Jang Woo-jin using hurricane 3 national blue sponge???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I use xiom zetro quad and xiom vega asia for my backhand
Let me tell u i love the way it helps me play in tough situations
My fh is mxp and mxs i have 2 xiom zetro quads [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhne using Tapatalk

Yep, Xiom is a great product and Xiom's R & D Team (Koreans) are doing very good there.
But what some people are saying is, Zetro Quad is made in China, and most of Xiom (all ESN) are made in Germany, so it is not Korean?
Imo, everything is all business related issues and got nothing to do with patriotism or the nation etc.

Haha putting words in my mouth. Not to worry though, so let me clarify. I did not say that Korea or Koreans, or anyone for that matter, are incapable of making high quality TT rubbers. I said Korea simply doesn't. There is a distinction. No Korean has set foot on the moon so far as i know. Does this mean they are less talented at space engineering or astronauting necessarily? Of course not! They simply haven't tried. And even if they had, and failed, it still doesn't mean they can't be the best. Whilst xiom rubbers are produced primarily in ESN, they are no doubt collaborated on by many individuals from many different backgrounds. We are a in agreement, there is no need for further fighting. TT is all about fun and community, except for edgeballs. Screw those. Not a fan.

Furthermore, citing 'sjw' or other politically charged words is unhelpful. This is not a political issue and the poster was not in the wrong for being offended. They simply misinterpreted a poorly worded statement. I hold no grudges and welcome all discussion. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings, and best of luck on the court!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013

I think I saw Kim Song I use a butterfly blade in the recent Asian Championships. Not sure about the others. As a side note I would find it fascinating if the powers that be decided to join the north and south players again, and stacked the women's team with all their best defenders.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Hi all, I have been watching Asian championships and something catch my attention, is Jang Woo-jin is now using a blade from DHS and looks like a hurricane 3 national blue sponge, someone can confirm this?

He used

Blade : W968
FH : Neo Hurricane 3 National 41 degree (blue sponge)
BH : Tenergy 05

in the tournament.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I did not say that Korea or Koreans, or anyone forthat matter, are incapable of making high quality TT rubbers. I saidKorea simply doesn't. There is a distinction.

And that's precisely what I've been saying. And that's also what I would've explained further, if...

Furthermore, citing 'sjw' or other politically charged words is unhelpful. This is not a political issue and the poster was not in the wrong for being offended.

...I didn't delete my comment, that I wrote in reponse to the first response I received. Even though meaning well, it would've been majorly unfruitful and lead nowhere. Just like this comment of yours, and just like mine now. If somebody starts to unreasonably (see below) politically charge a discussion, it seems a teeny bit odd scolding others that just respond to that, mh? ;)

Yes, nobodys feelings are wrong. It's what you do with them or, if too strong, what they cause you to do. Trying to inhibit others freedom of speech by complaining about such irrelevant things like tone of speech – not turning every single word for possible connotations – while nothing discriminatory has been said (see the first quote in this post: “X can't Y“ or in this case even more vacantly “X don't Y“ – important difference, got misquoted – without the explication of causation, or here: 'reasoning', meaning without a 'because', does not imply anything by itself – it's the readers own willingness to see malevolence, and that's objectively on him or her), just because oneself or somebody else could maybe possibly perhaps somehow get his or her feelings hurt, this, I find absolutely unacceptable. The bigger picture. A good initial reaction imo would've been to ask for clarification about the meaning of said first statement, not making a demand.

Now I ranted again, I lost the fight against my urge to justify myself/be right (something I really have to work on), and by now I most likely look like a major prick again. My feelings made me do it, it wasn't wrong, right? ;) The mature thing is, when realizing that it's no good and leads nowhere, to not put fuel on the fire, to just leave it be. Something, I'm sure, countless readers have undoubtedbly managed way better than me. I will try to do that again now, I promise! If somebody wants to respond to this, it's a really interesting subject, my PMs are open.

Also I wish a great day to everyone who read this, hope it has treated you kindly! :)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Haha putting words in my mouth. Not to worry though, so let me clarify. I did not say that Korea or Koreans, or anyone for that matter, are incapable of making high quality TT rubbers. I said Korea simply doesn't. There is a distinction. No Korean has set foot on the moon so far as i know. Does this mean they are less talented at space engineering or astronauting necessarily? Of course not! They simply haven't tried. And even if they had, and failed, it still doesn't mean they can't be the best. Whilst xiom rubbers are produced primarily in ESN, they are no doubt collaborated on by many individuals from many different backgrounds. We are a in agreement, there is no need for further fighting. TT is all about fun and community, except for edgeballs. Screw those. Not a fan.

"Well i don't think Korea makes any decent rubbers. Xiom is ESN i believe. Makes sense that a professional uses the best."

Read your statement again
If you don't like fighting, then its really silly to stir.
As I said in my previous thread, there is language and cultural differences.
I won't be surprised that other Korean forum members here are upset with your sentence.

In your sentence, I (english speaking) read it as:
1) Korean can't make any decent rubbers (you think)
2) Xiom is ESN (so not Korean - you think)
3) Professional only use the best (so won't use Xiom - you think)

Seriously, Korea is one of the most patriotic countries in the world.
Not want to bring in cultural issues, but its really silly to say something about koreans and how "bad" or "inferior" they products are, or "can't" be use by the "best" because it is not the "best"

Remember, this forum is international.
Some things should just refrain from doing/saying
Unless that was your intention

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Most of the cadets, divion one, and some national players including Jang Woo Jin use Xiom rubbers. I can't really name one since their preferences differ. Woo Jin uses Omega 4 Pro but I can't remember which side.

Yes, lots of Korean juniors are using Xiom and Butterfly

In Japan Xiom Vega Pro is only sold better by Tenergy 05, Tenergy 80 and Tenergy 05FX. Vega Pro sells more than T64 and other brands (its common that Japanese don't use European brands)

In Taiwan for example, most of the Cathay Life girls uses Xiom. I saw for my own eyes when I visited the training centre in Feb. Xiom is cheaper and for 24 players (12 cadet and 12 juniors) to change rubbers every week, is costly if they only use Butterfly

Most of the Cathay Life girls are on the Chinese Taipei senior, junior, cadet team (4 of the 5 going to WTTC for example)

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
He is the first non Chinese player using hurricane 3 blue sponge openly like this what surprise

I know Ovctharov used it for a short period but with side tapes was not so visible like Jang racket.

Do you think dhs will sell hurricane 3 blue sponge in global scale now? Morizono masataka is sponsored by dhs too (at least he is using a blade and apparently one rubber).

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This is not correct.
There are many non CNT players using blue sponge in international level.
Maybe those players are just not "high" profile enough, but there are a good hand full of users, at least just from what I know or what I saw

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews

Our convo on this is over now James. No need of further discussion about this. I now know you didn't try to be offensive and you know why I was not particularly happy with your first sentence. And if I was being 'ridiculously oversensitive' by saying we all should be careful especially when mentioning countrys' names like someone said, I do apologise.

Reactions: NextLevel
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
This is not correct.
There are many non CNT players using blue sponge in international level.
Maybe those players are just not "high" profile enough, but there are a good hand full of users, at least just from what I know or what I saw

You are right. I heard from a top player(he's a friend of mine) told me that DHS sponsorship is eligible for those who are ranked in top 20 in the world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Furthermore, citing 'sjw' or other politically charged words is unhelpful. This is not a political issue and the poster was not in the wrong for being offended. They simply misinterpreted a poorly worded statement. I hold no grudges and welcome all discussion. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings, and best of luck on the court!

So maybe wording it better and promptly apologizing for the potential misinterpretation would have ended this a long time ago?

I get you didn't intend to offend anyone, but at this point, your digging in your heels over this is unnecessary IMO.

"Korea doesn't manufacture TT rubbers as far as I know."
"Korea doesn't manufacture any of the main brand TT rubbers as far as I know."
"Korea doesn't manufacture any decent TT rubbers as far as I know."

The word "decent" could easily be misinterpreted. IT should be straightforward to make this moot but you are not helping issues.

Reactions: BeGo and ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yeah, great this bad wording got sorted out. I believe James meant to say that there aren't many internationally known rubber producing factories located there.
But that's not a shame at all. Before ESN was founded most of the German and other European TT-companies had let their rubbers be produced at Daiki, Fuso or Sunflex. And until this day still some of the companies have rubbers produced there, and that's no shame at all. Nexy also has their Karis produced in Japan and that's also totally fine.
DHS have their new Goldarc 5 and Goldarc 8 produced at ESN!
Do i have to carry on? I hope not.
Fellas, that's business and nothing else and no need for misplaced patriotism and outdated nationalism here.

It's common sense over here that Sunflex in China is producing OEM rubbers for roundabout 40 (!!) companies.
And it's also a known fact that many companies don't have a big R&D Department. Only the big companies like 729 in Tianjin, DHS in Shanghai or Butterfly in Japan have this, and maybe some small companies like Sauer&Tröger.
But most of the others let the research & development be done by the factories themselves and rather have some smart market analysts and shoppers that tell the factories about the specifications they are looking for or rather what the markets are longing for.

Or does somebody seriously think Tibhar came up with the idea of a thinner topsheet and a thicker sponge like on their Aurus Prime and Aurus Select and at the same coincidentally Donic with their Bluestorm and Andro with their Rasanter have had the same idea?

I really don't hope so, since that could be seen as some serious tin-foil-hat thinking.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
You are right. I heard from a top player(he's a friend of mine) told me that DHS sponsorship is eligible for those who are ranked in top 20 in the world.
But they can still buy authentic DHS blue sponge rubbers from website.

Nothing stops Korean or German players to use what CNT is using. You just cannot custom made your rubber. But H3N blue sponge is already a monster.

I think kids outside China get trained with non-tacky rubber. So when they are competing in the international arena they stick to Jap or Euro rubbers.

I remember when i was a kid in China Hurricane was (and still is) what most teens and adults used because it is cheap and a national brand. So it makes sense CNT stick to tacky rubber.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

says what [IMG]
As an outsider to page 1's incident, I feel the need to defend James. All he did was offer his view, which perhaps was not a very educated one. He did say "I think", after all.

Denny, I don't understand why you feel the need to personally insult someone and put words into their mouth because their view of your country's capabilities isn't correct. That's called ignorance: it doesn't come from bad intentions.