Search results

  1. Butterfly Zyre 03

    Not really - it is similar in quite a few ways, but there is a huge difference that confounds people who do not spend the time to adapt to it, especially if they use it on a relatively low dwell high speed blade. Tenergy 05 Hard is easier to spin with without getting sponge compression...
  2. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    When you open threads, it is not quite possible to control who will comment and where they will and there are always pros and cons to comments. We do have a thread where commentary is limited to players who have posted footage of their play and who have played to a decent level, but with the...
  3. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    He has been using it forever, it juat hasnt been commercially available (which is true for many things pros use). Quadri uses stuff that Gewo sells but in a thickness that is not commercially available. Why they don't sell that thickness commercially? If I knew I would be running Gewo. I...
  4. Best all wood blade?

    I know someone who had a Xylo 5 and Xylo 7 and I liked both. I have the Korbel, Mazunovs (discontinued)and the Szocs Signature One, I recommend the Szocs to most people who want a good all wood blade to play all round offense with the plastic ball. For Butterfly blades, I have the discontinued...
  5. Fan Zhendong is joining 1. FC Saarbrücken next season

    Many pro players boost Euro/hybrid rubbers.
  6. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    The improvement is real and it is good that you could implement it. It will take time to see the benefits to your game but while you may not believe it, there are good players who do well with your old form as well. Let's see how it goes when you have to hit a ball with variation.
  7. Thread about Japanese Players

    https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/hayata-but-i-was-just-too-stupid-if-i-had-been-smarter-i-definitely-would-have-won-the-match-780.35128/post-555851
  8. Nagasaki: "I've never liked table tennis that much to begin with..." (#1169)

    Not sure how or why this channel/video came up on my youtube feed. But I am sure some will enjoy it:
  9. Fan Zhendong is joining 1. FC Saarbrücken next season

    My guess is that since Franziska does it sometimes, Fan tried it and found it more viable.than he might have originally believed and gave it a whirl fo this match. Might also address something he is experiencing in Germany.
  10. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Butterfly online is the American website and is not updated in a timely manner. Use Butterfly Japan or Butterfly Global.
  11. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Interesting idea. I don't think DHS pr CNT would like to go that route. What is the benefit to them as a business? If this is true, it would be a bad precedent for a player who can still compete even if they are trying to force his hand. My theory is that since Franziska does this fairly...
  12. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Okay. So why do you think he switched back?
  13. Technique correction - Trying to Fix my FH backstroke + hitting through the sponge

    For the record, I dont understand your video. I also dont understand your issues or requests for comments on your forehand. You might be phrasing it in a humble way to entertain the usual negative comments but honestly, your forehand on the video is pretty effective, my problem with your...
  14. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Is this something you confirmed on the video tapes? It isn't reflected in the Butterfly website? https://www.butterfly.co.jp/players/detail/harimoto-tomokazu.html
  15. Why doesn't Nittaku fastarc G-1 spin as much as my soft tensor rubber can?

    The highest rated player who used G1 on a regular basis in the US used to be Samson Dubina when he played and he was roughly 2400-2550. He didn't boost either. He might have played better with something else sure but there is a difference between arguing that and arguing the rubber is not...
  16. Who has had their best match experience after having the best WOOOHOOO with their baby?

    I don't think "building up sexual frustration" is quite the same thing as not having sex on the day of the competition (or even days of the competition). Most healthy males will not build up abstinence for anything by choice so knowing what and how the baseline was measured is important. And...
  17. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    It was extremely obvious. I was being facetious saying even some of the greatest Chinese legends spent signifcant years in Europe so acting like Harimoto's development in Japan isn't a real feature of his game is a choice not a necessity.
  18. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    Nah, Sweden is really winning, without Sweden training Chinese players like Kong in the 90s, China would not have optimized two winged looping... ;)
  19. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    There is going to be a conspiracy theory meme tied to this. Seriously. The timing is just too convenient.
  20. WTT Finals Hong Kong 2025, 12/10-14

    You nailed it. Truls gave a good fight, it was open until the big leads in the 6th game. And it is going to br a while before I am as impressed with anyone's game against lob as I was with Harimoto. Did anyone lob him down in this event?
Top