Search results

  1. I’ve found cure to EJ

    Tactics ( Asian vs Euro ) (tabletennisdaily.com) Let's begin...
  2. Tactics ( Asian vs Euro )

    OK here goes, let me be the first to start a trend to talk something more engaging ( hopefully ) that is not focus on equipment. I got this observation while following the WTT Muscat, Oman event and I'd notice there are two very distinct tactics at play there, generalization not withstanding...
  3. I’ve found cure to EJ

    Good! Now we can start conversation about tactics and strategies and not about equipments.
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    1. If you use shakehand blade, the requirement drops to 20 equipments 2. If you use shakehand butterfly blade, the requirement drops to 15 equipments 3. If you use shakehand butterfly blade with one side butterfly rubber, the requirement drops to 10 equipments 4. If you use shakehand butterfly...
  5. Is MXP-50 too hard for backhand?

    You can FedEx em MX-P to me anytime, Mike if you decide not to use it. I luve'em! I will call it the best FH rubber I ever played. The speed! That immense trampoline effect! Luv it to bits! It is one of those rare rubber that can allow me to hit through backspin ball. Hulk smash kind of...
  6. Is MXP-50 too hard for backhand?

    Stating from personal experience, a rubber that one believe one can wield during stroking ( a controlled environment ) may turn out to be unwieldy during an actual game ( random environment ). Just a caveat emptor warning.
  7. Is MXP-50 too hard for backhand?

    Just a suggestion to Mike: 1. Do you have access to MX-P rubber? I'm sure you do coz or else you would not be thinking about it yes? A friend, perhaps, a club-mate maybe has it? 2. Use it on the BH side. 3. Video it and share it with us and we can better comment. See, for a worthwhile...
  8. Is MXP-50 too hard for backhand?

    Mike. Do you intend to play BH from faraway table like Caldorano? Yes, you may try 50 degree. No, why make your life miserable.
  9. Is MXP-50 too hard for backhand?

    1. The golden answer is: It depends. 2. Are you able to use 50 on FH? 3. If not, why do you want use for BH? 4. Are you asking for yourself or as a general question for no one in particular. 5. If asking for yourself, refer to Q1 & Q2. 6, If asking for no one in particular, then refer to...
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Very nice Brs! You look so relaxed and lithe on those strokes. You seems to be gunning for control, i.e., putting the ball on the table rather than all out power looping it ( I'm so guilty of this ). Is this also how you play your game, i.e, all around control, out lasting your opponent in...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Farkyerbyrd Falkenberg drill FH 3 points? Nope, never! Coach knows my physical limitation of lugging my blubber along the court. However, I have done 2 BH + 1 FH ( mid point ) + 1 FH ( far FH side ) regularly in my training session.
  12. Boll Tricarbon, is this a good blade?

    Aye aint nid no stoopeed karburn or diz layer or dat layerz. I hav one layer to rulz em all.... One gud sorleed layerz of 10.5mm of pure awesomenesses, my preciousssssssss.
  13. Best Malaysian Male TT player

    I I present to you all my best National Male TT player. He actually played against Ma Long in China Super League just before Covid strike and his score was 1-3 in Ma Long's favour. Imagine this, he won a set against THE GOAT. He is in his early twenties and is a Donic sponsored player. His...
  14. What should i do ?

    Without any visual cue, it is hard to recommend anything. However, as a general rule of thumb, M3 is too soft unless you are U13 kind of player. Your blade is a good one, I would not change it unless for some very major reason. M1 for FH + M2 for BH is the default set-up for most players on...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Sorry, I do not have any video of BH kill-shot. Nothing significant for show & tell. My BH, is not so strong and is mainly use to support and set-up for my FH.
  16. What should i do ?

    DHS Fang Bo Carbon is good! Butterfly FZD Super ZLC is even better. Pair them with 09C Dignics and 05 Dignics and you are on your way to a glorious TT career just like FB or FZD. What is missing is tonnes of training. Now go train.
  17. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Or we could go back and start revisit about which ALC blade to buy or which is better ESN or Nat H3 BS?🤣 Confession of an ex-EJ: Using those would be funds to hire a proper coach has paid off better dividend compared to using it to buy this or that rubber / blade. The result speaks for itself...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Based on your trigonometric explanation, I'd hit my FH too late and after the ball has passed the optimal hitting position, about a foot behind the imaginary tip of the triangle actually. Thats quite a lot of distance from the optimal point. I will certainly use your trigonometric visualization...
  19. New / up and coming Taiwanese players

    Tony, I want to ask you, are these Taiwanese player, in our opinion plays a more Chinese style, European style, Japanese style of TT? Or do they play a distinct style that is Taiwanese? Also in your view, their TT philosophy is Asian / Euro / Japanese? If you think there is no such thing as...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Gentlemen, Thank you for your comments as usual. 1. This is a random multi-all drill and unless one trains like a pro, it is not gonna be pretty and nice. I have already expect my outcome not to be picture perfect (pretty ) like those you see of Pro players. I expect it to be awkward, clumsy...
Top