Search results

  1. What is the right way to improve my backhand?

    1. Squat low 2. Start your loop with your wrist corked downwards then release it like a coiled spring, your wrist should move like a windscreen viper. 3. Contact the ball at the side rather than straight on. 4. Prepare to drive the blocked returning ball. 5. If it is a BH drive remember to add...
  2. Video Footage Safe Thread

    I often hear members from the USA mention the USTTA rating. Just to satisfy my curiosity, what rating would I be placed under if I am playing like the above under the USTTA system? below 500? 500 - 1000? below 1,500? Kindly indulge my curiosity, if it is alright. Thanks.
  3. What is it specifically that you like about Table Tennis?

    Could it be that the older guy is using non-ITTF compliant service? I know a lot of veteran players do that as a form of habit carried forward from the speed glue / 38mm era.
  4. SOFTER rubber vs. THINNER rubber for BH?

    For me it is Max thickness! Max hardness! Moar Power! Moar Speed! on BH! Attack! Attack! Attack!Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    My inaugural posting of actual game play video. Be gentle with me.
  6. Butterfly Falcima for noobies

    Just for the record friend NDH, I am completely cured of my EJ sickness. I am not looking to acquire this new BTY blade or any other blade for a long long time to come.
  7. Butterfly Falcima for noobies

    Not too long ago, I made a comment that BTY is only looking out for pro players and ignored us noobies club players. Guess what! In Mar 2022, they will launch a new bat targeted at noobie club players. Rejoice! Hail BTY! They do listen actually. And what rubber should go on it? None other than...
  8. What is it specifically that you like about Table Tennis?

    Mine is simple: I am addicted to the feeling / vibration of hitting the ball. That is why I always like bat with good feeling paired with hard rubber / sponge. It is like crack cocaine for me.
  9. What is the closest clone of Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive?

    Oh MLEO is a five ply? I thought it was seven ply. In that case it should be comparable to other brands' five ply wood, apple to apple: orange to orange, e.g., Stiga Classic Offensive.
  10. What is the closest clone of Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive?

    Stiga Clipper BTY SK 7 My point is if it is a seven wood it should be comparable to seven ply wood from another company. At our level ( club level ) the minute difference is undetectable by our hands. It is purely a nit-picking exercise on your part.
  11. 50+mm balls

    If the ball goes any bigger, then we just all should go and play How to Play Pickleball - PingSunday Big ball + no spin = Pickleball.
  12. Playing with or without glasses...

    If I wear glasses, it slips on my nose bridge as I perspire. If I don't, I am short-sighted. Dilemma dilemma... I choose not to wear my glasses. That is why I always have a ready excuse to lose a game. 😁
  13. 4K ULTRA HD Westchester Table Tennis January 2022 Open Highlights!

    Very very high quality TT here. Team Wakanda is really awesome.
  14. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    It is perhaps psychological, but there is this illogical fear of my blade slipping out of my sweaty palm and I do have sweaty palm during physical exertion. The sweat grip helps me with my confidence. As for the 225g, personally I can feel the momentum of blade smashing and looping the ball and...
  15. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    Tonight is my inaugural opening ceremony of using this 10mm One Ply Hinoki. Someone posted that the feeling of Hinoki is like cocaine, it is so very addictive and I attest to it completely. The feeling just cannot describe in words, It just has to be felt to be understood. My FH makes me feel...
  16. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    Two months ago I have not met my coach yet. I was playing Chinese tacky rubber all these while on Stiga all wood blade and my coach was the one who told me to ditch chinese and go the euro / tensor way.He said, " Gozo, stop eating dimsum, its giving you indigestion. Try Sauerkraut ( German food...
  17. Why single-ply hinoki not popular in plastic ball era

    God's blade just arrived today. I told my vendor to hit me with his heaviest available in stock. Come on! Bring it on! I need manly gear!
  18. Why is trampoline effect better than catapult effect?

    This is catapult. This trampoline. Which one is more similar to a TT ball rebounding off a sponged rubber?
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Yes, coaching definitely helped a tonne. I improved by leaps and bounds with coaching. There is only so much you can learn by watching YT coz YT no matter how detailed you cannot learn the minute nuances. Let me try to describe it. You cannot learn how to apply the right pressure, the touch...
  20. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The headband is very functional. If I don't use it, my sweat will flow into my eyes and it messes up my visual. I have played for eight years and my earliest teacher is Mr Youtube. I started taking private one-to-one coaching at the beginning of this year. It is once a week lesson, each lesson...
Top