Search results

  1. Rakza Z and Rakza Z Extra Hard vs Golden Tango PS and Golden Tango

    Anyone know what the differences are like? I definitely don't like Golden Tango PS but was wondering whether Rakza Z played better. And also, how does Razka Z Extra Hard compare to Golden Tango?
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, if you play in the US and you don't train your mindset to be adaptable to lots of crap, and even if you do (because tables and balls and flooring and lighting and space ans ceilings vary quite a bit), you will always find something that effs you. The first time I went to Nationals in...
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, using the elbow as the pivot point on both sides is very important - to me, it is what makes footwork and transition possible, though in full context, the forehand is really a hip stroke, while the backhand is more of an elbow stroke so to speak - what I mean is that you rotate the body to...
  4. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This one is for you, @OvrChkn she discusses some of the issues with lining up the stroke, swing size and why sometimes you need to use arm straightening to get the stroke to work in a more relaxed fashion (and this can be true if you don't intend to impart topspin per se but you also don't want...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It's a good video. The biggest things are knowing your sweet spot and learning to swing in large curves that approximate straight lines in the contact region of your stroke. The body *always* turns in a circle, it all depends on where the racket force is being directed at impact and this can...
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Of course, I am not Damien Provost so this is all just thinking out loud :ROFLMAO: . But there definitely is some balance to be struck between taking big cuts at the ball and being able to take quick strokes close to the table since I don't backup - my style is towards the latter, but I just...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Another weekend of TT just ended. I went to play on Saturday morning at my friend's church. His other long time training buddy had returned so it was going to be 3 of us playing best of 3s going round and round. I thought I wouldn't lose a game given the level disparity and played the first...
  8. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    She probably wanted to have a better chance to influence her future. Maybe she looked at the competition and saw no reason she couldn't be hiw favorite and best player.And he is the head coach of the women's team.
  9. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Results aside, he just doesn't have a good bedside manner on the bench from a public relations standpoint. That I think hurts him more than the results.
  10. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    She never looked like she was really in control, not so sure she blew it as that it was taken away from her. Though the forehand she missed off the side of the table was pretty funny and reminded me of many shots in my own game lol.
  11. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    The more things change, the more they remain the same... that said, silver beats bronze.
  12. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Use this: https://yibababa.com/tv/cctv5phd.html
  13. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Click on CCtv 5+!
  14. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    click on cctv 5+ if you use that link! I noticed it late too!
  15. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Sun Yingsha's terminator-like abilities are so frustrating... relentless pressure... no lead is safe...
  16. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    The link actually works, it depends on what event is being broadcast at the time. It is China focused, so Sun Yingsha is on now.
  17. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    They actually didnt switch their XD pairs for this event. Different events serve as qualifiers to different tournaments. Knowing why the pairs were selected and when they were selected and what events the winners qualify for would explain why the XD pairs were different. But at this point, I...
  18. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    I didnt just claim it, I know it as a fact and what you presented was evidence of it which you are not combining to get a full picture. Why is China changing teams between the Asian Champs and th Asian Games if they are taking the event that seriously? Why is Ma Long not partnering with Wang...
  19. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    I said as much, Tony. If you think that China places the same emphasis on MD and WD as it does on other events, that is fine. The CNT are not robots, they need to be realistic about their investments into the preparation of their players. When you say "no reason", you are acting like these...
  20. 19th Asian Games Hangzhou

    Thanks, so this is a preparation match. Let's note that neither of these teams is playing the Asian Games as a doubles team on the Men's side. Give that some thought. These were the teams that played the Asian Championships. But again, I am at a point where there is little of substance to...
Top