Search results

  1. Why do pros risk tossing the ball outside the 30 degree window?

    None of this is quite true in terms of practical play.
  2. Why do pros risk tossing the ball outside the 30 degree window?

    Ma Long should have been faulted on a lot of his serves, even when he doesnt hid the contact, thr ball tends to disappear at some point behind his head. I still think he was thr biggest reason why TTR did not get traction early. It faulted him so much when he played Liang in one of the Grand...
  3. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    Weather forecast: Expedite coming.... 99% probability....
  4. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    Where is Chen Junsong?
  5. Sora vs Mizutani from 2021 before Sora became a MASTER...

    I linked to my favorite point but you can watch the whole match and see what makes Sora the same or different...
  6. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Can you explain the underlying logic? You mean that because the players on the team 9 years ago were better than she was 9 years ago., what should we learn from that?
  7. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    Some of the Chinese who play for other countries like to go back to China for WTT events. Li Jie is already a constant in French League, I doubt she will return full time to WTT unless she wants to do Olympics and honestly, she doesn't need to play much to have good results.
  8. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    He lost to Luka so it has to be just the rubber....
  9. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    Nagasaki just lost to a chopper. I think I just have to excuse the Japanese girls when they play in China and lose to combination players. Winter is so unlucky that she has to play these girls elsewhere.
  10. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    Of course something is wrong with Kihara. But that still doesnt mean that Winter will struggle with her. Diaz is also playing better so I don't know if that is a confirmation of anything. but my point here is that the idea that Winter will lose to anyone from Japan isn't supported if they can...
  11. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    When zeio's prophecies make you ambivalent about a player you usually enjoy watching. Kihara is struggling with Batta. Remind me again why it is a gimme that Kihara will beat Winter?
  12. WTT Contender Taiyuan-2026 (7 - 12 April 2026)

    Mao was likely a lucky loser. When the qualifying draw is not full or someone withdraws, that can happen.
  13. ITTF Men's and Women's World Cup Macao 2026, 3/30-4/5

    There is clearly a difference between 1: Applying "Western values" to judge a Japanese situation. 2. Explaining quite bluntly that 18 year olds are immature and that table tennis improvement is not a linear process. BTW, since there was 188, where are the other 187? Was Matsushima the best of...
  14. Why do you still use Tenergy 05?

    This is a mixed bag, the truth is that these issues are considerations at all levels. better players than myself can like softer rubbers or slower blades, I know players who are worse than myself who like much faster blades and players better than myself who do the same. So for me, it is less...
  15. New FH Rubber (Glayzer, Fastarc G1, Omega VII Pro)

    It *may* be just a sponge difference, but softer is not the only characteristic of the sponge, it is also significantly less elastic and this causes differences that are not just in the topsheet. Placing 09c on a regular Tenergy sponge would also produce a rubber on a softer sponge, but the...
  16. ITTF WTTTC Finals London 2026, 4/28-5/10

    At this point, I am convinced that the only way FZD will come back is if he is ready to suffer again. I am sure he is too well compensated and has moved on with that part of his life. LJK is still a quality player, I think the results he had are misleading. And compared to the others his...
  17. New FH Rubber (Glayzer, Fastarc G1, Omega VII Pro)

    Nah, G09c is mot D09c with softer sponges. In fact, both Glayzer and Glayzer 09c, but G09c more than G support a slightly different close to the table playing style that makes sense for the crowd that the rubber is targeted at and even stronger players that play that style. The review at...
  18. We Challenged World's Best Anti Spin Player!

    No one goes full speed against new and weaker opponents when trying to be consistent. Even when playing their best. As a famous internet coach said, Fan Zhendong opens his paddle to play banana flick because Ma Long's push is heavy. Most pros will play a control game vs amateurs because they...
  19. We Challenged World's Best Anti Spin Player!

    I think Dane is/was on a junior national team though I could be wrong. It's not that straightforward sometimes. Moreover, the ability of anti slow down the game has pros and cons, I just think the strength of her forehand overrides that but you saw Dane push Zhang Jike messing around. But I...
Top