Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In Atlanta for the African diaspora TT tournament. We try to have it every year. Last year we did it in Austin but I sprained my foot before I could play a rated match. This year I will be playing u2100, U2300, O45 and U4000 doubles. Will try to share pics ans update results. Should be a blast
  2. China Smash 2025

    The crazy thing is someone predicted on YouTube that Suthasini had no chance lol. I guess Suthasini is back in form. Anyone know what happened to Cho Seungmin? He isn't supposed to be playing worse at this point in his career but somehow he is....
  3. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    Backhand has always been about spin so many forehand oriented players were able to hang in rallies better with thr plastic ball as backhand to backhand pressure was easier to defend against. A friend of mine used to joke about how many players now felt they could hang on the backhand since the...
  4. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    1. Fan, amateur, internet commentator. 2. A bit of everything. Whenever I close this out, the next few topics will be smaller and different.
  5. Butterfly Zyre 03

    What do you play with now?
  6. Butterfly Zyre 03

    How did you get to a Falcima, @Gozo Aruna ? What happened to the rocket launchers? Did you create a fake profile?
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I haven't bought an ESN rubber in forever. I just decided it wasn't worth my time/energy anymore. Whatever I saved on the front end, I would lose in performance and replaceability. Fortunately for me, rubber is not that expensive.
  8. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    A friend once pointed me to a video on YouTube where there was a discussion on why Ma Long is the GOAT in table tennis (I think the video got some facts incorrect but let's leave that aside for the moment). My friend liked the video, but my contrarian side was not as impressed. I told him that...
  9. NextLevel's Thoughts on Table Tennis: I like to write about Table Tennis

    I like to write about table tennis so I created this thread fora few reasons. One is that I intend to write enough material and sanitize it well enough to create my own self-indulgent and self important book. Yes, my narcissism is like that. Anther is that I just like to spam the webboard...
  10. WTT London Star Contender - October 2025

    They are probably under pressure to perform at China Smash and are being drilled to perfection?
  11. Overlooked match skills that hold you back

    There are probably a few things missing but the biggest one I would quibble witj is defending and attacking the middle. Otherwise great job.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Executing "the right technique" in matches is pretty dangerous if the right technique standard isn't the shot that gets the ball on the table. High ball technique is also very different from regular ball technique and reading spin is always critical to good technique and technique for ambiguous...
  13. WTT London Star Contender - October 2025

    Clearly treating the doubles as a vacation stop for the motos...
  14. French Pro A 2025-2026

    How often does ZQH play a lower-ranked foreigner and look like he has the weaker forehand lol? Florian the Freak!
  15. dignics 09c vs dignics 05

    You are beginning to enter the realm of questions that cannot be answered by words. In a sport like TT, there is no substitute for experimentation. You almost could like a troll trying to ask all kinds of questions just to be annoying. In table tennis, there are no magic answers, you pick...
  16. China Smash 2025

    This would be a great tournament all by itself and it is only qualifying lol.
  17. How to get the upper hand in bh-bh exchanges?

    In the men's game especially changing your playing distance to give you more time to hit powerful balls can be underestimated by players who don't habitually practice playing at different distances. But tied to your post, one recommendation for OP is to play backhands at multiple distances...
  18. How to get the upper hand in bh-bh exchanges?

    As an aside, I remember at one time I was struggling in a league I played and was unable to deal with the topspin players there. And my backhand block just couldn't handle them, and this included the lefties. And the next lesson I had with my coach of late memory (@KM1976 knows who I am talking...
  19. How to get the upper hand in bh-bh exchanges?

    Probably, I am of the "controversial in 2025" opinion that the plasticl ball while making two winged technique necessary, also made it easier to rally and exchange on the backhand by reducing the spin effect and the outright devastation of pure spin. Ma Long did make a slewnof changes to...
  20. How to get the upper hand in bh-bh exchanges?

    Find someone witb a better backhand than yours and practice backhand exchanges. This always results in massive improvements no matter their backhand technique or style.
Top