Search results

  1. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    A lot is clearly broken in TT, I am not sure whether it is because there isn't enough money in the sport that no one obviously cares in investigative journalism. But Shahara already showed us that you could do ridiculous things and get away with it.
  2. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    I think it is a universal problem, how to know what skills transition well and what skills take more time. Because some things that work at the junior levels don't translate as well to the senior level.
  3. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    You've watched his matches against Kou Lei?
  4. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    He played very well at Singapore Smash (beat Falck) and Bobrow, who has travelled a lot and is familiar with these players much earlier than most of us, said that Quek has the "it" factor, when you know a player is destined for big things. Regardless, Alexis is not so good that a player capable...
  5. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    The only thing is that as they stay on tour longer, their style becomes known so they become easier to play. I also feel that Kao's youth worked against him a bit. But Jinbao has been at the top of US TT long enough to know he is legit - I think he still goes back to China to keep himself sharp.
  6. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    Hayata has post Games blues. But very few players can replicate Weishan's annoying variation based style. Definitely not for the muscle heads.
  7. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    You can't use a VPN?
  8. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    Quek is going to be a top 20 player barring injury, I don't get the dismay.
  9. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    Quek is really good though, as much as Alexis is struggling, I don't think a loss to Quek is outside any good player's range.
  10. WTT Star Contender Lanzhou 2023

    I'm not sure why you are using speculation to replace data. USATT players like Ma Jinbao who are 2700 are clearly world class (you don't beat Kou Lei or Eugene Wang without being world class). Jishan Liang who is a notch below did beat Drinkhall in the US. A lot does come down to specific...
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In general, modern popular sneaker design does things that are dangerous for the natural movement of the bare foot. It will be interesting to see how long things continue before they change.
  12. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Nah, definitely closer to Akeem Olajuwon if you want to take these comparisons seriously, Wiggins just shows you absolutely devalue the actual results of Harimoto. Do you realize that Dimitri Ovtcharov has never won a WTTC medal in singles - I am not sure if he has even ever made it to a...
  13. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    Golden Tango is pretty heavy as well, so I suspect that Rakza Z EH weight may not move the needle, though I could be wrong. The other thing is that I am now using Golden Tango without the protector sheets, which means I have to be patient to let the stickiness wear off to make the rubber a bit...
  14. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    You said the trajectory the past few years has been discouraging, and I pointed out that his results the past two years have shown an upward trajectory despite the recent injuries. You are writing like someone who only believes in hockey stick improvement, real improvement tends to come in...
  15. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    His trajectory hasn't looked good "the past few years" even though he lost 4-2 to a (now) 3-time bronze medallist with each game being decided by 2 points or less in the Quarter Finals of the WTTC this year!! In 2021 he went out in the first round. What is the trajectory of that analysis? Do...
  16. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Again, which part of being visibly injured (in the 5th game) during the match are you missing? You are going to lose credibility (not that you care as an ERT fan) if you continue to push these arguments without educating yourself on the details. Harimoto was well on his way to winning before...
  17. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    So you are the only one who didn't see him beat both Fan Zhendong and Wang Chuqin in the WTTTC last year? Or are you just someone who only watches when he loses? How many players who are not Chinese have ever beaten everyone on the current Chinese national team at some point in their career...
  18. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    Thanks - I am thinking about giving both a try.
  19. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    He was visibly injured during the match. It helps to get context before arriving at radical conclusions, though I know in this case your conclusion has been arrived at for a few months now so any information will support it regardless.
  20. Anyone get their hands on Rasanter C45 yet?

    yoass is a pretty strong playert, his POV is perfectly understandable. Other POVs are possible, but I side with him (because I want to be a strong player some day lol).
Top