Search results

  1. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    Yokoi has a very nasty backhand topspin and it will be a while before we know here true level. Cheng I Ching is a good player, as is Qian Tianyi and Miwa Harimoto. At worst, three players will pass Ito and she won't get to play 2024. If that happens, it is a good thing for Japan. But no one...
  2. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    She has her Olympic medals and has gone as far as her style can take her IMHO. She is still losing mostly to very top players so the level is about the same. Qian Tianyi when she was younger was the same level as Sun Yingsha, but since CNT isn't confident about either her or Kuai Man, but they...
  3. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    Remember, Samara is also from Romania, and she played well as well. Sometimes, it is really about playing well in the close moments and Samara got loose as Chen Meng got tight.
  4. WTT Singapore Smash 2023

    Age (though to be fair, her opponent was older). But her opponent has been injured far more and all that Chinese training has to catch up to Chen Meng some day...
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So the guy who is the highest level adult learner I know just had a career win. Not sure he wants the attention but here it is.
  6. Should Ruwen Filus be penalised and suspended?!

    Spoken like a professional racket thrower.
  7. Most bizarre table tennis match ever?

    Here is the loss to CCY.
  8. Most bizarre table tennis match ever?

    Guys, let's remember that Noshad beat Lin Gaoyuan last year playing this style at the Asian Cup (not many highlight videos so people are not aware) and he has always been pretty backhand dominant even if not this extreme (he beat Wang Liqin in 2012). The problem is that the backhand is an...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    For people who wondered what I meant, watch this match, especially the 4th game.
  10. Most bizarre table tennis match ever?

    Not bizarre. Amazing. The 4th game in it's own way is the most amazing display of TT I have ever seen
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Watching Noshad Alamiyan play, I sometimes feel like I am on drugs.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have heard from multiple sources (never seen him play in person) that Freitas hits the ball the hardest in practice halls and that when you see him practice, you feel fairly confident he is going to win the tournament. Which to me is almost completely at odds with his spin-orientation in...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    It might not be obvious but I suspect part of the reason NDH is asking the question is that there is a massive disconnect between your ball quality in practice and the players ratings you are losing to. Maybe it is just you getting back into the game, or maybe it is the infamous (even if...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Would really like to see you play some day in a video or better irl.
  15. How Did I Win or Lose a Match?

    This is a bit long, but it is really good for players who haven't taken seriously the need to build their style around weapons and what they practice.
  16. I lost my spark for playing TT

    I never said my position was a fact, I said it not just merely an opinion, just like saying that beginners should not use fast blades is not merely an opinion. But saying that because something is not scientifically provable that it is merely an opinion is wrong. You seem to agree, but cannot...
  17. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Oh, I wrote a long time that I agreed to disagree, it's just that sometimes what I write goes over your head, It was when you stated that my analogy was wrong and I said, okay, maybe you may have something interesting to say since you won awards for teaching. But if the best you can do is...
  18. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Okay, the first thing is that you said I don't have a scientific proof for it and that therefore it was my opinion. My point is that even saying that taking life away from living things is bad cannot be proven scientifically. This is well known. So asking for a scientific argument why...
  19. I lost my spark for playing TT

    Since you are so convinced the murder analogy is wrong, can you explain what is wrong with it? Science is agnostic to ends - "good" and "bad" require evaluation vs rules or goals. Therefore, science has nothing to say on morality other than whether ends are achievable or not achievable - it...
  20. Backhand rubbers? Is d09c too much for a beginner-intermediate player?

    That makes sense, I guess it comes down to style. There was this medium pips penholder that sometimes used short pips, he was a nightmare if his blocks were on as you would always make the first shot but he would make the first block and the ball would come back so loaded that if you couldn't...
Top