Emerald Vps or Infinity Vps?

Emerald is an Heavy blade and really head heavy. I owned one (didn't tested it b4 i sold it), but it was 93-94gr and Really head heavy (and it was the lighter they had, some are even 100+gr), much much head heavy than my Carbonado 190 of 93gr also (sold this carbonado also, because I got one of 83-84gr) and my Yasaka Extra Special of 92gr.
If you wish a lighter blade, forgot the emerald imho.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
You need to consider the blade and rubber when talking about weight and balance. For example Airoc is lighter than Tenergy, so an Emerald with Airoc can be same weight as a Primorac and Tenergy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An emerald is head heavy even without rubbers (thats why I didn't even bothered to try it). Before putting it on scale, I was thinking about 100-105gr, something like 10 gramms more than the carbonado 190 or My Extra Special, in fact they were about the same weight.

A picture here : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/19/1430915769-20150506-140658-1.jpg

The blade alone felt like it was 100+gr, and you will have hard time finding an emerald VPS V of 93-94gramms like the one I had, most of them are heavier (bought mine at ttex.se, they had 6 emerald VPS V ST/Master/Legend and 4 of them where 100gr or more, one was 98gr and the lighter one was 93-94gr, the one i bought.

The OP is looking for something lighter, really he should avoid the emerald VPS V.

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
There are lighter blades. But was that a key point of original question ?

I didn't take the pictures - but weighed on similar type of scales - one is around 91-92g and the other I had was 93-4g. Balance felt good to me - but to be honest the rubber weight is a vital to the final answer on how it feels.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Those photos come from a different thread. All Stiga handles are hollow. Most Stiga blades are heavy. All are head heavy.

Infinity is one of the Stiga blades that is on the lighter side. But because it is light and the handle is hollow, it is more head heavy than most of them. Then add that to the delamination issue and it is not a blade that I would invest in.

Sent from my SpyPhone using BladeTalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@Carl : I read elsewhere that you had an OSP V King as well. How would you compare the V King to the Virtuoso+? I'm asking because I use OX Long Pimples on one side and the harder Koto outer plies of the V King appeal to me for the LP's but just how much spin and throw will I lose vs the Virtuoso +?

The V'King is really good. In some ways better than the Virtuoso+, but I just love the feel of Limba. The V+ does have a bit more dwell time. Both blades have a lot of feedback and good feel without the unwanted vibrations. The V'King is lighter and faster. Mine took about a week to break in. It started out feeling too hard and then it broke in and started having that characteristic koto crispness and snap. The V+ has more of a low pitched crunch. Less pop. And the V+ is heavier. I asked for 89-90 grams (really, I asked for as heavy as it could be and they made it a bit over 90 grams). For me the V+ is the perfect blade. But it is more that I am addicted to the feel of Limba than anything else. The V+ has Limba-Limba-Ayous-Limba-Limba. And having two nice thin plies of Limba next to each other gives such a good feeling.

But go for the pop of the Koto V'King. And with the right touch I was able to get a lot of spin with power.

Another thing I like about OSP's blades, they have the best handles of any company. The flare is almost the exact same size and shape as the Stiga Master Flare but the OSP wood is better and the handle is not hollow so the blades don't end up so head heavy.

Definitely the nicest flare handles I have felt on all 4 of my OSP blades.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thx Carl. I'm eyeing that square straight handle of theirs :)

I have never liked straight handles but, for twiddling I think that makes sense. And my guess is, if their flare handle is the best flare handle, I would bet their straight handle would be at the top of the list for straight handles as well.

As I have played with each OSP racket, the handle starts out a tiny bit rough like it has been sanded, and then from play, they become very smooth but not slippery; like it has been sanded to perfection by your hand.

So it is the wood and the attention to detailed perfection that makes the handle feel so good in your hand.

Also, it has all wood tones; no dyed or colored wood. So it has an old fashioned wood look that has really grown on me. At first I thought I missed those other colors and now I am totally happy that it has that natural wood look and no colors that grow dull with sweat and age.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
c84d30cceedd4ad8ba0ca5cf4c85d683.jpg

New Emerald arrived today 90g