Search results

  1. WTT Champions Chongqing 2026 Presented by AITO (10 - 15 March 2026)

    Something is wrong with gravity... WMY is struggling...
  2. WTT Champions Chongqing 2026 Presented by AITO (10 - 15 March 2026)

    Lin Shidong is resting it seems. But as @Bollwerk pointed out, you missed 2 CNT men.
  3. WTT Champions Chongqing 2026 Presented by AITO (10 - 15 March 2026)

    Perspective. He gets to show whether he has learned anything since his last lesson.
  4. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Coaches and mentors go a long way. So does "talent" and "feeling" but that is often impossible to describe or measure so let's just focus on coaching and mentoring.
  5. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    A few different things are being discussed here at the same time. This is my position: coaching and mentoring is by far the most important thing on the road to developing good technique. The thing is that some have argued that D09 by itself makes beginners play worse. What i said as my...
  6. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    OK. I can counterexample this to death, but my main point is that this has very little to do with whether the rubber is good/great for a playing level, whether a objectively suitable for a player, how reasonable it is to expect a player to adapt to a rubber or whether a player would play better...
  7. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    The musclepong case was based on Victor's case 2. Did you add nuance to Victor's case 2? My point is simple - using anyone's two day opinion of a rubber as strong evidence of its nature is not a good argument. I am not sure why you are pointing out the limitations of what I wrote when I used...
  8. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    And a story about a guy who used 09c for two days and got rid of it says something about 09c? A story about another guy who has played for years with all wood blades and traditional rubbers and then switches to carbon blade plus 09c does say a lot about 09c? I guess we have different standards...
  9. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Hitting below the belt I see... not a problem. I would never tell you that you obviously didn't know something when the very point at issue is that from a beginner perspective, they are not that different, other than price. I asked a few people who I trust who use both H3 and D09c whether...
  10. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    So I re-engineered the reddit link and it was basically someone saying he played with cell ball with a wood and mark 5, then played with wood and h2, then took a break and came back, noticed stuff was too slow, and then tried carbon and 09c (good decision, but I suspect he neither got coaching...
  11. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Data is always open to interpretation. 1. The reddit link doesn't work. 2. I will take his word for it when he has played a few more weeks with H3N and says he stuck with it for the long term. Most people experience positive feelings when switching equipment, but after the thrill of...
  12. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I have not played a pips player with a softer rubber in a long time but for me, I don't know how to push or serve with soft rubbers. I get that the lower spin thresholds on a softer rubber might help, but I find the top end spin also troubling for the pips players, especially on service and...
  13. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    And I suppose you do? Educate me. Someone who can loop better with Tenergy 05 than with Hurricane should know this. Most of the Hurricane I have used in recent years has not been that much tackier than my 09c. That the 09c is more catapulty, sure but that makes it actually play softer than...
  14. Equipment Advice

    If you are playing 3 times a week, Dignics 05 or 80 on both sides is more than fine. I think it is better if you play regularly to use what you usually use and gove yourself grace. At most if you block kore, I would recommend 80. That said, i could be wrong. Take some one else's advice and...
  15. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    I probably confused the video with highlights with being a video of different matches. so I was wrong. I will fix the reference. My apologies.
  16. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    Not going to argue with you over your videos. Just tell us who Peter Schillinger is. You posted the ratings at the beginning of the video and I go with that. And I have watched enough of these videos to be relatively confident about who the players are, but if I am wrong, they are not my...
  17. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    Don't add to the "slime"...
  18. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    He has changed his playing style significantly. It's a borderline miracle. This is the highest level player he has been able to beat so far. Not perfect, but a clear gap vs what he usually did. EDIT: Had the player wrong - this was the player:
  19. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    So you don't think the way he plays right now in his videos is a significant contrast to how he played in his prior videos?
Top