Who will win the Morocco Open Mens Singles title?

• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Jean Michel Saive

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Kamel Achanta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlos Machado

• Emmanuel Lebesson

• El-Sayed Lashin

• Salifou Abdel-Kader

• Saleh Ahmed Ali

• Yanick Vostes

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
But, sadly, in spite of the last game being 18-16, it was not much of a match: 4-0: 11-8, 11-8, 11-3, 18-16. I was sort of hoping Samsonov would drop the 4th game. It did not look like he really was having any trouble with Saive. Worth having respect for Saive though he has done it for a long time. But Samsonov was too much for him.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I would expect Saive to give a bit more resistance, and probably even winning it. But all credit should be given to Saive too. Reaching the final was not as plain sailing as people might think, especially at his age. Saive is a heck of an example to other fellow professionals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Wow!
Even if Samsonov won 4-0, it was a great match. I mean J.M. Saive played very good rallies and also exhausting rallies!
It's good to see that Saive keeps playing and having fun even if people think that he should retire at his age. Why? If you still can have fun in table tennis and reach some finals? :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I would say the game is some what close, especially for the first two game. However, Saive was getting distracted after he is not allowed to change his cloth at the beginning of the 3rd game. This does cost him for that lost in 11-3. But you can see that he is able to make himself come back, it just that Samsonov has way too stronger mentality than him.