1st Generation black tag Timo Boll Spirit

This user has no status.
Hi people,

1st Generation black tag Timo Boll Spirit, with the nice fishscale veneer (shown in last pic.) Now I have had a few offers for this blade and I am quite gobsmacked at the prices being thrown about. I have owned a TBS in the past but a new one and believe me when I say this plays way better. I am looking for opinions on this , if you have used one, got one or perhaps want to buy this one. As nice as it is it all leads back to the wood v carbon thread going at the moment. I just can't come away from my Timo Boll W5, or I can but I soon come back to it. I have tried lots; and I mean lots, of blades in the last 2 seasons and this is the best carbon blade I have owned for feeling and control. However, I like wood ultimately and that is where I am gonna stay for now.
20160226_113837.jpg
20160226_113853.jpg20160226_113907.jpg20160226_113922.jpg
20160226_113718.jpg

This user has no status.
Think the lack of serial number has something to do with it too and the veneer, plus the F and L are further spaced apart or closer together. I could be wrong but I trust the source as he bought back whenever it was and had it from new. Also I have a H serial number spirit, the first to be released after the black tag, also very nice. Only wish I could use it. Missus won't let me hang them on the wall either haha. It plays so different to tbs today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Think the lack of serial number has something to do with it too and the veneer, plus the F and L are further spaced apart or closer together. I could be wrong but I trust the source as he bought back whenever it was and had it from new. Also I have a H serial number spirit, the first to be released after the black tag, also very nice. Only wish I could use it. Missus won't let me hang them on the wall either haha. It plays so different to tbs today.

serial number is in 3rd gen. the spacing of f and l is only a viscaria rule i believe.

Regardless, the blade is amazing and will fetch quite a pretty penny. If you don't need money you should frame it or something.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Yes I would like to Buy

Please contact me [email protected], I am in the bristol area... can purchase today Thanks Mike

Hi people,

1st Generation black tag Timo Boll Spirit, with the nice fishscale veneer (shown in last pic.) Now I have had a few offers for this blade and I am quite gobsmacked at the prices being thrown about. I have owned a TBS in the past but a new one and believe me when I say this plays way better. I am looking for opinions on this , if you have used one, got one or perhaps want to buy this one. As nice as it is it all leads back to the wood v carbon thread going at the moment. I just can't come away from my Timo Boll W5, or I can but I soon come back to it. I have tried lots; and I mean lots, of blades in the last 2 seasons and this is the best carbon blade I have owned for feeling and control. However, I like wood ultimately and that is where I am gonna stay for now.View attachment 9422View attachment 9423View attachment 9424View attachment 9425View attachment 9426