Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Just got some balls for my new robot. The box does say they are 40+ at the right lower corner, but on the balls itself it doesn't. Do you guys know if they are 40+?

Cheers
XuShaoFa.jpg

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just got some balls for my new robot. The box does say they are 40+ at the right lower corner, but on the balls itself it doesn't. Do you guys know if they are 40+?

Cheers
View attachment 18857

1 star seamless balls are not round and are a waste of money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Nice to play with the US Open Champion...

what kind of event was that ?

It was a large snake seed - 160 players, 32 groups of 5 in the 1st round robin. All 1st placed players play in an event , the second round robin, All 2nd placed players in another event etc. I won the 32nd group and got seeded as the weakest player in the draw in the group with the strongest player in the event for all 1st placed players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
You played seriously against him. Didn't you want to show off your little tricks and try to score some funny points ?

and you're not talking during the match...
Hahaha... I really did not want to waste his time. I lost to a guy who talked a lot in between points earlier in the day and I don't wish that on anyone. I really should have stayed in group B lol rather than going into group A.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
My experiment with LP is progressing quite nicely. I didn't loose a single match during tonights top table during our club training. It's not pretty but I seem to win quite easily against quite a lot of loopers. One simple side swipe, let them loop (they often miss) and then chop (which is usually followed by a miss). I beat one of our better veterans (two winged looper who is 1600 Swedish TTA) quite easily... I normally get 3-4 points per set with inverted.

Wednesday is problematic as I have to play in the veteran league against the top team in the league. All three of their players use SP on BH and are quite good (1600-1800 Swedish TTA ranking... I guess quite similar to Lula's current level... division 2). Unsure what to expect. I suspect that I will get slaughtered as they're 50-70 years old and have probably played a lot against LP.

("have to play" = we wouldn't have had a full team unless I stepped in... would've preferred to stay at home).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
1 star seamless balls are not round and are a waste of money.

I suspect that they're celluloid balls (40 not 40+). I got a pack of 40+ XSF 1* balls and the box looked very different as well as the print on the ball which had 40+ in it. All 6 balls in my pack were eggs (I only paid 1€ for them so I won't complain).

Edit: Sorry. Responded to the wrong post.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
All 6 balls in my pack were eggs (I only paid 1€ for them so I won't complain).

Not to make too much of a point of it, but things lacking quality have no value. For junk, any price is too high.

Saying this to myself too; being human, I'm quite open to the "bargain!" fallacy and have made that mistake often. Last time I got burned was when buying a gross of the DHS D40+; not making that mistake again... Nowadays, if something looks suspiciously cheap, I usuallly avoid it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Not to make too much of a point of it, but things lacking quality have no value. For junk, any price is too high.

Saying this to myself too; being human, I'm quite open to the "bargain!" fallacy and have made that mistake often. Last time I got burned was when buying a gross of the DHS D40+; not making that mistake again... Nowadays, if something looks suspiciously cheap, I usuallly avoid it.

I agree and make this mistake quite often. It was not a total waste as they’re fine for multi ball purposes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I'm satisfied with the D40+, still haven't run into a bad batch. It may come seeing as I have 10 unopened boxes :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In my experience the D40+ and other ABS seamed balls have been great as far as consistency of the play if 3*. The seamless have more variation with some brands good and some brands not so much. But 1 star seamless are just not round and/or balanced. If they land on the wrong point, they wobble away and when you pay with spin like I do, they suck for rallying and only work for multiball if even that.

Even the Xiom ball they used at the Cary Cup sucked (seamless ball). I wasn't ready for that crap but thank God Joola is taking over the US market. The Prime ball is good enough and if it becomes the US standard, I will sleep okay at night.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Joola Prime is a D40+ completely void of rebound or QC.

Still, it is a ton better than the seamless generation of balls.

Prime plays hollow light and gets shiny quick.

Again, it is infinat ed l better than th heir previous offerings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Was a crazy weekend. Can't capture it in words. But let me start with the highlight and then we can go from there later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMQcjRVvUU

FIXED.

Wohoo :D You got him a few times !

Still its crazy how easy and relaxed his strokes look :) keep in mind even against top tier player he does not move that much.

Well played NL, a bit much serve errors tho :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Was a crazy weekend. Can't capture it in words. But let me start with the highlight and then we can go from there later.

FIXED.

Great. You surprised him at times.

I think it's quite normal to get a little nervous playing against very good players, at least for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have been a coach with our new chinese coach a couple of times now. It seems like he focus more on how they move and less on how they do the stroke. I am more towards to the opposite, fix the stroke first then learn to move. But maybe the chinese coaches think the footwork is much more important. Do not know what is best. What do you think? I think we in europe do not know so much about footwork so it is harder for us to focus on it.

I am also a fan of shadowtraining, and it seems like he likes it to since he does that alot, with much focus on the footwork.