Search results

  1. DHS fans unite!

    I'm not too worried about the smell. My wife knows i can be stinky when i play table tennis. Funny story, when we first started dating, she got a little jealous that i was going to the "ping pong club" every Tuesday and Sunday. She was all like "who is there? are there any pretty girls?". Then...
  2. DHS fans unite!

    hey JJ, doesn't the H3NEO come preboosted? Do you think its best to try it right out the package first, then try and boost in a month or so ?
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Honestly, I didn’t have enough time in between matches to cool down. I played two events in the morning, advanced in one so I was the single elimination during my only scheduled break. I think my longest break was 20 or 25 minutes due to a previous group taking a long time so there was a lag in...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Thank you so much! I appreciate the help and I learned a lot from you. I ended up losing 11-9 in the 5th game again lol. Brutal but I’m just glad I never got blown out in a single match. All of my 3 of my losses were in the 5th game, two of those being 11-9. One match I lost in four games. 13...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I was surprised my back actually felt pretty good all day (I had a serious back injury in 2018 from falling 17 feet…twice…while climbing up the bouldering section at my gym). It was my legs that were really toast by the end of the day. But if you were curious of how I did this: - lots of...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I defintiely need to work on that “medium” serve that has a good variation in spin but also lots of spin when needed. Still need to work on the placement of the half longs too.
  7. Illegal long pips are actually very fun to play against.

    More pimply than a teenager eating pizza and drinking mountain dew....wow!
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah! One of his major notes was that my serves still are not spinny enough. I am going to start practicing bed serves like you were talking about. he thinks if my serves get spinnier my rating is going to go up a lot. I also need a lot of practice of preparing for my third ball attack. and of...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Competed in a tournament yesterday for the first time in 6 months. Five events. Ended up advancing in 3 of my groups. In total, I played 18 matches from 930am-8pm. I estimate about 6 hours on the table (i only recall a handful of 15 minute breaks here and there). I had two come from behind...
  10. Inner ZLC and Outer Alc blade.

    This is the one i'm interested in...
  11. Playing with non-dominant hand

    I’m left handed but I play TT right handed. When I was a teenager I learned to play tennis right handed. No one would ever know I’m left handed lol. Too bad I can’t play left handed…with my right hand I’m 1500…with my left maybe 800 if I’m lucky. Play with the hand that is more natural. I...
  12. Any Power Pong robot users?

    My wife said I can't get a new robot until we buy a house :(
  13. Some of my today training footage

    Definitely not 1300! At least not by Northern California standards. There is a guy at my club who plays exactly like Grandmaster's opponent and he's rated mid 800. he might be 900. I have hit with him and he can do an occasional rally with me. and block 2 of my loops in a row. anyways, i digress...
  14. Any Power Pong robot users?

    I'm jealous bro!! that's my dream robot.
  15. Some of my today training footage

    0! lol. Hopefully he can make some improvements. That is the funny thing about this sport...lots just want to play for fun. I am like you where I want to improve as much as possible. Maybe it is because I hate losing more than I actually like winning. I am at 1500 USATT rating now...a lot of...
  16. Some of my today training footage

    Nice reverse pendulum serve. Just curious, what level in the Ukrainian system would you rank your opponent in this match? To me, you have clearly outmatched this opponent, but, by my eye test, he does not seem to be rated very high. maybe 700 or 800 USATT
  17. Bounce with the Ball / Split-Step

    Thanks for the feedback. Definitely working on my recovery after serve. I am trying to practice it after every serve…makes serve practice a lot more tiring lol
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    our visitors from HK took a lot of losses last night :D Maybe JZ over-rated them?
  19. Bounce with the Ball / Split-Step

    I think the advice is to "generally" stay on your toes because it will naturally put your body in a more forward leaning position, which is optimal for blocking/driving/looping in most cases. That is not to say there are not some cases where you aren't going to be on your toes at the point of...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Tournament week!!! How do you all prepare for the week leading up to a tournament? I'll be playing tonight (RR), tomorrow (robot, and then RR), rest wednesday (but still practice serves), open play thursday, then robot / serves on friday. tournament on saturday. Going to drink a lot of water...
Top