Search results

  1. Serve return advice?

    If the incoming ball is without back-spin, that is, coming with top-spin or dead ball, I'll hit the ball at the 11 o'clock position with a forward brushing motion. The ball goes back with much haste as can be seen in the above video. There is much wrist power employed. Do try it. Tell us how it...
  2. Butterfly officially announces Glazer and Glazer 09C

    Just when I think I am cured of EJ, BTY had me at cheaper alternative Dignics....
  3. Dimitrij Ovtcharov Uses Pre-Made Bat vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

    Dan / Tom be like: I live in the UK and not in Mericah! The only number I care is ITTF WR Number.
  4. Dimitrij Ovtcharov Uses Pre-Made Bat vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

    Hire a coach like Victor Moraga and dominate the world!
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    NL, Would love to hear your input. I will definitely learn something new.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It would be a big change definitely. I am sure one of the biggest problem with the switch initially is that you will loop over long. Chinese tacky hard rubber do not have that powerful trampoline effect and you have to generate a lot of own power. With tensor sponge, using the same stroke would...
  7. Why is ZLC popular among the Japanese team but not Chinese?

    I have a wild theory and wishes to share out here for people to consider. It is my theory and may or may not be true. 1. If you look at the Jap players be it male or female, their style is stand close to table and counter-drive. They win by relying on speed and wide angle placing. They rely...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Hello JeffM, 1. I am curious why do you say not bold enough to try it? Can you share with me your concern? 2. I am 95% confidence that MXP will be my de-facto FH rubber. 3. Why do I like MXP? I have tried many rubbers on FH: Donic M1 ( spinny but not trampolin'ish enough ), Andro R48 ( a bit...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    My second MXP has arrived and I am never gonna give you up ever - Rick Ashley
  10. Dimitrij Ovtcharov Uses Pre-Made Bat vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

    The age old question, that is, does the equipment makes the player or otherwise has been satisfactory answered in this video. Rejoice! Rejoice, devout followers of TT. Dan our Messiah has spoken!
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Der, My team made pass the initial round-robin stage by clinching the second spot due to aggregates / scoring advantage. In the next stage, i.e, the knock-out stage ( R16 ), my team lost to a group of school going kids. Darn! Those rugrats are fast! Darn fast! Sometimes the ball is so fast &...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As mentioned a few weeks back, I played in a real tournament yesterday. A real tournament as in I had to pay an entrance fee and there are prize money at stake. I formed a team called H1PS or H1PS-ster as I would like to call ourselves. H1PS stands for Hinoki 1-Ply Shakehand. We are just a...
  13. Should I boost my Rozena rubbers?

    Ahma, The word you used is "received" and not the usual I bought. Are you a sponsored player? Or your club is a sponsored club?
  14. Win a Ovtcharov ALC

    Dan 11 Dima 1 Dan will absolutely crush Dima.
  15. Nexy Korea Oscar interviews V. Samsonov !! JSK too

    I still enjoy TT even with this new ABS ball. Oh wait! It is already ABS 40++ when I started my TT journey. Guess I am Johnny come lately. I never know the feeling of playing with a 38mm ball. What did I miss?
  16. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    1. Playing with my club-mates, from my experience, using the likes of M2 / Vega Europe get countered more often than say M1 / MXP. 2. No argument there, T05 is definitely a wild stallion for me. She is hard to tame. My skill level is not up to par for her. I had used MXP ( for 6 mths or more )...
  17. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    Hi Carl, Your advise on using a slower rubber is technically sound. I, too have used Vega Europe and Donic Bluefire M2 in the past and they were OK'ish when playing with lower skill player or just starting out or against players who can't counter-loop or counter-drive. These rubbers are great...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This week I have gone back to my old rubber ( Donic Bluefire M1 ) and my game is back to my previous state and it is now more stable and I make less mistake. Phew! What a relief. So I must now respectably put aside T05, respectfully bow to it and walk away from it.
  19. Latest TTD & Dima video

    Hello Dan, I am a fan of Dima. I love the power game and look up to role model that also play the power game. I also want to bring people's attention at 4mins 05 secs where Dima made a comment and I quote, "Yes, so many people say table-tennis is an easy sport but they haven't seen how hard...
  20. Latest TTD & Dima video

    First off, a massive thank to Dan of TTD for doing this up close and personal video with Dima: My absolute fav player from the Eurozone. My comment: 1. I did notice how relaxed and in-control Dima is when transitioning between FH & BH. It felt like he has all the time in the world to...
Top