Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There is something with the weight distribution ( I know people say there is no difference between this and TB ALC ) but I have felt different may be because my partner has a blade in a different weight class, not sure ... something about Viscaria makes it just the right blade for a very stable backhand .. may be its just in my head but nevertheless thats what I feel

I actually wanted a Viscaria and might have to end up getting one because I think the TB ALC is a bit too fat in the handle. I just saw a good deal for the TB ALC and thought I could handle it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Of course you can handle it , that is if you want a straight handle .. but if I were you I would give both a shot by borrowing from someone ... if its going to be your main blade eventually .. .
I actually wanted a Viscaria and might have to end up getting one because I think the TB ALC is a bit too fat in the handle. I just saw a good deal for the TB ALC and thought I could handle it.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Of course you can handle it , that is if you want a straight handle .. but if I were you I would give both a shot by borrowing from someone ... if its going to be your main blade eventually .. .

With my arthritis, it is not that simple. Even more than ever, I play my forehand with my arm. So I need to sure that what I put into it isn't placing too much stress on my grip. That is why the handle is really important. I did try some Viscarias and thought the blades were similar enough (I have TB T5000 and the handle felt okay when I tested it), but playing with it for three days, I have more work to do and will see how it plays out. I think if the Viscaria handle is clearly flatter which I think is the case, it is what I really need. And I am using a flare.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Had real terrible results in league, couldn't read a ball or avoid a net/out on attacks to save my life. Fortunately, the doubles match performance is there like always, even if I make more errors than a few months ago.

I am gunna try out a little softer sponge on FH to get my first ball consistency up. Once I like whatever new level of consistency I might get, I will move on from there.

I could argue I have a hard hitting FH for certain FH shot situations (like say a counter fast loop or a crush kill from the return on my dead serve... but I am not as consistent on my heavy opening loop with a medium sponge as I am with medium soft.

For near term, the goal will be to increase consistency. Later, work on consistency with a 60% opener so I can use the medium sponged rubbers that more benefit some of my other FH shots.

Right now, I feel I need to aim for consistency before the other aspects.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
So for a long time, I used to get perplexed at how people used to get heavy spin on serves whole using racke angles that I thought were really bad and not brushing that much at all. Then during some practice today it struck me. You can hit into the ball while serving in a way that the ball goes deep into the rubber and the wood and gets lots of spin. Also you get good speed as well. This is probably the serve that I struggle the most to read. But at least knowing how to do it opens up the possibility of my finally figuring out how to read it and return it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
With my arthritis, it is not that simple. Even more than ever, I play my forehand with my arm. So I need to sure that what I put into it isn't placing too much stress on my grip. That is why the handle is really important. I did try some Viscarias and thought the blades were similar enough (I have TB T5000 and the handle felt okay when I tested it), but playing with it for three days, I have more work to do and will see how it plays out. I think if the Viscaria handle is clearly flatter which I think is the case, it is what I really need. And I am using a flare.

Probably irrelevant as you’re already going for the TB ALC but Butterfly released their 2019 catalogue today and the Viscaria is now available as ST for the normal price. Should make a lot of people happy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Probably irrelevant as you’re already going for the TB ALC but Butterfly released their 2019 catalogue today and the Viscaria is now available as ST for the normal price. Should make a lot of people happy.

I heard that and the handle type is not as important as the circumference close to the neck where I adjust my fingers. I can play with straight and flare because I am close to the blade face and high on the handle with my grip. If the circumference is too wide then my fingers have to compensate with a tighter grip and that stresses my arm movements. It is why the Nexy blades are perfect for me, if they could put Nexy handles on butterfly blades then I have my perfect combination.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Next level, i Do not find the alc so fast and i also find the arc somewhat high. I think you could get a faster blade that is more direct with a lower arc. I think you Will win more points from blocking then. But Maybe the arc is to low and unsafe when you want to hit Yourself.

If i stand wrong when blocking i find it Easier to Do a chopblock since i get the ball next to my body. Maybe you can work on this, it would also be good to know to make their rhytme bad.

And Maybe if you Do not find it boring and if not your backhand is not the shot you kill balls with. Maybe you can try a short pimple without grip or medium pimples. It Will proably be harder to block with in the beginning and not so good to hit with if you have problem moving But they have a nice disturbance and is great for moving the opponent back and forth. I saw a player playing like this this weekend. He Did not Do much, just won from the effect and alot because the ball become so short when he blocked.

Det echte, softer sponge Will be better for looping st backspin But it Will be much harder to kill the ball. But you proably already know that. Maybe you can try to brush the ball more and have a somewhat higher arc aswell. Perhaps you also need to read the spin more if you miss alot

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I have a gym question guys. When I do interval training on a threadmill, which speeds should I use? 8-12? 7-11? Something like that?

Sent from my using Tapatalk

That depends on your fitness level. The pace should be dictated by the heart rate that you want to achieve. It also depends if you do short (1 min or less) or long intervals.

Edit: Short intervals are to be performed at a higher effort. I suggest that you read up on heart based training if you want to start out with interval training. Finding out what your maximum heart rate is will be your starting point (and no - you can't use a formula which involves your age to do this).

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The behavior of MY shot will be different using the same rubber with a different sponge.

Heavy slow loop vs underspin on full stroke...

Softer sponge - Heaviest spin, high arc, ball lands highest percentage.

Medium sponge - Ball goes out faster, lands further, good spin, but sometimes out by a cm or two

Power drive vs dead ball from my dead serve

Softer sponge - ball lands, enough pace

Medium sponge - ball lands, shot is more destructive

Counterloop vs incoming medium loop

Softer sponge - Easy to control incoming topspin, high percentage landing rate, OK pace, high spin

Medium sponge - can overpower the spin, get significantly more speed with high spin high landing rate

Reloop off the bounce...

Softer sponge - easy to use soft or med light grip to control ball and do a good spin medium pace

Medium sponge - easy to allow ball to come up a few cm more and swing through it to make a fast loop loaded with spin.

Serves are same, long pushes same, short receive good with both, little easier with medium sponge.

Blocking good with both, off the bounce touch a little easier with softer sponge.

Based from that I could...

...for strategic purposes, go with medium and just work at adjusting and growing touch and consistency while sacrificing match results.

...for current growth and results, go with a softer fh rubber... build higher consistency, then later train with the firmer version of same rubber. Rationale is that later, I would be in a better position later to adjust to the firmer rubber.

I have decided consistency in my number 1 offensive shot is more important (slow heavy spin opener vs underspin) than my other offensive shots (drive vs dead and counterloop) where I feel consistency on those shots is more important than raw power.

On BH, I know that I have the different kinds of impact to use a medium sponge with higher consistency.

We frequently give thought to what is important and make the right decision... sometimes there are several right decisions.

I am deciding to use a softer sponge rubber on FH until my consistency and impact improve to the point where I believe I can make better use of the pros of medium sponge with enough consistency to warrant that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
That sounds good i think. I also think you migth overthink this. If you are not safe enough or are still developing you technique i think you should have a softer sponge rubber. But i also think you could try the harder sponge rubber ans try to have a more open angle, accelerate more and Maybe Do the motion upward for a higher arc. This way the opening loop against backspin would be safer. But it would also be much easier with a softer rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
More and more people have been recommending that I put pimples of some kind on one side. I can't do with backhand because my backhand loop is my best shot but maybe I should just put it on the racket and let the twiddling do the rest as maybe I can use it on backhand and twiddle to loop sometimes. Just will require lots of training though. May also help a bit with serve return.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
More and more people have been recommending that I put pimples of some kind on one side. I can't do with backhand because my backhand loop is my best shot but maybe I should just put it on the racket and let the twiddling do the rest as maybe I can use it on backhand and twiddle to loop sometimes. Just will require lots of training though. May also help a bit with serve return.

You could try spinny SP on FH to see if it works for you. If you have a nice BH, plus you'll change to TB ALC, I think you could make a nice setup!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
And I am planning to put tenergy hard on my backhand !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
And I am planning to put tenergy hard on my backhand !!!

I have played with Big Dipper and Omega V Asia on both sides so I could definitely play T05H on both sides if the weight didn't kill me. More realistically though, that is a lot of money for me to spend on just two rubbers. And fastarc G1 still exists.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What kind of pimples Do you want to try? Long pimple as a pushblocker would be effective if you have some feeling. I have sen some indian Guy be really good with anti also.
Short pimple on the forehand i think Will be difficult if you have injuries that stop you from moving. But if you try Maybe you can try a oimple rubber with less grip so you can move the opponent back and forth alot But is proably more safe with short pimple with grip.

I think you could try things and se how it works out. But remember it needs to be fun also!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What kind of pimples Do you want to try? Long pimple as a pushblocker would be effective if you have some feeling. I have sen some indian Guy be really good with anti also.
Short pimple on the forehand i think Will be difficult if you have injuries that stop you from moving. But if you try Maybe you can try a oimple rubber with less grip so you can move the opponent back and forth alot But is proably more safe with short pimple with grip.

I think you could try things and se how it works out. But remember it needs to be fun also!

If I want to try Short pips, then most likely Nittaku Moristo.
If Medium/long probably something from Dawei,

But it means lots of practice and that is the thing I want to minimize. But I think that I will have to twiddle a lot on both sides because I will want to mostly play inverted strokes. But the hardest part is convincing myself to do it.