ shots

    Preassembled bats are hobby bat. Read: They suxs!!! If you are getting into the game proper, get a proper set-up and proper set-up comes with "some assembly required" as the only option.
Top