Search results

  1. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Of course you never did, you argued from a property that is likely universal to a conclusion that is empirically dubious. I sometimes have a better backhand than forehand on one day and then a better forehand than backhand the next day. Should I get asymmetric blades for each circumstance or...
  2. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    Since the post references asymmetric blades as one option amongst many, I am not sure why you think it tries to prove what it clearly contradicts.
  3. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    It is like saying that shoe manufacturers should make the left shoe slightly bigger than the right shoe if someone has slightly different sized feet, like most human beings actually do. In practice, the problem is small enough to ignore and most people compensate by just finding a size both...
  4. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    I have admitted that many players swing with stronger forehands than backhands in racket sport. What that means for racket sport depends on many things about the racket sport. What does that mean for symmetry or asymmetry? Just about any conclusion can follow from this. Should the backhand...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Here are a couple of matches against players rated 400 pts below me by their official USATT ratings. I won both matches deuce in the 5th. My shot selection wasn't smart, I tried to end a lot of points early, I think I even lost a 10-3 lead in the 5th in one of them. But in the end, if the...
  6. Life, Existence, and the Meaning of Long Pips - The Opus Maximus of James Z

    All I have repeatedly said is that you need to quantify your claims - they are plausible, like many things are plausible when they are not quantified. Of course you aren't stupid enough to claim that everyone should an asymmetric blade. But you are also being facetious when you argue in the...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The biggest things IMHO are 1. control your breathing so you breathe largely like you do when you practice. Don't let the circumstances force you to hyperventilate. 2. grade yourself by how well you try the things that you worked on in practice, not by whether you win or lose matches. This...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Given your estimated playing level, I would encourage you to work on your serving and blocking if you get so exhausted after 3 matches lol. I actually played 21 matches in a tournament in 2011, but I was just an underrated 1000 USATT player then. I won 4 or 5 events back then, I think from...
  9. What Rubber is better for my style?

    Stiff outer ply, yes, slow blade, it depends. But you know your game better than I do. You can do a lot of things to improve depending on your level, there is no simple answer. What currently prevents you from spinning more with Big Slam?
  10. DHS fans unite!

    I hit with someone's Skyline 2 in the club yesterday. Very interesting rubber. Really tempted to try it.
  11. DHS fans unite!

    Don't you mean TG3 Skyline Neo?
  12. What Rubber is better for my style?

    Why would you play a blocker style with Barracuda though? And on such a slow blade too? Clearly OP likes soft rubber but it isnt clear what he wants to improve about his forehand. I would say T80fx but not sure anyone wants to spend Tenergy money...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is more about the player development and less about coaching in real time. For what I am discussing even watching video for 10 minutes after a match is fine or if the student can edit even better. Some students pay for this for sure and maybe more coaches should offer and charge for it...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Don't really care. In life everything has a reason, doesnt mean it is good or bad to point it out. My main point is that he could easily have watched Jslick record a match and use that as input. Too many coaches get away with stuff like this, which is unfortunate when you have a student...
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It is virtually impossible to serve any pure topspin serve short, unless the topspin is extremely light or you are playing along the very longest diagonal, as topspin kicks the ball forward and upward. You can make the serve look short by making the first bounce closer to the net, but if the...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your regular coach watching you is huge. I find it a form of coaching negligence for a coach not to watch his student in tournament matches (either live or video) and figure out drills/exercises to compensate.
  17. Post your latest EJ purchase

    The Cybershape Carbon should still be the same, the new one just has weights to make the blade heavier or lighter in the handle for feeling if the speed of the environment changes. The Cybershape Wood has limba, but that is outside the scope of this conversation lol.
  18. Post your latest EJ purchase

    So the one thing that Cybershape has in the plus column is that it is not ALC and it is not limba outer - it is Koto. But it is still innerforce. What that means for your feeling, I don't know, but for me that I hate koto, it makes a tolerable difference. I can't play with Viscaria/FZD/LGY etc.
  19. Post your latest EJ purchase

    Yes, Dragongrip is what they propose for that, maybe if I want to waste more money one day, I will try it. But for me, the attraction of Cybershape was going to a quick release rubber. but maybe for you, coming from innerforce already it might be different. But I will measure the blade...
  20. Post your latest EJ purchase

    It's a good blade but nothing super special. For some people, a bit better on flat hits and the thinner neck suits my grip more. Also encourages finishing forward since it has a bit more weight in the head. But I haven't used an innerforce ALC/ZLC in the while, it might be around that speed...
Top