Looking for a tt venue to play for fun in Beijing in Jan 2016

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hi there,

I am going to Beijing for about 10 days between Jan 8th-18th, wondering if any chinese TTD user, maybe someone who is knowledgeable about Beijing can give me a few pointers to a tt venue (or club) in Beijing where you can rock up and play someone without a partner. I just want to have fun and not worried about the level.

I am planning to stay somewhere close to Chong Wenmen metro station which is close to the city, close to major tourist places like Dong Dan, Wang Fujing I believe. I have looked up some chinese sites but it's a bit hard to know which tt club is still open as these clubs open up and close quite quickly sometimes.

I am a native chinese speaker so feel free to send me links or info in chinese as well, thanks for your help and Happy New Year Everyone!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
The China trials for WTTC will be held at the National Table Tennis Team Stadium in 5th-9th Jan. 2016.

Reactions: MegaZZ
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hi there, the national table tennis stadium is the one in the centre of Beijing right? In chinese Pinyin it's "zhong guo ping yu xun lian zhong xin" and it's located near the Temple of Heaven in Beijing right? I think Dan visited this place during his Stiga china tour last year, it's the place where the chinese pro players live right? I am going to visit the Chinese chess centre which I believe is actually right next door to this place. I am thinking if I can get a connection somehow to visit next door :)

Can you tell me where you saw the news item for this, is there a link in chinese?

Last edited: