Close to the Table Power Topspin

This user has no status.
It's interesting how he can squeeze in such a big body rotation in such a small amount of time. Maybe Gucchy is returning the ball too weakly to his FH, or Yassun is just fast af. For me I never get nice balls like that, and if I adopt the full body rotation I will always get jammed, unless I'm away from the table, but that's not my preferred location either.

The point about hitting it square on and then closing the racket angle after is correct and even essential imo.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

@turbozed will appreciate this.

@JJ Ng
@brokenball

Not so much...
It is OK. He is a good player with a good BH loop. The FH is simply hitting easy high balls. Notice that he says to keep the paddle vertical but he is really hitting the ball at about 1:30 or 45 degree mark so his swing and paddle angle are more about 45 degree which is good for hitting high balls with lots of tangential motion. Notice that he doesn't say to roll the wrist until AFTER impact. NOT during impact. This is OK. I have no complaints except that he is blasting away at high balls. More instructive would be really looping balls from below net height or even at table height where one can't simply blast away because the ball must be hit up and over the net. Now more skill is required to get the right ratio of spin to speed because too much speed will not give the ball enough time to drop onto the table.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The sub is off and the caption (インパクト瞬間に被せる/cover at the moment of impact) is different from what's being spoken.

@4:54
3つ目のポイントは/The 3rd pointer is
スイングに合わせて/in sync with the swing
インパクトら辺から/from around the impact
被せていく/cover up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The sub is off and the caption (インパクト瞬間に被せる/cover at the moment of impact) is different from what's being spoken.

@4:54
3つ目のポイントは/The 3rd pointer is
スイングに合わせて/in sync with the swing
インパクトら辺から/from around the impact
被せていく/cover up
This is so STUPID! Explain how he knows the moment of impact when it takes many milliseconds for the impact to be felt!
What the player does after he feels the impact doesn't make much difference because the ball is long gone.It is amazing how much effort you guys will go through to perpetuate myths.

Jan 2018
That's the most accurate description of what actually takes place in reality. It doesn't rule out the other possibilities, but until we have evidence that shows otherwise, then this is the coaching standard.

Stop wasting everyone's time with your wacko interpretations. Chances are you have been doing it without realizing.