Search results

  1. Garaydia ZLC - Where?

    I have the 3 blades in the Garaydia series though I have only ever played with the Garaydia ZLC. I keep all three for sentimental value and the day I let then go I will probably have to have all three sold together.
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Get checked asap and watch your glucose consumption. If you can, get a continuous blood glucose monitor or something like that. Being aware of what is going on with your blood sugar can make you much smarter when doing a lot of things, especially eating and sleeping. Tennis elbow can be a lot...
  3. Need Advice on Dealing with Nervous Tension During Crucial Table Tennis Matches

    One of my coaches used to say that when he served, he visualized his opponent pushing his serve into the net. When he first said that, I was like wondering what he was thinking and how that could help your TT. Then I later realized that often, you are calm when you expect good things to happen...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    As long as you don't exhaust yourself, that is a good idea. The goal is to be ready to compete. Over time, you will get a better idea of what seems to work and what doesn't as you compete more and more.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Competing and playing matches mixed with serve and third ball drills and receive and attack drills or 2 serves and alternate serving drills. Do things that mimic practical play more and forget about technique or crap like that. You just want to compete to win.
  6. Garaydia ZLC - Where?

    Not willing to part with mine - I have the 3 blades, they are just decorations....
  7. Service target practice - no warm up

    Ti Long uses a lot of jump cuts so you can never be confident how many shots it really took.
  8. Best blade for Nittaku Fastarc G-1

    If you want a modern 7-ply with 5ply feeling, my recommendation is the Bernadette Szocs Signature 1. IT is a blade I would happily play with and I still may. But it is definitely thicker than your 6mm limit, but I love the feeling and the handle. I do not like the Powerwood, but since we have...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Oh, for everyone's viewing pleasure - an immobile guy in his 40s getting manhandled by a young man in his 20s...
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Looking at my current game, I think I have been trying to work a bit too hard on weaknesses. There are two things I tend to do reasonably well - attack and block. The main thing I do poorly is read the opponent's spin and return serves. I think I will focus on enhancing my fitness so I can...
  11. Need Advice on Dealing with Nervous Tension During Crucial Table Tennis Matches

    I guess the first thing IMHO is what level are you playing at and why is the situation high-pressure? Maybe it is because you really don't like losing and I get that, but for something to be truly high pressure, I think the consequences matter. For me, IMHO, unless you are a semi-professional...
  12. Garaydia ZLC - Where?

    Other than handle, it is the same as the Amultart - do you specifically need the Garaydia or do you just want a blade with similar composition?
  13. Joola Aruna Off Rubber Recommendations 2023

    Depends on your playing styles but on a blade like that, you need more rebound unless you have a lot of power.
  14. Best blade for Nittaku Fastarc G-1

    On the "science" and "art" of matching blade with rubber, that is actually for each individual to decide for himself. There was a very good article on a blog that is gone now that had some great principles even if I wasn't entirely sold on the actual recommendations. The main thing is that you...
  15. Best blade for Nittaku Fastarc G-1

    You forgot Croissant. Don't forget Croissant...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    "The space between the ball and the net is defined by the ball, the net and its indefinite upward extension." The question is how to interpret this. I understand how some interpret it, but I don't think it means what they think it means (I could be wrong though). The guides for umpires usually...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Even if the contact is not visible. Some of those Hugo arm pulls may be late. Sometimes the head may block or the contact is behind the hip. Just keep looking for cues and fight through it. You will be grateful when in a high stakes match, the umpiring is had but you are used to playing...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Table tennis serving rules are a mess, let's just leave it at that. To play well, you have to just watch and read the ball better and forget about the serving rules, or you will lose matches just to thinking about dodgy serves. Even matches you could win. Otherwise, my dodgy serves will get...
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The key phrase is 'infinite extension upwards'. It's a technical detail, in practice no one would call it an obstruction except the extra-logical type but the arm is still in that space when the ball is past the peak. And it is a common approach to serving, many people are much worse in...
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The definition of the space between the ball and the net shows that the serve is not legal as the free arm is still in that space, but again, many players do not really care about these things as long as they can see the ball.
Top