Search results

  1. Want to improve need Feedback!

    I was going to recommend going to Rakza Z but it might be too heavy for him and I don't know whether he has a strength problem. But he should consider using his legs to drive the ball more. He has good rubbers but he needs something that makes him take confident and powerful swings, he seems...
  2. Want to improve need Feedback!

    Here are my recommendations: I think you have good touch, I think you don't play aggressively for the first attack or understand the broad rules of modern table tennis that high level players follow. Basically high level players serve to get opportunity to attack or return to prevent the...
  3. Want to improve need Feedback!

    Will watch the videos and respond but your comment on softer rubber is not quite correct - softer rubber is more forgiving when you don't put energy into the stroke. Harder sponge is more forgiving when you put energy, but if you don't put energy, it can punish you because if is hard to spin...
  4. Whats your experience with H37/38 backhand rubbers?

    If you hate boosting, play with it for a week. After a week decide. But do know that you won't get as much speed initially, but you need to compensate with activity. But the issue is that the loss of speed is too much for many players to initially accept if they don't play with power and...
  5. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    To summarize the main points of looping having a ceiling - hitting with pips has much more timing demands than looping with inverted. But just about any style that can bother an opponent can beat that opponent at least once. If the opponent practices against it, usually the issues should...
  6. 2024 USA Olympic Team Trial, 3/21-3/24

    I played Tiffany when she was really really young. I suspect she is the only member of her family still playing. Not sure of that person was a sister, the person I remembered as her sister used to be called Princess. Regardless, she has come a long way.
  7. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Not just Ryu, but just about every other member of the Korean national team that practiced with him regularly.
  8. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    With hitting, bad days often become really bad days. Just saying.
  9. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Exactly. Hitting is a skill and it is not as physically demanding as looping in terms of power required to do it repeatedly but it is less consistent and more demanding in other ways. Hitting is best done with pips for a variety of reasons (less spin reaction, close to the table accuracy), but...
  10. 2024 USA Olympic Team Trial, 3/21-3/24

    A lot will depend on how the knockouts get structured, it will be a miracle if anyone other than Amy and Sally/Rachel make it. On the men's side, Kanak and Nikhil are usually too far ahead of everyone else, especially since the Alguettis retired. That should continue here.
  11. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    If you remember that this is thr same guy who accused me of attacking him for pointing out it is illegal to play with two rackets and claimed it was happening all over China and presented as evidence a girl training in a video, you will know exactly what his goal is.
  12. What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

    Oh, it was amazing, wasn't as spinny as my Golden Tango or Razka Z, but far more disturbing on power shots (no upward kick) and I was able to loop serves and smash counters better. I am going to take advantage of the TT11 special and get a few more. Hope my body can hold up playing with this...
  13. What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

    Oh. Rakza Z is incredibly high arcing and spiny. My issue with it is that I don't back off the table and it would be ideal for a player who backs off the table. That's why even though I sometimes prefer what I can do witn Rakza Z, Golden Tango suits me better because I can hold the table...
  14. For those who think pips have a ceiling

    Sometimes looping to pips is not as effective as flat hitting or smashing when you have the stroke or the opportunity is present. Finally, and most importantly, don't underestimate what serves can do to pips players especially if you have a good backspin vs no spin combination. The most...
  15. Is my rubber falling apart?

    You will experience this with a lot of old school tensioned rubbers, even the Tenergy series has the same issue. The main solution is edge tape and a modest over hang, but it isn't anything wrong you are doing, it is supposed to happen.
  16. JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

    Because it seems some countries who are doing their fair share (or more than their fair share) have the ability to create new events almost as if by waving a wand.
  17. What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

    I am testing H3 provincial tomorrow. If I don't like it (I remember trying it on a Gergely a long time ago), I will consider that for sure.
  18. What is the best ESN Hybrid rubber for FH?

    Too late for Tango, everywhere is out of stock lol!
Top