Search results

  1. Ultra-thin sponge?

    H9 with 1mm soft damping sponge. In short - one of the funniest rubber that I play. H9 topsheet is softer than H3, with similar stickiness, and feels different in behavior. The upper limit of spin is lower than H3, but is extremely easy to access. Push and short chop are slow and very spiny. In...
  2. Thread about Japanese Players

    That is a completely different setup from what she uses in the recent games. The blade look like Diode V with a wrap. The pips have yollow sponge, that smels Victas. I will bet on P1V in 1mm. The red rubber have red/pinkish sponge. Can be Zyre 03.
  3. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    Think she is using P1V with some sponge, Zyre and Diode V.
  4. DHS Skyline serie, TG2 and TG3

    TG3 BS 40 on Innershield ZLF is such a fun combo. The blade is soft, slow and flexible - 960Hz. TG3 with 2 layers of FP is 58 degrees, hard and extremely spiny. The natural high vibrations of the blade are balanced by the hard rubber and the result is stable. I never win so many points from slow...
  5. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    My 388D-2 has also red sponge, but at 1mm and 35-40 degrees is away from damping. Same story for OX and 0.5mm sponge, even with slow blade are not my gems. BTW, what are your impressions of Curl P2 / P2V? Also, is there a big difference between Do Knuckle and the Super? I ordered P3V at 1mm...
  6. WTT Star Contender Ljubljana 2026 June 16-21

    Togami twiddled his racket from FH Z03 to D09C in the last set and 3-5 for Qiu.
  7. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    SDK at 1.4mm is less bouncy than 388D-2 at 1mm. Pimple Slide has unique pips geometry and extreme control, but the sponge is too soft and slow for my liking. I found PS to play better with 0.5+0.7mm custom sponge 45 degrees. P3Va is coming close with a bit bigger and softer pips, horizontally...
  8. BEST MEDIUM PIPS for both chopping and attacking?

    I am in the same rabbit hole, searching for the best pips. And surprise, there are always trade offs. I played with a lot of rubbers and can recommend as a safe choice Nittaku SDK. Spiny, not too soft pips, 42.5 degrees sponge, at 1.4mm attacks are solid, chopping is easy. But there is no...
  9. Hybrid suggestions for someone coming from H3

    Today I played with the robot using Vega China VM, J&H Z52.5 and H3 BS 39 with 2 layers FP. Spin H3>VC> Z52.5 Speed Z52.5>VC>H3 Margin for errors VC>Z52.5>H3 Throw VC>Z52.5>H3 Loop Z52.5>VC>H3 Chop H3>>VC> Z52.5 Personally, I found VC closer to Z52.5 than to H3. But it is the closest from all...
  10. Does this blade require sealing Victas Koki Niwa ZF?

    Same observation for the 45 degree pulling angle. But sealing is a must. Don't bother with overpriced TT products that have questionable ingredients. Water-based PU lacquer is very cheap and has good adhesion to the wood. Even better is OSMO oil, 2 layers for soft wood like ayous and hinoki, one...
  11. Equipment Advice | How to evaluate the myriad of options?

    Dawei 388C-3 is a cross between SP and MP, also, very cheap. The sponge is hard but lively, with 1.3mm I feel some springiness, but not on the level of Spinfire 1.8mm. Blocks near the table are low and easy to control. Flat hitting is pure nightmare for the opponent. Loop with a more open angle...
  12. How to know if I prefer a short or long dwell time?

    In short: more dwell gives you easily accessible spin and more control in the short game. But also your rubbers are reacting more to the opponent spin. Because everything in TT has trade offs, in general, a blade with high dwell is slower and flexible or/and mushy, resulting in less control for...
  13. DHS fans unite!

    My experience with several H3 and TG3 across the last year: QC of prov H3 from ali is next to terrible, sponge hardness and weight are pure lottery. Grip level was consistent. There is no difference in the grip level and durability between nat and prov H3 BS. But I have just one national H3N...
  14. Blade for Defensive player for blocking

    Think here is the best place to drop some impressions from Victas Blockman. Weight 76.2g Thickness 6.65mm Frequency 1230Hz Composition ayous ayous? cedar core Stiffness above average 5 ply blade, similar to Dr. N Gladiator (1250Hz) and Yinhe 980 (1230Hz) Speed DEF to ALL- similar with...
  15. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Or when her sholder needs lighter load. My guess is there is good 10g diference between the two setups.
  16. DHS Skyline serie, TG2 and TG3

    I have two TG3 BS, slower and with a lower throw than H3 BS. The level of stickiness is the same - can lift the ball for 1–2 seconds. That is my spiniest rubber, but the QC is very bad - the 40 degrees version is softer than the 39...
  17. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Not with black BB and Limitless. Only with B3 purple first glue layer was weak, after was ok.
  18. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    More updates for 729 BB: Some details that I missed — the pips arrangement is horizontal, like VS>401. Pips are straight, not slightly conical like H3 and B3. Now I have a second rubber in red, 40 degrees, but I measure 48 degrees shore o. Is heavier - 63g uncut, with a thicker topsheet than...
  19. Struggling with G1 on FH

    G1 is excellent rubber, and it should be possible to play with it. I had 2mm and 1.7mm in the past with relatively stiffer blades. The rubber is not easy, but is definitely not so difficult to learn. Don't take advice from 1500 TTR trainer. Focus on your connection with the ball. Search for the...
  20. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Some updates: I played some more with 729 Broken Boundaries. Don't observe any change in behavior, but I am catching more differences with H3N BS. BB is easier to engage in looping, but still requires the same movements as typical chinese rubber. Block is better than H3N, chop, push and service...
Top