Search results

  1. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    Hmm... I am not Jorgic for sure, but I find it easier to play with Dignics 09c and Golden Tango on backhand than I do softer rubbers. But I think you make a good point about the effort required to play consistently with those rubbers on backhand might not suit everyone's styles, especially...
  2. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Shoulder width is the basic requirement. One thing though is that the muscles for getting low and getting wide are different. If you have good joints, doing wall sits and squats in both positions is helpful. In general, a lot of stuff in TT requires you to build the muscles to support things...
  3. China super league 2023

    The definition of a tight match lol : 3) Xu Haidong 3:2 Yuan Licen (9:11, 15:13, 10:12, 12:10, 12:10)
  4. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    This video is kinda helpful in illustrating a basic fact about placement that never goes away no matter what level you are playing at, assuming similar level opponents and that you aren't hitting balls that are too low quality to limit the opponent.
  5. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    You have to train precise placement then, you are probably taking very little risk on your third balls, which means very little risk for a good opponent as well to make a play that troubles you. If you can hit the corners or wide angles or the elbow, people stop giving you the simple stuff...
  6. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    Not a shortcut but a requirement for sure. In principle, multiball is the repeated practice of anything. A form of reinforcement learning that can be optimized as necessary to make it transferable to the context which it occurs in. Once you know the right skill, multiball it, even that a...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yes, it is the back muscles, especially the lower back muscles, that get challenged the most. Some of it is because many people lose control of the glutes as they age, but some of it is just not being used to being low - you also have to avoid using the spine incorrectly to compensate for not...
  8. Should I upgrade my blade or change rubber?

    H3 is slow unboosted unless you let the tack wear off and play with it for a while. Easier to just boost at least once IMHO.
  9. Should I upgrade my blade or change rubber?

    Nah, someone made him confess that he doesn't boost, he wants the H3 to magically become faster without boosting. He needs to move to Neverland.
  10. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    While it has limitations as a tool, try to use your swing trajectory as a guide for the ball. In broad terms, the shape of your stroke should guide the ball and also be used to adjust to the incoming spin. As an upright player, I can speak about the value of being upright vs getting lower...
  11. Truls Moregardh Set to play in Chinese Super League

    I feel they invited him to give Xiang Peng confidence that he could play the best in Europe lol. Truls is a superstar, no doubt about it, no matter his results in the short term.
  12. Should I upgrade my blade or change rubber?

    Or K3, Rasanter 53, Golden Tango.
  13. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    Ah okay, it's just rudeness then.
  14. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    The other issue with your statement is that it was just wrong, which makes the rudeness far jarring. NDH actually captured the reality far better. When a player knows how to play consistently with spin (and TensorBackhand clearly does, whatever you think of his game limitations), they can tell...
  15. A couple game videos, help me return serve better

    Just change your contact point on the ball, it's not as hard as you think. IT takes practice to get the quality, but it's usually a mental thing with respect to the consistency.
  16. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    It doesnt even have to be long pips, sometimes short or medium pips or even thin sponged inverted gave similar effects and would be good enough for what Gozo does. It is just adjusting to new material that is the problem but isn't fun. But up to about 1800, I could use short pips on my backhand...
  17. I Played In A National Tournament; This Is My Diary

    Yes, but even in Opens in the US, we have a rating system with seeding criteria. So no one goes in 100% blind. The most important thing is that you found some fun in it.
  18. China super league 2023

    Fan Zhendong vs Zhou Qihao perfectly illustrates my point about Weiqao having 3 #1s.
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Played this week. Lost for the first time to someone. All the three games I lost were the minimum 2 point margin. I blew him out in the games I won. But he has really wanted this win for a while so I am sure I made his day. And he is a good guy, but I just like to make people wait longer...
  20. China super league 2023

    Was hoping for this @JesperStef . Thanks for delivering!
Top