Search results

  1. China Smash 2025

    TTR strikes again with another ridiculous call based on a ludicrous interpretation of a legal serve that is not in line with what the ITTF teaches umpires.
  2. China Smash 2025

    Looks like JNT has decoded LYJ - Uda is playing great TT.
  3. China Smash 2025

    Uda vs LYJ - about to start.
  4. China Smash 2025

    Uda has a chance later to beat LYJ and match Togami's last and stellar performance. Come on, Uda do your thing whem you play.
  5. Choosing Blades and Rubbers for a Beginner Table Tennis Player

    Fast is a very broad term. Rozena is a relatively fast rubber, but it is not Tenergy. But if you use it, you will play more like you would if you used Tenergy than you would if you used Mark V. So slower tensors or butterfly rubbers are still relatively fast, especially if thick. You are...
  6. Butterfly Zyre 03

    They can test it and come to their own opinions. You are right as to what might drive the difference in opinion. It is still just his, I think Zyre is really for the T05H crowd.
  7. New Allround (+) 5-ply blade - Which one to choose?

    I agree that the modern All+ blades should have a layer of either thin carbon or another composite. If the Grubba Pro Carbon was still in play, it would be perfect.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I had two second place finishes on Saturday. What was happening on Sunday? I had the U2300 event. Unfortunately, we had gone out the previous night and I struggled to sleep. So I woke up at 7 minutes to 9am for an event starting at 9 am, The umpire, who did a great and extremely...
  9. China Smash 2025

    He played flat out amazing even with the crowd support. But the story has to be Harimoto losing so...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your game is looking good. I like to pretend that you took the advice I gave you and executed it really well, but those are selected points lol. Your stroke and spin quality looks high and will give you a lot of points, just get consistent at hitting balls at all rating levels, which will...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Do you play reasonably well behind backhand sidespin serves?
  12. Stay away from European rubber because they are fragile

    Never had this experience on G1, especially if I use edge tape, though that era of rubbers was built to mimic Tenergy (Xplode, Genius, Hexer, G1, Vega Pro, Baracuda, Rakza 7) so I totally get why it might logically.
  13. Harimoto Innerforce Super ALC

    I thought that was more a weight thing and to a lesser degree a feeling thing. Kiri is lighter so you can get lighter weights with heavier materials..
  14. Playing safe against “weaker” opponents

    Even Harimoto has problems with this, so it is not special to you, taking more risk when your opponent is taking more risk against you is a challenge for the better player most of the time, especially against an athletic opponent. While those are friendly matches, watch Quadri play in the...
  15. China Smash 2025

    I wonder sometime whether it is about having the footwork vs accepting the mecessisity to expand and incorporate a forehand style. You rarely see him pivot on serve return, you rarely see him short push and kill on 4th ball. It might be the footwork but it might be the style. tonyis...
  16. China Smash 2025

    CJS and the crowd. Don't forget the crowd.
  17. China Smash 2025

    Down goes Harimoto - he might have been able to handle one or the other but not both.
  18. China Smash 2025

    I am not sure which is more powerful, Chen Junsong's forehand or the Chinese fans' screaming. Harimoto might be overwhlemed by the blows of both.
  19. China Smash 2025

    So Yuan Licen is a CNT member when he plays in China at least....
Top