Search results

  1. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    So you mean there are no young kids playing with hurricane on forehand right? And it is harder to play with 09c than 39 degtee Hurricane?
  2. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    So who watched 15 secs analyzing your videos? Can you name these people? I was a poster before I became a moderator. I have posted on various forums since 2011 (some people have posted even longer than that). Your opinion is similar to some. My own thing is simple - I largely follow thr...
  3. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Which are these non-butterfly rubbers that give intermediates and beginners more value than 05 and 09c? Genuinely curious since I obviously don't meet people using them. The DHS ones you recommend in your reviews?
  4. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Not sure which kids you are talking about. Everyone who is focused on topspin rallying begins to struggle with the no spin ball unless they are kept in contact with it. It isn't a property of the rubber
  5. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Thin brush is not what people think it is and it isn't necessarily a bad thing either.
  6. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    So who are these people spreading toxicity rather than trying to help? The people who recommended that you switch to a rubber like T19 a year ago? The people who have posted lots of recommendations based on their experience? The people who have analyzed and watched your videos and posted lots...
  7. Sabine Winter switches to antispin

    Her backhand rally play was really an exploitable weakness and it was easy to take her out of the game just rallying with it because inverted gives fuel to the opponent and she couldn't cover the whole table with the forehand at that speed. It is interesting how her performance with anti brings...
  8. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    The forum is not about you, lol. The forum is for everyone to have conversations about whatever is posted on it. You can post anywhere. Anyone can post here. It is good it doesn't bother you anymore since it obviously did enough just a few days ago. The reason why a swinging with power is...
  9. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Thanks for the clarification. I am unconvinced that D09c is not a reasonable possibility for coaching intermediate amateurs simply because H3 is and can be. The main issue is price. And of course how one intends to develop the player. In fact, I think the price of Butterfly rubbers very...
  10. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    He is improving so it doesnt matter. He can give the credit to himself, even open minded people don't always learn and success is about results not attitude. He is putting in the work, traveling out to play better players and making changes to his style. Don't confuse his attitude with his...
  11. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    The key word is "blindly". He is allowed to challenge the advice he gets. And as @ThePongCommenter pointed out, he can sometimes accept it a year later when he is more experienced and wiser. As one example, @MORTtheORT asking him to play some powerful backhand openers. I will be watching...
  12. Tacky rubber similar to G1

    G09c as well, though it isn't quite as spinny, but it is a very good rubber, just not overwhelming.
  13. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I'm saying that Fan Zhendong could do it (maybe his D09c were really H3 in disguise so he is a bad example) so it might not apply to our everyday amateurs. My main point is that just about everyone I know, whether they enjoy it or not, that can play decently with boosted H3 on forehand can play...
  14. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    So you mean that most people even amateurs can do what Fan did, flip their bats over using both rubbers, and still play reasonably well? Fan is a world champion, I don't know, this might not be as straightforward as you think... at least Victor thinks so....
  15. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Oh, I now see the rest of it. There is a lot of research that shows beyond reasonable doubt that man is a social animal that that very often, people form groups around even the most trivial things and these groups tend to persist across multiple issues (without prejudice to cause). You might be...
  16. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    I have always done some form of hit brushing, maybe more brushing than hitting when the celluloid ball was around, but then I refined my contact using a bunch of ESN rubbers, most notably MX-S and Omega V Asia. I had never heard of activating the sponge. All I did was hit the ball and see what...
  17. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    My bad, it just felt that you were acting like this was some unique experience when there were mounds of threads and posts to the contrary. I will leave you alone to carry on!
  18. My Butterfly Dignics 09C Review: Why I think that most amateur players should avoid it

    Yes, but since you are used to H3, what you considered non-linear behavior might be desirable behavior for some players in some range of swings. Most amateurs won't enter that range, and when they do, they will be generally advanced enough that they can decide if it makes sense for them. All...
  19. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    Zezima has responded to you how he does. He actually wrote a lot so you know he engaged with your post. So now you have to decide what you want to do in response. Just because he didn't respond exactly the way other posters might respond doesn't mean he didnt like or engage with what you...
Top