Search results

  1. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    Oh well, he surived Yoshiyama. But Lebrun/Shidong? I guess I can be wrong about the blanking. But I think not...
  2. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Again, you are writing like someone who has never played table tennis. Table tennis technical development is largely an evolutionary process, you build on the existing base, you cannot destroy an existing base especially when it has produced significant success. It is not a revolutionary...
  3. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    I understand what you are trying to say, but that is not my main point and I don't think it is fair to disregard my main point even if you disagree with it "just for arguments sake". China is doing just about everything it can to maintain its edge. They try to eliminate all the risk, they...
  4. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    And the fact that you are pairing two lefties doesn't interfere with your thought process?
  5. Video Footage Safe Thread

    No problem, just remember as a late learner, the simplest way to improve is to learn to add spin to the ball, it is much more important that hitting the ball with power, and when learned, an easier style to play even if not as effective as it used to be. Once you master spin timing, then you...
  6. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    Yes, the WTTTC in 2022 in Chengdu. Details matter...
  7. Video Footage Safe Thread

    If you want better input, you definitely need better camera angles as Carl pointed out - was just trying to help with fairly limited information.
  8. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    I don't know why I try when you continue to make up stuff with your ERT approach. Even if we exclude Kanak Jha, Xin Zhou and Nikhil Kumar are hardly 2400 level players, even if they don't look super to you.
  9. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    He probably is the best player. However, I do think the waiting period after you change nationality is very long, so it depends on how long he has had his citizenship for (assuming he does have it) and how old he was before becoming a citizen. Right now, his country can be listed as USA simply...
  10. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    His next opponent is very serious business. If he survives that, then whoever he plays next should blank him. But I don't expect him to survive.
  11. FZD - will he be the next Wang Hao?

    Yes, but the main point here is that WCQ is outperforming Ma Long in the race to Paris. That's nothing to do with stereotypes.
  12. Video Footage Safe Thread

    You seem to be young and getting coached, at best I would learn to practice a bit more the small skills with the fingers which you can master if you work more on getting spin with your serves.
  13. FZD - will he be the next Wang Hao?

    But that is not a stereotype - if he was still beating WCQ, he would likely be going to Paris for singles.
  14. What is the MOST mid setup? Equipment you thought was just 'okay'

    The only way this happens is when something that someone has hyped up for you becomes a disappointment- which is what happened to me with the Mizutani SZLC. I was thinking that this blade would be a rocket monster. Unfortunately I fell in love with the Cybershape just before I purchased it and...
  15. FZD - will he be the next Wang Hao?

    How did you arrive at the conclusion that FZD is the single most mentally strong player, when, IMHO, he should have been beating (Grand) Pa Long all these years, including at the last Olympics, but had to have Pa Long locked up in China so he could win his first WTTC?
  16. FZD - will he be the next Wang Hao?

    Stereotypes? Seriously? He had his chance to beat WCQ head-2-head in Durban. That's his real problem.
  17. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    No one is stopping them sure, but the budget required to do so would be the entire TT investment of some countries in a year. Then to fly out DHS and training partners and analytics teams etc. The point is not so much that they are doing something illegal, but that when people are talking...
  18. Video Footage Safe Thread

    Not necessarily, those things are for you to determine as long as they are within the rules. The main issue is that you aren't clearly spinning the ball. You need to spin the ball much more. And swing with a little less power.
  19. Video Footage Safe Thread

    The easiest way to keep a serve short is high spin level with side backspin (to give longer trajectory across the table), or low spin level with delicate touch, though both can drift long with enthusiasm under pressure. Because we can't see your whole serve trajectory, it is unclear whether it...
  20. San Francisco looking for training partner.

    You got a lot of blades built by SDC/hipnotic. You didn't like them?
Top