Search results

  1. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This thread is more about discussing the table tennis you usually play and what happened to you in TT today. You could get more responses by opening your own thread for this. And if you want great responses, it is best to post video of your play. But if not, that is fine as well. Just open a...
  2. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    Trolling under anonymity is a hazard on the internet. You aren't as notorious as SJAN or brokenball, but when you abuse your anonymity using the same principles, we end up in the same place. We just try to understand why people write stuff, that's all.
  3. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    You sound like someone defending the Holy Spirit of the law - what's next, you are going to speak in tongues about rubbers? Seriously, the table tennis laws are pretentiously written in minimalist fashion so things like singular vs plural nouns are very important for that minimalism. Learn...
  4. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    This was exactly what I told someone who asked me what inspired most of your complaints about pips - I was like it is just his recent losing record to his penholder hitting partner who probably plays a less athletically respectable style.
  5. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    Okay. And the use of the word "racket" as a singular noun in just about every match context is also a mistake? The rules were written to allow this possibility but just for some reason only focus on "the racket" and never "the rackets" because the rule writers were waiting for you to show them...
  6. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    I never said you couldn't play with two rackets. You could even play with tennis rackets if that is your thing. People play table tennis with cell phones and clipboards for fun. I played with planks of wood as rackets multiple times as a child - never learned to spin heavy until I was in my...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I wouldn't recommend this unless you can be really consistent with it, it is just better to either accept the rally or to place the shot better. Unless your rating is massively different from what you have already presented, there is likely to be a gap of sorts between what you are perceiving...
  8. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    Okay. You are still not citing any laws, just making up your own interpretations. I will end it here, have fun with the new style. People can read the rules and decide why ITTF consistently refers to "the racket" and "the free hand" and whether the purpose was to allow for the possibility of...
  9. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    Here are the laws if anyone is interested. They begin on page 38 in the pdf. One can decide after reading them whether I am being "narrow-minded" or just better informed. https://documents.ittf.sport/sites/default/files/public/2023-06/2023_ITTF_Statutes_clean_version.pdf
  10. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    2.5. 6 The free hand is the hand not carrying the racket; the free arm is the arm ofthe free hand. 2.5. 7 A player strikes the ball if he or she touches it in play with his or her racket, held in the hand, or with his or her racket hand below the wrist. You're a smart guy but if you want to...
  11. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    Well, again, most of the rules, when you read them, are written with the logic that a player is only permitted to use one racket. If you switch rackets from one hand to another for example, then you are changing rackets in a way that the rules did not expect. Free hands when tossing serves for...
  12. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    The way the ITTF rules work, it isn't always through banning actions that rules are made, sometimes rules are made by logical interpretations of how the laws are written. Of course, the rules that are not enforceable or badly enforced exist, but that is a different issue from an act being...
  13. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    Most of the ITTF rules imply one racket. It will be interesting to see whether there will be an interpretation that allows more than one racket to be used during a match. Remember, there are rules against changing rackets during matches. On the results: you continue to make it sound like it...
  14. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    So with this likely illegal style, which player have you beaten that you couldn't already beat? Curious.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The backhand topspin is primarily what I have in mind but it applies to all strokes - this is the video that illustrates the main concept later in it. You don't have to use his precise technique though if you did, given his backhand reputation at his peak, that is not a bad thing at all. He...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    People coach and teach these things differently so there are no magic answers. I honestly don't have a confident forehand push either, I am more like Dima, I usually backhand push serves no matter where they are placed because I am tall and my backhand push is much heavier unless I know where...
  17. Cheap alternative to D05?

    I hear you. I have my objections to this, but sometimes, objections based on personal experience are just bias, not objective evidence. And since you have provided an example of one high level player/coach who subscribed to this approach, I really just have to accept your informed perspective...
  18. 26th Asian Table Tennis Championship

    Competition is better for sure in the JNT though I don't think other than Harimoto, there are any Mizutani level players. I am still confused though how a 16 year old is being knocked for losing to 19 year olds in competitions as evidence of his inability to compete on level playing ground. And...
  19. Please recommend long pips rubber for me!

    The LP clearly make the statement ridiculous lol.
  20. 26th Asian Table Tennis Championship

    3‐0 (3‐2, 3‐2, 3‐0) https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/26th-asian-table-tennis-championship.31859/post-422793 Sorry I thought you said China and Taipei, I misread. Not sure if or when that match will be played.
Top