Search results

  1. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    I thought you were a non-believer?
  2. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    In this case it was because I was going to lodge the exact same objection and decided ir wasn't worth jt. Sometimes I think I am insane whern I read certain things until I see that I am not the only one. Maybe it is social conditioning or something. But Victor is a good guy, he can handle it...
  3. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    The counterargument will.be based on "throw angle" and linearity, and maybe price. But he thinks G09c is usable by amateurs so I dunno...
  4. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    No tricks, it is just that consistent heavy backspin is a different tempo that you need practice against to get used to. You also have to read the ball trajectory and have strokes that enable you to stay in the rally when you have the risk of hitting long so you can wait until you get a ball...
  5. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    Yuka wins while dropping only one game throughout the tournament at deuce in the semis. European juniors need to do better vs choppers.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You seem to have almost passed that threshold that people can no longer tell at what age you learned, except maybe you are still more physically restrained than people who learned athletically young are, but that might change in a different drill.
  7. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Vs Wei Shihao in a handicap match.
  8. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Yeah. But my counter to that is that I don't think admittedly improving players should be relying on the marginal effects of top end rubbers to get their standard results. That should be reserved for later stages in TT development in my humble opinion. Of course, it is my opinion.
  9. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    What a player says about G09c tells you a lot about what they think a good rubber should do. I understand the idea that it sucks (the balls are not as threatening as Dignics 09c) but this is wrong (there are a lot of control elements that offset this especially in the short and blocking game if...
  10. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    Rassenfosse playing well. Craig Bryant stocks rising....
  11. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    Annett. Annette!
  12. Is there such a thing as too fast equipment at intermediate level?

    The Spinsight analysis is true from a physics standpoint, but it misses some of the practical issues involved. That he can get a brushy loop at 130 rps is impressive (though probably against backspin, whichI haven't tried), but the advantage of spinny loops is precisely that they don't have...
  13. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    Haha... Luka Magic!
  14. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    Didn't realize there was another Japanese in the draw until I saw Omoda lol... seems like it's a matchup problem...
  15. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    surprising results: Rassenfosse 3-0 Bertelsmeier Zeljko 3-0 Mengel The margins are as surprising to me as the results.
  16. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    @M51 , every time I watch Zeljko now, I cannot forget our last conversation. I am now rooting for his redemption arc... hope I don't jinx him...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thanks. The main reason I ask is that the options one has for playing stronger opponents tend to narrow as the speed and spin of the game increases. So it is always important to put style in context. People see my game and call it extremely aggressive. But they don't realize it is really...
  18. WTT Feeder Düsseldorf-2026 (2 - 6 March 2026)

    Much more interesting than whether Yuka will win this Women's Singles Title is whether she will drop a game to anyone in the event lol.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    What is your estimated German TTR/USATT broadly? Trying to put your post in context as well as separate the issues of playing style and strategic/tactical mindset?
  20. Is there such a thing as too fast equipment at intermediate level?

    Zyre is spinny, but it is more spinny forward than spinny high arc on many shots. As an old.man I used to hit with said, everyone uses spin including the short pips players. So you have to understand ehat people are saying when thry talk about you not being a spin player.
Top