Search results

  1. Blades with two sides?

    My impressions of Matador Titan and Matador Texa Carbon are that there is a very small difference in speed between both sides. But yet enough to be recognized in blind test. Texa Carbon is overal faster, with bigger diference between BH and FH.
  2. Best Rubber / Booster combination ?

    Some soft tensor rubber without boost - Andro R42, R45, Vega Korea.
  3. The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

    Yuto Muramatsu blade look like Goriki with Tibhar logo:
  4. Migrating from VS401 to something else

    Depends on the hits, but is not as durable as VS 401. For me, the issue is changing the glue - craters even with DHS 15 and softening the glue with Revolution No.3 Cleaner. Did he try G1 on his BH?
  5. Migrating from VS401 to something else

    I am switching to VS 401 1.5mm, coming from H3 OS and Donic Slice CS 1.5mm. My recomendation is Donic Slice CS - if I have it when I was 12, I will be over 2000 TTR now😄. Hardness is around 48, between C1 and VS 401. It is very linear and gripy. In 1.5mm can be close to bottoming out, so 1.8mm...
  6. Nittaku Hurricane 8-80 Power Review: Not What I Expected

    I don't like it with or without a boost. High throw, mediocre grip, fragile sponge with limited range of gears. G09C is similar but much better.
  7. SDC Handmade Blades

    How long will it take to "tune" such simulation to be accurate enough? We have anisotropic properties (different in X Y Z). As not a mechanical engineer, I will mention only hardness, elasticity and damping. And these properties are probably non-linear in the range of deformation. But let's add...
  8. Nittaku Hurricane 8-80 Power Review: Not What I Expected

    40 degrees ESN is very soft rubber. I have durometer in shore o and is accurate for 4mm rubbers - G1 48 degrees, old T05 47, Mantra Pro XH 52. My green LAC was 50 degrees before boosting, that is around 38 shore a.
  9. SDC Handmade Blades

    In one good world, big TT manufacturers will provide all necessary data to understand the equipment without buying it. But they don't do that. Even if one custom blade maker decides to show FEA simulations of blade behavior, who will understand the results without previus experience reading such...
  10. Hybrid forehand rubber to replace Hurricane 3 Neo

    There are 2 roads: H3 BS and boosting or everything else — a bunch of rubbers that can surpass H3 in speed and ease, but never in spin. Only TG3 BS is spinier, but I will not recommend it for H3 alternative.
  11. Hybrid forehand rubber to replace Hurricane 3 Neo

    What H3 are you using; commercial, provincial, orange sponge or blue? Are you boosting and how much; one layer, 4 layers? There is a huge difference between boosted blue sponge (BS) and non-boosted commercial. I can recommend Vega China VM, but it is heavier. 729 Battle 3 is also good.
  12. Quality of DHS rubbers bought domestically in China vs Taobao vs AliExpress

    All rubbers have legit sticker numbers.
  13. Alternative rubber a bit faster than Rakza 7

    One step in speed above G1 is Mantra Pro, M or H. Lighter and spiny option can be Grayzer, but is more springy. With 1.9mm sponge you can have more control and even less weight.
  14. Quality of DHS rubbers bought domestically in China vs Taobao vs AliExpress

    I boost with falco platinum one or two layers. That is a weak booster but with permanent effect. Don't like too springy and too sticky rubbers. And happy with the "new" H3 level of stickiness. Prov H3 OS 38 2.2 is from XVT Table Tennis. Prov TG3 BS 39 2.1 is from Global Sports Store, my old...
  15. Quality of DHS rubbers bought domestically in China vs Taobao vs AliExpress

    Think here is the best place to drop some experience. TT equipment from aliexpress + DHS + big promotion = the worst quality control. Prov H3 OS 38 2.2 - measured hardness 56 degrees, sponge 2.05mm, 68.8g uncut with foil. Dents in the sponge, it is possible to be a commercial version, but cut...
  16. Anyone Know What Pips This Player Is Using?

    Looking at the video, I see similarities with Ilius B 1.3mm on FH. The sponge is so hard and dead that it produces a sound like a gun with a silencer. Such an easy LP for offense.
  17. How to play against good close to the table players?

    Play fast, long and spiny services. Your goal is table edge. When looping, try to change directions. A fast smash is a winning point if your opponent is near the table. Learn to do flicks and chikitas to underspin balls. That is a nightmare for every pusher. If you let them play their game, you...
  18. Ukrainian blades

    The blade look very well crafted. What is the composition, used woods and can you add side view?
  19. Beating the plateau at low intermediate level

    Usually, easy rubber for me is easy rubber for my opponent. I will put Mark V, Musa, Marder 2 and 729 super soft in this category. Too sticky (TDE) and springy (T05, Vega Europe) are beyond my skills. But on a thinner sponge or hardness above 50 degrees, some tensors I can handle, on ALL speed...
  20. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Yes, the beefy handle is so good. Main is 84g and 1620Hz. I am choping, looping and blocking, but not on Satoshi Aida level 😄. Bayed it just to feed the EJ demons. My current setups are slow in comparison - blades around 1200Hz. Masamune actual speed is all over the place, from All+ at light...
Top