Search results

  1. World Team Cup 2019

    Yes. This reminds us why Mizutani is still the greatest Japanese TT player of all time (okay modern era and stuff like that).
  2. World Team Cup 2019

    He was up if Niwa won. One team gets its top player in earlier than the other.
  3. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    I think the desire to have Hayata is leading us to construct too many narratives that keep her in the mix. Is there really a good reason not to field Hayata in Team World Cup if it is a realistic possibility? The conservative nature of the JNT selections is the consistent thread. Expectations...
  4. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Thanks and my point exactly. Selecting Sato for this World Teams shows how conservative the JNT is despite our desires.
  5. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    The Same reason the JTTA would. Higher world ranking. The 4th spot is largely a bonus and giving it to someone who doesn't clearly merit it has implications.
  6. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    You are acting as if JNT prefers to use discretion rather than follow rules. Why is Sato at the world team cuo?
  7. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    She has to overtake Sato and Kato to merit it.
  8. Dwell time

    Honestly it comes down to what you are trying to do. TTgearlab is an interesting blog and there he argues that there is a concept of holding the ball based on the difference between the regular rebound of a blade and the central rebound. Maybe you want blades that hold the ball according go...
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Body is okay. I have lost a lot of weight so that has made most things easier but the arthritis and historical damage don't help. I plan to continue trying to lose weight and to see how far I can go with it.
  10. Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

    I use 2.1mm. And yes, VR. VK is great but I need to get faster equipment. The Mazunov is fast but a bit heavy so I am trying to find the right balance. I like the 5 ply concept though.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I just won the U2000 at Princeton today with those rubbers. Unfortunately I will also go down in history as a sandbagger as I lost my first match to a 1600 youngster and lost 50 pts in the process. Had some tough matches though.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Mazunov isn't that hard. It's just heavy but if you have SP on one side that should be easier to manage. Most of the blades you are looking at are looping blades. I would try to find out what SP hitters are using. I actually saw one in action today if I had seen this earlier I would have...
  13. Tibhar MX-K H and MX-K M

    I am using MX-K right now and I agree with Yogi's endorsement. My only reservation (and why I haven't written a review yet) is that I actually disagree with Yogi on the topsheet (though he may be comparing to MX-P or tacky rubbers). The topsheet is extremely strong and grippy. I am...
  14. Topspin arc with a slow soft (defensive) blade

    I would have recommended that you go in the opposite direction and get a faster rubber like T64. It is great for away from the table loops on all kinds of blades including slow ones
  15. Ttnpp problems?

    I ordered a sheet of Joola Golden Tango last month. It came on reasonable time. Ultimately as long as you are willing to wait, they have good prices and usually good quality.
  16. Choosing equipments based on my style

    The thing is that when you are a good and experienced player and you hang around experienced players, especially some who have played or coached at the national level, you see how silly a lot of stuff people waste time on is. If you have money change equipment however you choose and as much as...
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I am testing Evolution MX-K now. Will have to see how the grip holds up but for my game, it might be something special.
  18. Women's World Cup 2019

    You didn't read the post carefully. DN was said to be risky not LSW. No one has said LSW is risky.
  19. Women's World Cup 2019

    Huh? There are two singles spots and Ding Ning's the 2017 WTTC and Liu Shiwen is the 2019 WTTC. Both are going. To make sense, you need to be advocating for someone else.
  20. Women's World Cup 2019

    Is Ding Ning really a bigger risk than 2016 Zhang Jike? People have short memories. Ding Ning has earned her spot. They will prep her maximally for the Olympics.
Top