Search results

  1. Screaming during play? Illegal?

    stop moanin & b1tching during play. You can moan & ..... however you want when not in play and that is fine. Case in point: Harimoto, Szocs, Hayata et al.
  2. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    I get traumatized every session and still luvin' it...
  3. Nittaku hurricane 3 PRO turbo ?

    yes it weighs a tonne it is hard as brick it is meant for booting. You ain't boostin' you aint playin'.
  4. Equipment you want Dan and Tom to review?

    Dan et al are too Euro focused. They should also do chinese rubbers and address the pink elephant in the room: Are the under USD 10.00 chinese rubber just as good as USD 40.00 Euro rubber?
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Then my coach will not be able to call me 死 鬼 佬 anymore.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Blahness, I understand thus, when looping backspin ball, getting low and spinning it upwards is the way to go. I have done it before and know it with direct personal experience. So I am already doing what Ryu Seung Min is advocating in regards to backspin ball. My issue is with regards to...
  7. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    This blade is brilliant. It can serve a dual function as a TT bat and a Pickleball bat. Buy one get two free special deal! Brilliant! Can play two sports by buying single piece of equipment.
  8. What company would you like to be sponsored by?

    DONIC will make a 10.5mm One Ply Kiso Hinoki shakehand and christened it Gozosaurus Max Supreme.
  9. This is how modern pro table tennis should be broadcasted

    So it is settled! The French are good in making nice vin, parfum, fomage and YT TT videos.
  10. New blade??

    The your natural selection narrows down to Seven ply all wood. Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive Seven Ply naturally comes to mind.
  11. Thin topsheet thick sponge rubber

    Looks like Rasenter comes highly recommended.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Now that you mention 09C, I'd recall my club mate has this Friendship Battle 2 on his Harimoto SZLC and his ball trajectory is also very loopy and archy and he has also a very brushy open angle hind of stroke not too dissimilar to GM's. Awhile ago, I asked my coach why is his stroke and ball...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Go Gozo(tm) or go home. YOLO ( You only live once ) Apparently I asked my coach yesterday, I said, " Coach, I see so many of my club-mates go the Dignics way, I want to join that club, I want to keep up with the Jones " He replied, " Stick with this Donic of yours, it is compatible with your...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    There is something strange: Your topspin stroke is so upwards and bat angle is so open and yet your ball land inside the table. If I do that my ball will overshoot the table. I have to literally close my bat almost parallel to the table to get the ball to land on the table. There is something...
  15. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Pips player will never get invited.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is definitely not an easy drill as I personally struggle with it too; but H3LL it is part of the program / syllabus. It's like College Level maths; you hate Calculus but hey! You still have to do it. NB: I know some people love Calculus for example our residence Monsieur Engineer Par Excellency.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Richie, What a coincidence I was doing these type of drills in my coaching session today for both FH & BH. Richie, there is one more drill I did that is not shown in your YT and that is a short underspin and I sort of have to move in and FH flick / quick-loop ( 快 带 向 冲 ) over the ball. The key...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Blahness, 1. Thanks, a lot! This post makes sense. Going back to GM's previous post stating that he heard of coaches who said you don't need to topspin until 2,000 levels, your post addresses this matter precisely, I think. 2. Long time ago when I just started coaching, I too was looping by...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    All these SmartBoyz talk gives me the goosebumps. Me liek, me lieky very much. Me will now try moar spinz.
  20. Dignics 05 vs Tenergy 05

    You are on a higher level then. For me just discovering T05 is like me first time eating Thai Tom Yum Kung. It is extremely spicy and acidic / sour a sure recipe for torture. After getting use to that spicy & acidic characteristic, you start to crave for it just like T05.
Top