Search results

  1. World Team Cup 2019

    I said a while back that Taipei has a strong team without CCY and people asked me how. People are seeing that CCA is fully back and he and LYJ can carry the team with a decent 3rd player. And I think they have about 2 or 3 players at the LCT level (though not all are righties).
  2. Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

    Yeah, I can see how it fits Sergey Scooby Doo to a tee. I started rolling the ball off the table and stepping back to play soft counters. You would be amazed by the levels of players that game frustrates because the ball isn't coming with the weight they are looking for.
  3. Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

    I think G1 and T05 are made for the same kind of player but one wants a bit more control than the other. I think MX-K is made for someone who prioritizes control but is willing to spin the ball when the opportunity arises. I could see an all out attacker using it but IMO, if you want to do...
  4. Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

    So I have tried MX-K on a Mazunov and a Hadraw VR and MX-K (H) first on a Hadraw VK and Carbonado 190. Both are quality rubbers. Very good topsheet grip. The softer version (still hard if going by sponge hardness) gives me more all round control to play my favorite type of game but both...
  5. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Youthful ignorance can be a beautiful thing. I admire her drive and it will serve her well even in 2024 if not in 2020.
  6. World Team Cup 2019

    Kai emigrated as a junior too. Even though he was a good player before he came, a lot of his training happened in the US. Jennifer is well integrated into the US scene as well and I generally agree with your sentiments though I can see how others may disagree on this or that.
  7. World Team Cup 2019

    Kanak Jha is indian American. Yijun Feng was born in the USA as were Amy Wang and Lily Zhang. Amy I actually played once or twice a few years back. Kai and Jennifer are the ones born in China but we also had US national team members from Yugoslavia at one time. TT is that kind of sport here.
  8. World Team Cup 2019

    Well my apologies but you aren't talking about it and you are downplaying the impact and describing the game in germs that do not acknowledge the issues.
  9. World Team Cup 2019

    Beaten black and blue in an 11-7, 11-9, 14-12 game. Nah you sabi. How do you do more than put the ball back when you can't read the serve? This is getting silly.
  10. World Team Cup 2019

    Yes, I believe the players. When someone is hiding serves you can see it in how the players return their serves. If you know the structure of high level table tennis, players are trying to drop the ball short. When a player is pushing long repeatedly, he has given up on reading the serves.
  11. World Team Cup 2019

    If you look at Timo's history vs Yoshimura, Timo has always struggled with close matches vs Yoshimura. He lost the critical points today. The idea he played "poorly" is weird. Yoshimura has won a National Championship over Mizutani. Let us remember this . That umpires don't call ball...
  12. World Team Cup 2019

    Your opinion is yours. You can see in slow motion that the contact is often not visible to the returner and it Is worse for a lefty. It makes the sport look silly when someone is serving as cleanly as Boll is and is unable to return Yoshimura when he is serving behind the head and is forced to...
  13. World Team Cup 2019

    This is a huge win for Japan. Far bigger than even placing second would have given them.
  14. World Team Cup 2019

    He has to beat Harimoto here to make that possible.
  15. World Team Cup 2019

    The same way Boll usually endures it - fighting through the cheating. But Boll has always struggled against what Yoshimura does.
  16. World Team Cup 2019

    Will Boll survive this hidden service attack? Yoshimura serves everything behind his head.
  17. World Team Cup 2019

    You mean you have not heard the "Kanak is not a top 50 player " crowd repeatedly say that without focusing on the positives in his game? It saddens me that the US has a player that good and that they won't even stand up for him even if he is clearly overrated because of continental rating...
  18. World Team Cup 2019

    Kanak missed the training session with China because of league responsibilities in Europe. That explains it!
  19. World Team Cup 2019

    Yep. Korea won the group. Go USA! Kanak gives another middle finger to all the haters.
  20. World Team Cup 2019

    No. England is out in that scenario. Try again. If 3-1, it comes to game scores.
Top