Search results

  1. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    Every rubber is different in how it is treated. Even the same rubber can play a bit differently if you put on a different sponge and boost it. And some people naturally hit through the ball more and some people brush more. I played with Golden Tango PS I didn't like it as much as I liked the...
  2. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    So the most common scenario for what you are doing in that video is counterlooping a slower ball. So while there are some examples of arm compensation in this video especially in the matches examples (though more aggressively than what you did), I think you can see that most players are taking...
  3. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    If you do the same loop with tacky rubber and the same loop with non-tacky rubber and you try to feel the differences in effect and you try to create the same effect, if you have decent technique, the adjustments will come intuitively. The tacky rubber will always require more power or thicker...
  4. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    I've gone back and forth between tacky and non-tacky. The advanced rubbers all do the same thing, the question is what feels linear to you and what table distances you are comfortable playing at. Tack slows the ball release down, so it works against rubber elasticity at lower swing speeds...
  5. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    Because with tacky rubber, you can sometimes hit one spin shot with so much power the point ends. That is torture for the opponent.
  6. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    Yes, this is a far better way of saying what I Was getting at - the backswing is driven by use of the legs to lunge and fold the torso. Not by taking the arm backwards or forwards per se (there is some of that for very little additional power, but it isn't the core of the stroke).
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    This I agree with, I have not decided I want to change my stroke that much, but I have felt this a lot. What I will probably do is make the stroke path bigger but close over it.
  8. Armature FH stroke difference between Tacky and Non tacky rubbers

    I would argue that the first two are taking the ball later and the next two are taking the ball earlier and the last two are probably not the optimal way of taking the ball earlier and the first two are arguably not the optimal way of taking the ball later. I think you have gone down a rabbit...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Ah okay. That makes sense. What I would say is that there is a path adjustment you need to make when you hit the ball hard. That is what enables you to play full strokes closer to the table. It usually involves finishing a bit lower tha you would with a slower rubber. That said, Rakza X has...
  10. Post your latest EJ purchase

    The one I hit with and like had Dignics 05 on both sides. But I could do Golde Tango as well on one side. But more likely i will just get the Dignics 05. Or maybe even T05 Hard for forehand and T05 backhand.
  11. Post your latest EJ purchase

    I finally decided to try the Cyber...
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    That was what I was thinking when I tested D05 on both sides but I also learned that Tango was pretty powerful when I ran that experiment. Right now, I play with both paddles and I might put Tango on Forehand and 05 on backhand. But I could definitely stick with the same on both sides, though...
  13. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Not the official channel but it does the job lol. Maybe he made it and ITTF didn't take it lol.
  14. World Table Tennis Championships 2023

    Same here - maybe they missed it, they do have the full match video.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Getting feedback on training drills as quickly as possible is very important. Otherwise you groove in habits that will be hard to break without major changes and you want to reduce the need for major changes as much as possible. Even a 2 minute section of drill is sufficient.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Such things are just feelings. I find that whatever you use, if you train enough, the body will adjust. The main reason why 05 feels that way is that the topsheet is designed to spin, but if you hit a bit more to the wood and close the blade somewhat through the stroke, the effect will be...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your mindset already won you the match, seems like your opponent already felt he had to take risk to have a chance which is not a good place to be or way to play. I think the main distinction was that he played as if he was afraid of the rally and you didn't.
  18. Chat GPT in table tennis

    ERT was Chat GPT before Chat GPT,
  19. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Golden Tango, people. Golden Tango. D05 is a fine rubber by the way. But if you don't want to boost, Golden Tango is a really comfortable place to be. As a bonus, you can get two for the price of one Dignics.
  20. EmRatThich says learn w/Max thickness, fast rubber?

    It is very valuable and helpful to hear you say this, when I pointed out such things on this forum years ago, even close friends at a good playing level made it sound like I was thinking too much, and that his videos were helpful. As you pointed out, ERT is just a TT Chat GPT, websearch and...
Top