Search results

  1. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My BH technique Bloopers below:Here you can see and contrast my BH with Cytivrat's. I just can't get that kind of wonderful spin that he makes with his BH.
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My BH technique
  3. Video Footage Safe Thread

    FH technique with new rubber: Donic Bluefire M1 Turbo FH loop against underspin
  4. My blade & rubber journey (back) - thoughts and advice please.

    Mark V = fast? I recalled bringing new shinny unused Mark V on my 5 ply wood to my first / second coaching class and my coach was like WTF! They still manufacture this? Wow! Can I have it as part of my museum collection? < end of lame joke >
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You have a very nice BH drive. I would kill to have something like yours. So silky smooth and lots of spin too. I am envious!
  6. Help needed by an oldie

    Strange as I often get beaten by veteran players. One of the thing I notice frequently is how fast these veteran adapt to different styles. I may win the first match or get a good score against them in the first set and lose. However, in the following sets, I would lose terribly. The thing is...
  7. Stickiest rubber of all ?

    Advantatages: 1. More spinny = good for service 2. Linear feeling. Hence you are more in control 3. Hard tacky = more vibration = more feeling Disadvantages: 1. Need to use more own strength 2. More athletics needed. I came from tacky rubber before abandoning it towards Euro / ESN rubber...
  8. Stickiest rubber of all ?

    From my personal experience: Friendship Battle 2. A boosted sheet could hold a ball for 9 secs but sadly I had deleted that video.
  9. What table tennis rubbers & blade do you use?

    Blade and rubbers as listed below my avatar pic. If take away the plastic protector the weight should be around 220g. No wonder I feel like playing tennis instead of TT sometimes. Heavy blade is nice for looping..
  10. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Yesterday I had the good fortune of training for about one & half hour against a chopper ( LP on BH + Chinese Tacky on FH ). My max strokes able to loop back against his super underspin is 3. And boy! It is darn tiring to loop against chopper. I was a bloody darn good workout too, even my undies...
  11. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Well said Richie. I am those typical player who can loop nice FH during stroke but crumble it down to dust when playing game especially when the opponent start giving funny spinny service, some short, some long. Also I am poor at reading spin. Granted many of my mates said you need to read the...
  12. Let's start a conversation - Harimoto / Ma Long BH

    This is in response to NDH's post above. First off, a massive massive LIKE for a long and well articulated post. Secondly, yes, I do not agree with some of your points there. As I recalled, my coach wants me to punch the ball more. The term he uses is dianqiu, which based on my own rough...
  13. What song are u listening to now?

    Revisiting some of childhood memories.
  14. Let's start a conversation - Harimoto / Ma Long BH

    Well said my friend. Thank you. BTW: what does Groove your stroke mean?
  15. Let's start a conversation - Harimoto / Ma Long BH

    I wish to start a talking point. Let me start by giving a context. Last week during my coaching, I had a conversation and I showed my coach a random video of Ma Long's powerful BH, something like this:And being the fan-boy that I am, I was cooing how marvelous and wonderful the Chinese BH is and...
  16. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Darn it! Wrong call. My bad. I blame my eyesight. I had to put it at 0.25x speed to really see it clearly. Apologies.
  17. what is your favorite handle

    Flared all the way. I wrap it with badminton grip for that extra bulky feeling. I feel more confidence when holding a big stick.
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Carl baited me with this video and I took the bait. I understand your point completely Carl, i.e., a video is not an effective means to gauge a player's USTTA rating. I completely get it Carl. Thanks for your lesson. Oh by the way, in my untrained mind, a 2,000 rating would have been like...
  19. What is the right way to improve my backhand?

    Stop right there. Cease & Desist! Owning more set-ups will not make you play better, on the contrary it worsens. Save the money and get a proper coach. It a better return on investment - Gozo, a cured ex-EJ victim. Oh wait! What is that? Is that a shinny new Butterfly bat? Bye, gotta go...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    If I should hazard a guess, I would put these two players in the We are goffing around / recreational / having a good time level. The ball is, in my view having very little spin and that is why the player back towards camera is having an easy time returning the ball without much trouble.
Top