Working on my FH Side Spin Loop Video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi guys, This video is from my last week practice. Since, they call me 'Jugaadu', I transitioned from floor to Wall hitting to innovate :D. Unlike, my BH sidespin loop, this remains really high. I would like to know how to keep them short without compromising the sidespin and topspin in the ball. My focus again was to avoid upper arm extension as much as possible.

says what [IMG]
You're probably not gonna want to keep these short: you probably mean low.

Have a friend feed a ball to you. It's easier that way, I've found. The way I practiced is getting a sidespin loop fed to me from crosscourt, and counterlooping it wider. It's easier if your partner is consistent so you only really have to worry about contact and not so much the reading of spin.

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi guys, This video is from my last week practice. Since, they call me 'Jugaadu', I transitioned from floor to Wall hitting to innovate :D. Unlike, my BH sidespin loop, this remains really high. I would like to know how to keep them short without compromising the sidespin and topspin in the ball. My focus again was to avoid upper arm extension as much as possible.

Just compare the strokes you use for both results and you will figure it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Unlike, my BH sidespin loop, this remains really high.

Because you hit it upwards. I'm not an expert on this stroke, but IMHO the true way is to start with your normal loop, then drop the wrist down a little bit, and go forward as usual. This way you will get almost the same shot but with a little bit of side kick, which is usually enough to drive your opponent wide or draw an error by throwing off his timing.

lyh

This user has no status.

lyh

This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Read 3 reviews
Maybe you can try different techniques and see the results, I suggest trying:
-try to close your blade more (it works well for penhold, which closes the bat more)
-hit forward more
-use thin brushing so the ball does not bounce off your racket
Or you can try and improve your touch. Actually practising this shot will help improving your touch.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
You're probably not gonna want to keep these short: you probably mean low.

Have a friend feed a ball to you. It's easier that way, I've found. The way I practiced is getting a sidespin loop fed to me from crosscourt, and counterlooping it wider. It's easier if your partner is consistent so you only really have to worry about contact and not so much the reading of spin.

I ll try next time. couldnt play this week though :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Because you hit it upwards. I'm not an expert on this stroke, but IMHO the true way is to start with your normal loop, then drop the wrist down a little bit, and go forward as usual. This way you will get almost the same shot but with a little bit of side kick, which is usually enough to drive your opponent wide or draw an error by throwing off his timing.

Yeah, I kind of get that. But, in this video I was going for the hooked one. I was inspired by a youtube video called power of side spin loop, where some guys do a Ronaldinho free kick. By that I mean starting from the center of table the ball travels sideways outside of the net and comes back into opponents centre. But it failed miserably lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Maybe you can try different techniques and see the results, I suggest trying:
-try to close your blade more (it works well for penhold, which closes the bat more)
-hit forward more
-use thin brushing so the ball does not bounce off your racket
Or you can try and improve your touch. Actually practising this shot will help improving your touch.

Nice one, I think I am not moving forward in most of my strokes, bad for my loop. Yeah, the main idea behind these sensless practice sessions are mostly to built some aspects of the game. Here, it is touch as you rightly pointed out. Will try changing racket angle instead of the current one and will update in this thread how it goes.