Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

This user has no status.
Hi, this is Simeone from Italy, currently living in London UK.

I started playing a bit seriously at the age of 10 and stopping at 15. Now i'm 40 and the passion exploded again after seeing some matches online and at the Olympic Games. Thanks to the slow-motion capture technology of replays it is so nice to see how players perform hits/spins/chops/blocks and get a feeling of their immense technique.

Im currently not playing for any club, i plan to join one soon, there are plenty here in London although i think i need to scratch off some dust and rust coming from 25 years of inactivity first.

No great achievements so far to be mentioned, some participations in minor local tournaments when i was 12-13.

I am indeed extremely interested in the technology behind this sport, so i might join you guys in certain discussions. Happy to be in what seems the biggest and most populated table tennis forum :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi, this is Simeone from Italy, currently living in London UK.

I started playing a bit seriously at the age of 10 and stopping at 15. Now i'm 40 and the passion exploded again after seeing some matches online and at the Olympic Games. Thanks to the slow-motion capture technology of replays it is so nice to see how players perform hits/spins/chops/blocks and get a feeling of their immense technique.

Im currently not playing for any club, i plan to join one soon, there are plenty here in London although i think i need to scratch off some dust and rust coming from 25 years of inactivity first.

No great achievements so far to be mentioned, some participations in minor local tournaments when i was 12-13.

I am indeed extremely interested in the technology behind this sport, so i might join you guys in certain discussions. Happy to be in what seems the biggest and most populated table tennis forum :)

Welcome to the forum, Simeone!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Hi everyone, my name is Carmen and I am from Indiana, USA. I have played tt for about 8 years now and I really enjoy the sport. I play defensive Chinese penhold style. I am so glad that I was able to find such a great forum with so many tt enthusiasts.

Reactions: Boogar and dirtyD
This user has no status.
Hello,
My name is Johan, I'm from Indonesia. I have played table tennis since I'm 11 years old, 16 years now, but not regularly because of my study and now I'm quite busy with my work. I'm a flared handle player. Thats all for my introduction, looking for gaining more knowledge about table tennis here. Thank you :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boogar and BeGo
Hi, Im Qusyairi from Malaysia.
Getting serious in table tennis when I was studying at Southampton,UK, where I competed in BUCS.
Just graduated last July, so now I'm back in Malaysia.

Any Malaysian here?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boogar and Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Reactions: urbanzakapa
Urban Z, I charge you to find our long lost friend Azlan... man we miss him.
Azlan? I'll try. Do you have any additional details about him? Like his last contact on TTD. Because, once when I told the people in my club that I am in TTD, they said that there is one Malay guy who is active in TTD as well. Probably him.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hello!

My name is Danilo and I'm 28 years old. I'm from Brazil!

I started playing about 2 years ago in a club named Kenzen, only once a week. But in the last 6 months I have started practicing twice/week (ok, that's still not much haha). Sadly I can't practice more times due to time/money issues. Even so, I want to improve my game as much as possible.

I haven't any achievements yet, as I don't compete. I don't have plans yet to play competitively (in amateur leagues, of course), for now what I most want is to get better to be able to enjoy more the matches, to be able to play with powerful and beautiful strokes away from the table (and not push rallies which is what happens most of times at my level haha). Recently I have been trying to flip all short backspin serves to avoid starting a push rally. I miss most of the times, but at least the games turns to be more fun when I hit correctly.

I really like the comments of the experience people of this forum. I hope to learn a lot here.

Edit: some infos about me and my setup:

- I'm left handed
- grip: shakehand
- Blade: DHS PG7
- FH rubber: Rasant Beat (I saw Dan's review, and it really helped me to chosse this rubber. I wanted more speed than my previous (Mark V) but whithout lose much control to help me develop correctly my strokes)
- BH rubber: FX-P (I have more confidence in my BH than my FH. Even so I have chosen another soft rubber, because I was afraid of the racket being incontrolable with MX-P and even EL-P)

PS: I don't know if there are many gramar errors in my post. Please feel free to point out if I made any big mistake. My english is not very good despite the fact that I studied it for some years.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hey, I am Falk. I am playing table tennis for 15 years, I think and I really love to play it. I am playing for Tus Hinte, not the most famous team of the world, but the club members are lovely, thats why I like to play there.
My biggest achievement was some weeks ago when I bacame town champion of Emden (Hinte is apart of Emden, which is a little town). I hope to find nice people for communicating and this page inform me as well as it already do for a lot of months :)

Hello!

My name is Danilo and I'm 28 years old. I'm from Brazil!

I started playing about 2 years ago in a club named Kenzen, only once a week. But in the last 6 months I have started practicing twice/week (ok, that's still not much haha). Sadly I can't practice more times due to time/money issues. Even so, I want to improve my game as much as possible.

I haven't any achievements yet, as I don't compete. I don't have plans yet to play competitively (in amateur leagues, of course), for now what I most want is to get better to be able to enjoy more the matches, to be able to play with powerful and beautiful strokes away from the table (and not push rallies which is what happens most of times at my level haha). Recently I have been trying to flip all short backspin serves to avoid starting a push rally. I miss most of the times, but at least the games turns to be more fun when I hit correctly.

I really like the comments of the experience people of this forum. I hope to learn a lot here.

Edit: some infos about me and my setup:

- I'm left handed
- grip: shakehand
- Blade: DHS PG7
- FH rubber: Rasant Beat (I saw Dan's review, and it really helped me to chosse this rubber. I wanted more speed than my previous (Mark V) but whithout lose much control to help me develop correctly my strokes)
- BH rubber: FX-P (I have more confidence in my BH than my FH. Even so I have chosen another soft rubber, because I was afraid of the racket being incontrolable with MX-P and even EL-P)

PS: I don't know if there are many gramar errors in my post. Please feel free to point out if I made any big mistake. My english is not very good despite the fact that I studied it for some years.

Hey shinshiro! Welcome bro! nice to see some other brazilian friends around... where are you from?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hey shinshiro! Welcome bro! nice to see some other brazilian friends around... where are you from?!

Hello Lucas =]

I'm from São Paulo - capital. I was going to ask you the same, but I saw now that this info is below your picture haha
It's nice (and very uncommom) to see another brazilian in a table tennis forums hehe, nice to meet you!

Last edited:
Hello Lucas =]

I'm from São Paulo - capital. I was going to ask you the same, but I saw now that this info is below your picture haha
It's nice (and very uncommom) to see another brazilian in a table tennis forums hehe, nice to meet you!

Haha, nice to meet you too buddy!

I agree that it's pretty uncommom, but I've found some other few BR's around. Unfortunately I don't have a club nearby home where I could play, so I "train" with my brother in a public square near home that has a table... We even paint it and care when we can haha (I made a post in facebook once about this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...02486583564.2016.www_timeline.&type=3&theater )

Hope to always see you around! Cheers!

Reactions: BeGo and shinshiro