European Games 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The Freitas train vs Felix the Flash Lebrun... I guess it all depends on whether Freitas can slow down Felix. That kid makes everyone look so slow with how early he takes the ball. Even after serving long...
Freitas looks good for the win in my view...

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
The Freitas train vs Felix the Flash Lebrun... I guess it all depends on whether Freitas can slow down Felix. That kid makes everyone look so slow with how early he takes the ball. Even after serving long...
Yep - he's crazy fast in every aspect of his game. Freitas just looks very smooth and powerful - best I have seen him for a long time.

I didn't expect Alexis to lose to Freitas or Felix to beat Gacina.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yep - he's crazy fast in every aspect of his game. Freitas just looks very smooth and powerful - best I have seen him for a long time.

I didn't expect Alexis to lose to Freitas or Felix to beat Gacina.
Alexis to lose to Freitas, no. And even watching the match or the highlights, you can see Alexis's youth all over the loss. He lost big leads to throw it away. The Freitas comebacks broke his calm and resolve and there was some panic as Freitas keep lengthening the points.

I didn't think Gacina had a chance against Felix. Against Felix, you need a certain level of speed to be competitive and Gacina doesn't quite have it. Freitas does, but whether he can maintain it with consistency long enough is an open question. He also is a lefty, and that helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Alexis to lose to Freitas, no. And even watching the match or the highlights, you can see Alexis's youth all over the loss. He lost big leads to throw it away. The Freitas comebacks broke his calm and resolve and there was some panic as Freitas keep lengthening the points.

I didn't think Gacina had a chance against Felix. Against Felix, you need a certain level of speed to be competitive and Gacina doesn't quite have it. Freitas does, but whether he can maintain it with consistency long enough is an open question. He also is a lefty, and that helps.
Fair enough, but Alexis managed to defeat Qiu Dang and that took some consistency - a big surprise for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fair enough, but Alexis managed to defeat Qiu Dang and that took some consistency - a big surprise for me.
Qiu Dang was blaming a backhand rubber change that he still needs to adapt to, lol. He also pointed out that the focus was qualifying in mixed double for him, not the singles. He is very likely to play the singles in any case, more likely than not, Timo is done with national team play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Qiu Dang was blaming a backhand rubber change that he still needs to adapt to, lol. He also pointed out that the focus was qualifying in mixed double for him, not the singles. He is very likely to play the singles in any case, more likely than not, Timo is done with national team play.
Sounds like a cop out to me - he was outplayed!

Reactions: blahness

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Bernadette is good at bringing out her top level at important moments. The first T2 final was impressive. But that 7th game against XXY today was amazing from Bernie.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
When Bernadette is looping, the technique is so simple even a 2 year old can understand it. That she makes it work so well with athleticism and resolve is why I enjoy watching her play. Even when the screaming is sometimes annoying...
She has the most visible "wrapping" of the ball when she loops unlike a lot of other top players who do it a lot more subtly.