New era with DHS D40+ 3 Star Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
The next ittf India Open will probably start using the new DHS D40+ 3 Star balls after all the dreadful plastic ball breaking during matches. It is about time. :rolleyes:

The new D40+ is available from taobao for the same price of 30 RMB for a box of six as old 40+.

It is the long Chinese New Year holiday right now so orders will not process till early Feb. I like their D40+ 1 Star a lot so my hope on their 3 Star is high. Hope DHS has done it right this time. After all they are the official ball supplier till 2020 and I bet no one really wants to see their 40+ anymore in the next 4 years. :cool:

box.jpgbox2.jpg

https://world.tmall.com/item/544570039298.htm#detail?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Long delayed. Hope they are real.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
how are they better than the regular 40+
Iam using the Nitakku 40+ 3 star and they are very good , we actually able to play with the same ball for months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
how are they better than the regular 40+
Iam using the Nitakku 40+ 3 star and they are very good , we actually able to play with the same ball for months.

40+ is not = 40+. The Nittaku ones are known to be the best since their release, but other manufacturers struggle to produce a good and consistent ball. The dhs balls were used in a lot of competitions lately even though pros were angry about poor quality.

At the grand finals FZD was hitting a ball with the edge and it literally exploded into two pieces, stuff like that.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Actually the seamless balls have been generally OK. Certainly far better than DHS. Decent to play with and durable. I prefer Nittaku, but most of all would like a single standard.

These new DHS balls are suppossed to be made of the same material as the good Nittaku 40+. I hope they also use the same method for attaching the seam.

We will see.

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Baal,

Agreed. Our club uses a seamless ball which is really nice but the neighboring town uses the Nittaku ball which from what I've seen is well reviewed but seamed & most of all super pricey. Our club at this stage simply cannot afford that ball.

Hoping the DHS ball is good as well.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Actually the seamless balls have been generally OK. Certainly far better than DHS. Decent to play with and durable. I prefer Nittaku, but most of all would like a single standard.

These new DHS balls are suppossed to be made of the same material as the good Nittaku 40+. I hope they also use the same method for attaching the seam.

We will see.

Looks like DHS want a ball as good as and similar to Nittaku 40+. Looking forward to trying these out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
CNT had already start using the new ball, which they also called ABS, in January 2017 for their internal competitions and trials. FZD said that getting used to it fast is his first priority.

LGL talks about it last week after the Trials to WTTC.

"We have tested the new ball for a while. The difference is quite significant, mainly with less spin and more speed. It is better for game play and rallies. From these matches we see lots of strong top spin counters. Especially on the strong BH exchange and balance between BH and FH. It gives more advantage to fierce attacking style players like FZD, LJK and Xu Chenhao. On the other hand players that depends on control and soft touch will suffer.

Now players may feel the change and difference in spin is big. But I believe when giving enough time, especially after WTTC, they will find the feeling of the new ball. After increasing the power, the spin will come back. The playing standard should return to normal. It may cause some shaking in the beginning, but all will go back as usual and the new ball won't change the scene of TT. " said LGL.

I have ordered some from taobao and they are now sitting with my buying agent. I see not many shops has it at the moment but believe China should have enough production power to meet the huge initial demand. Hope it is not like the case of Nittaku Premium which suffers a few months of shortage. The best thing is that DHS claimed to have significantly lower the failure rate in production so they can pass the saving to the customers. Will see how well it goes.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I received my 1* version of the new D40+ ball from DHS today. Another fast delivery from TT11!!! A few things I can report already, all good.

1. If you hold it up to the light and look at the seam, and compare, it is identical to that of a Nittaku Premium. Some may remember that that feature was one of the innovative things about the Nittaku Premium.

2. It has an identical bounce height to a Nittaku Premium. This is very different from all previous Chinese seamed 40+ balls, which consistently bounced lower.

3. The color (how white it is) and the external surface texture are pretty much identical to Nittaku Premium.

I haven't played with it yet, but already I am very optimistic. In fact, on the basis of the bounce height alone, I would say that they are better than the previous seamed Chinese 40+ balls, even the so-called *** ones. (Without question I can say that these are the bast 1* balls I have ever seen).

Add to that what LGL said about the *** version being the roundest balls yet, and maybe the ball situation is about to get better, at least once everybody starts putting their own label on this ball.

If it's like it was with Nittaku, it may take DHS awhile to get the production fully ramped up, and hopefully they continue to maintain high QC (in general not a DHS strong point). The *** versions are likely to be scarce for awhile.

But things may be looking up.

Last edited:
Reactions: yuri.saldon
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I received my 1* version of the new D40+ ball from DHS today. Another fast delivery from TT11!!! A few things I can report already, all good.

1. If you hold it up to the light and look at the seam, and compare, it is identical to that of a Nittaku Premium. Some may remember that that feature was one of the innovative things about the Nittaku Premium.

2. It has an identical bounce height to a Nittaku Premium. This is very different from all previous Chinese seamed 40+ balls, which consistently bounced lower.

3. The color (how white it is) and the external surface texture are pretty much identical to Nittaku Premium.

I haven't played with it yet, but already I am very optimistic. In fact, on the basis of the bounce height alone, I would say that they are better than the previous seamed Chinese 40+ balls, even the so-called *** ones. (Without question I can say that these are the bast 1* balls I have ever seen).

Add to that what LGL said about the *** version being the roundest balls yet, and maybe the ball situation is about to get better, at least once everybody starts putting their own label on this ball.

If it's like it was with Nittaku, it may take DHS awhile to get the production fully ramped up, and hopefully they continue to maintain high QC (in general not a DHS strong point). The *** versions are likely to be scarce for awhile.

I'm very optimistic with that ball.

And what about the roundness of the balls?

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I checked a couple, not perfectly round, less round than the Nittaku Premium I compared them to, but they are 1* balls, no big deal. If they were perfect I suppose they would be ***.

Do you know anything about the 2 star D40s TT11 is selling? How are they compared to the 1 star etc.?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I found it strange that the D40+ 2 stars are always out of stock from TT11 and no taobao store has it. But since the D40+ 3 stars are widely available from China and way cheaper than before so there really is no need to buy anything less. Too bad my order is still stuck with my buying agent because of the long delay of GA5. Nothing I can do now but wait. :(

CNT has already been using the new ball in their internal competitions from January, and Ittf has scheduled to first use it in the upcoming Korean Open in April.
D40+ used in 2017.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
20170227_130522.jpg

My 3 star balls arrived few days ago. I have only been using seamless balls so it is first time for me to try a seam ball. Though I am not sensitive to balls, I can say it bounces slightly higher and spins slightly less than seamless one. Too bad I haven't tried Nittaku balls, so I can't compare this new balls with them. Roundness was good. 4 perfectly round, 2 round enough to play out of 6 balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboZ and Suga D
I found it strange that the D40+ 2 stars are always out of stock from TT11 and no taobao store has it. But since the D40+ 3 stars are widely available from China and way cheaper than before so there really is no need to buy anything less. Too bad my order is still stuck with my buying agent because of the long delay of GA5. Nothing I can do now but wait. :(

CNT has already been using the new ball in their internal competitions from January, and Ittf has scheduled to first use it in the upcoming Korean Open in April.
View attachment 12315

Is that taobao store reliable?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
View attachment 12316

My 3 star balls arrived few days ago. I have only been using seamless balls so it is first time for me to try a seam ball. Though I am not sensitive to balls, I can say it bounces slightly higher and spins slightly less than seamless one. Too bad I haven't tried Nittaku balls, so I can't compare this new balls with them. Roundness was good. 4 perfectly round, 2 round enough to play out of 6 balls.

Sounds pretty positive so far! Any breakages yet?

Hope you don't mind me asking - where did you order this lovely haul from?