Search results

  1. European Games 2023

    I have poster a few on the past. She is very much into following the shape of the ball on her strokes.
  2. European Games 2023

    Therr was no point at which the match cound have been 4-2 unless I missed something... Freitas never had match point and a 9‐7 lead in the 7th is the closest he got. I think the journalist probably confused the brothers somehow lol.
  3. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    You can but it takes practice to twist into it - the advantage of twisting is that twisting back feels natural on the follow through but it isnt a must. As long as you develop smooth connecting movements, there are options in footwork but they have to deliver solutions fast enough at the level...
  4. European Games 2023

    Felix beat him, but Freitas displayed a different level going back maybe 8 years at this tournament. He beat Pucar, Karlsson, Jorgic and Alexis. His winning the final would just have completed the display of form. Would have said little about Alexis and Felix though I do think Alexis just was...
  5. European Games 2023

    Yes. Very spin oriented style. It's pretty much how I understand the game and it is good that one can play at a decent level with that technique.
  6. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    In almost every TT stance, both feet should point outwards, but they can point forward as well as long as you twist on the balls of your feet when backswinging.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It Is useless because you aren't using your feet the right way on the strokes, if you are (jumping into backswing and lunging on forehand and bowing on backhands), the quality loss is minimal and the transitions are definitely much much faster
  8. Content Pulled from The Hijacking of GrandMaster's Thread

    We have transformed GM thread into a metaethical thread. Hooray, Beer!
  9. European Games 2023

    I suspect she is going to get a movie made about her at some point lol. She has the dramatic character.
  10. European Games 2023

    Amazing match, sad ending for the old folk - hopefully, Freitas can keep this form.
  11. European Games 2023

    When Bernadette is looping, the technique is so simple even a 2 year old can understand it. That she makes it work so well with athleticism and resolve is why I enjoy watching her play. Even when the screaming is sometimes annoying...
  12. European Games 2023

    Games were all tight though except one, where he was clearly outplayed. I think his copout was "fair", though copouts are copouts no matter how fair they purport to be.
  13. European Games 2023

    Qiu Dang was blaming a backhand rubber change that he still needs to adapt to, lol. He also pointed out that the focus was qualifying in mixed double for him, not the singles. He is very likely to play the singles in any case, more likely than not, Timo is done with national team play.
  14. European Games 2023

    Alexis to lose to Freitas, no. And even watching the match or the highlights, you can see Alexis's youth all over the loss. He lost big leads to throw it away. The Freitas comebacks broke his calm and resolve and there was some panic as Freitas keep lengthening the points. I didn't think...
  15. Westchester Table Tennis Highlight Videos

    So Steger was in the US and played the tournament - the highlights video isn't out yet but here is the finals:
  16. European Games 2023

    The Freitas train vs Felix the Flash Lebrun... I guess it all depends on whether Freitas can slow down Felix. That kid makes everyone look so slow with how early he takes the ball. Even after serving long...
  17. European Games 2023

    A fun event. Mini Olympic games for Europe. Two singles players per country ir qualified. We are already at the finals stages with Freitas having a renaissance and facing Felix Lebrun. Who will win the final later today?
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Open a thread, it is puzzling that one doesn't exist but we create our reality in this community. On your original topic, I think Ionescu doesnt have anything unique about his forehand per se and IMHO neither did Kreanga. Kreanga because of his athleticism and relatively small size managed to...
  19. Content Pulled from The Hijacking of GrandMaster's Thread

    We've lost a lot of forum history, I remember one wise engineer (was it killerspintt or something like that was his handle) telling us the story of Schlager posting on German forums and getting hounded about his technique or something he was trying to teach... people don't fully appreciate how...
  20. Illegal long pips are actually very fun to play against.

    But... but... someone was wrong on the internet... again! I must restore balance to the force...
Top