Search results

  1. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    To help me understand better: 1. Some responders here suggest that no matter the rubber, you just adapt your stroked to it and voila you'll be just fine 2. Whereas there are others in an opposing camp ( me included ) with the view, keep to your existing / natural strokes and find a rubber that...
  2. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    i have not played with Chinese Tacky rubber for more than a year. Not going back there. I will have to unlearn a lot to go back there, not gonna happen. If you recalled in about six weeks after I took lesson with my coach, he told me to stop using chinese tacky rubber because my stroke does not...
  3. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    I can confirm this statement in bold. My coach always tell me to close my bat angle more. So Tony, a high throw angle rubber would benefit me more? Another question, if I tend to over shoot my topspin shot, would it benefit me to choose a rubber with lower throw?
  4. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    After my game I was hungry and wanted a Big Mac & Coke to instantly satisfy my hunger. Instead of a Big Mac & Coke, I got a Gordon Ramsay type five star Michelin chef giving me a lecture on how to prepare a full gourmet French dinner. After two days, I am still hungry + confused. This is how...
  5. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    My next post relates to another question: 1. If a player plays with a very closed angle during topspin, what would benefit him more? A higher throw angle or a lower throw angle. 2. If a player plays with a very more open angle during topspin, what would benefit him more? A higher throw angle or...
  6. Rubber throw angle topic again.

    Hi all, I would like to revisit this topic again. If I understand correctly, for someone who play mainly loopy topspin style, he would prefer a higher throw angle rubber. If a player who prefers a more flattish aka driving counter-hitting style, he would benefit from a lower throw angle...
  7. Hinoki blades with Chinese rubbers?

    I personally like the MX-P on my FH and MX-P is listed as 47.5 ESN hardness score. I have tried using Donic Bluefire M1 ( also 47.5 on my BH ) and it works great! That is why I am trying to be a bit adventurous and I am thinking of using a harder, say MX-P50 on FH. I wonder will it be too much (...
  8. Paddles with vibrations

    Stiga blade under the WRB series or Donic with their Senso series. These are blades that are made to cater to those vibration lovers.
  9. Hinoki blades with Chinese rubbers?

    Looking for opinions. Has anyone tried using One Ply Hinoki with the more modern harder tensor rubber? E.g., Tenergy 05 Hard, MX-P50, Rasenter R53, Donic M1Turbo. All these newer ESN tensor are in the 50 degree hardness range. What is your experience like? My EJ symptoms are acting up again...
  10. How 2023 🏓 is going so far

    Fear not a man who practices ten techniques for a year but rather fear a man who practices one technique for ten years.
  11. Mental potency vs. boosters

    I also don't boost.
  12. How 2023 🏓 is going so far

    Hi Victor! Happy New Year to you. How is my new year? My TT still suxs and no where near Fan Zhendong level, not even 1% me thinks. But as any respectable amateur player be, I shall assign blame to my rubbers. Yes, it is always the fault of the rubbers. Oh! 02.02.23 is coming and I heard that...
  13. What song are u listening to now?

    Fellow country woman who is an indie singer-songwriter. Song is original and written by herself. Song is in English. And no, English is not my country's national language.
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It has been a month or slightly more that I have changed to Tenergy 05 on both side ( based on recommendation by my coach ). I play at least twice a week, each session lasting 2.5hrs, so give or take, at the very least I have played T05 20 hours to 30 hours. I have a feel of how this rubber...
  15. European/Japanese Rubber Recommendation

    If you able to use harder rubbers on you BH then congrats! You can use it to bully a lot of noobs. Using these super trampolinish type rubber on BH, if you can tame it opens up a world of pain for your opponents. And welcome to the era of modern TT, the era of BH powerloops!p/s FH is so passe.
  16. The rise of pickleball and padel

    Everything about Pickleball screams Boomer with a capital B. Not to complain, just that its appeal slants towards a very specific demographics. It was probably designed by Boomers for Boomers. I swear I will probably take up Pickleball once I reach Boomerhood. p/s Joola USA is very clever. They...
  17. tenergy 05 on timo boll alc/viscaria

    T05 is like tomato ketchup / catsup in western culinary sense. It goes well with everything western. T05 is like Mayonnaise in French culinary sense, it goes well with anything French. T05 is like soy-sauce in East-Asian culinary sense, it goes well with anything East Asian. I think you catch...
  18. Are the rest of the World catching China?

    I blame the lack of International exposure for the poor performance of CNT's second liner. My take: Send them out more to play internationally and they will buck up. After all, they have the inputs / sharing of their big brothers like ML, XX, FZD to help them progress.
  19. Technique advice for me

    To Thread-starter, Your BH looks good. No further comment needed. Your FH looks too forced aka hitting too hard = recovery is too slow. A robot will not return your ball, however a live opponent may and can block / counter-loop your shot. Something you need to be aware of. Perhaps if you...
  20. Acuda S1 is quite actually decent in its own way

    When one performa a proper stroke almost all offensive rubber reward with a pretty decent quality loop. I have similar experience as you.
Top