Search results

  1. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    I will flip Sora to JWJ, Ito to WYD, Coton to Lebrun and Nagasaki to CXT.
  2. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    But the player may agree with the umpire assessment and may not want to waste their review. The whole process is obviously a mess that needs to be rethought. But so are the serve rules in general and that mess has not been resolved either. So good luck to us all.
  3. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    Yeah, sometimes, these analogies don't work because they miss the essence of the problem. In fact, the police often do get a search warrant for one reason and find evidence that incriminates related to something else and it is then a legal issue over whether that other evidence is relevant to...
  4. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    The thing is that very often, when a serve is not right, you can tell it is not right, when you are asked to say exactly why it is not right, you are being forced to make an unconscious judgment conscious, which is all well and good for testing reliability, but then encourages the players to...
  5. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    Yeah, Franziska slowed down and Lebrun kept looking for quality on the ball that wasn't there anymore and never fully adjusted.
  6. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    Everyone is learning TTR. That said, I am a bit annoyed at this "you can only challenge a serve on one dimension" thing. To me once the challenge is made, the whole serve should just be reviewed.
  7. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    They probably just used the world ranking and left out Ito because Ito probably because she expressed disinterest and didn't play the Asian Champs. Left to experts, with the CNT and the world trying to plug weakneses against choppers, there is no way Hashimoto would make the team. Which begs...
  8. Why doesn't Nittaku fastarc G-1 spin as much as my soft tensor rubber can?

    It is easier ro generate spin. It really is about what sponge hardness you like. I found that whst I saved in weight with C1 was enough for me. I havent used it in a while though. But I played it on both sides reasonably well for a few months.
  9. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Usually the decisions are the results of internal trials though they look odd when you don't understand the importance of merit to team morale. While a metric like beating top Chinese players looks good, it needs to just have a weight and be combined with other things. Usually the correlation...
  10. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    I really should just take your set. But to make it slightly interesting and to reveal that I am a fraud lol, I will take He Zhuojia over Hayata and Redziminski over Chen Yuanyu. The rest I take your picks, though I think Dang is also susceptible.
  11. Glayzer vs Dignics 05

    It is all those things, but the ball will not cause errors from your opponent just as you won't make many errors. Again this is for someone like myself who relies heavily on the spin from the rubber at my swing speeds. If you are not as dependent on spin to win points, it might not matter.
  12. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    Matsushima is younger and more aggressive, but I don't think he is faster nor a version. He is much more powerful and that is the problem that Kanak still has no true solution for yet and until he does, I don't see a path for him to get closer to the very top unless he can get into an...
  13. Glayzer vs Dignics 05

    Glayzer is a very good rubber but it is not a Dignics rubber - if you think that Dignics is giving you control issues on passive shots, Glayzer might be a reasonable alternative. If you win a lot of points on spin production, the drop in what you get with Glayzer might make you have to play more...
  14. My Race Tournaments in Germany

    The kids put in more hours than you do and are at a height and physical stage where if they don't swing at the ball, the ball will not move. You as a late age adult learner should do more with less for both practical and physical reasons. The overall flow of the matches is far better. Many of...
  15. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    The sad thing is that the Japanese men (other than Matsushima and maybe Shinozuka) seem so averse to 09c despite this issue.
  16. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    Jha has no excuse, he was on a TTR court.
  17. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    I don't disagree with you but some of these things come down to norms and conventions within the sport. In basketball for example, they deal with crowd cheering and trash talking all the time. Granted, one may argue that sound is a bigger deal in table tennis for making and assessing a shot...
  18. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    It was something I noticed when watching him play An and also in XD. But TT has wasted a lot of time addressing these things and I am not sure where Asia (China) stands on it, choing like Harimoto could have been killed a long time ago if anyone cared.
  19. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    He was the last guy I thought about flipping in my predictions. But it will be close....
  20. Singapore Smash 2026, Singapore, 2/19-3/1

    Spoken like a true lefty...
Top