How Can We Protect Female Players From Larry Nasser Types In Table Tennis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Actually the simplest answer to Worker Bee's original post is to make sure your kids are never alone when they are being coached. And if they are hurt take them to the family doctor. A woman doctor might be safest. Given the simplicity and obvious nature of the answer it seems likely that the Worker Bee had some other purpose in mind. What? Beats me.
I have not heard this point of view for a while, that child rape is due to neglect by the parents. Is this true for all 250 of the gymnasts in the Nassar case?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
What you wrote is such a grotesque mis-characterization of what I meant that I can only conclude that you are here for the sole purpose of trolling. I think every person who visits this thread can sense that.

In addition: Gymnastics is a bit of a strange sport in that athletes are sent away to train a facilities that are basically combinations of prison camps and boarding schools. It is also a sport where children are subjected to such severe injuries that they need physical therapies at a time when their bodies are not fully developed. It cannot be surprising that this monster thrived in this particular environment. I would not allow my children to be subjected to that, even if Larry Nassar did not exist. And yes, one thing that is true for all the people he victimized is that (a) he was alone with them, (b) he use the injuries these children sustained as a pretext for his rapes. Is it normal for every participant in a sport at such a young age to be injured that chronically? I say it is abuse. I have felt that way since the first time I saw people like Olga Korbut and Nadia Comenice.

At my club, kids train with coaches, there are always lots of people around, sometimes but not always the parents, but always other people. The kids are not alone. If Larry Nasser had walked into our club at any time in the last twenty years, he would not have been able to victimize our kids. But now he can't victimize anyone because he will die in prison, and hopefully all coaches and all people who interact with kids will be subjected to more stringent background checks. Humans like Larry Nassar are found in churches, schools, and elsewhere.

Last edited:
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
USATT has now elevated Safesport to one of it's highest priority policies. Now all table tennis coaches who are not safesport compliant and registered with background check have been struck from the coaching registry until they are compliant, all officials the same and as of the beginning of this month all clubs which are not deemed safesport compliant (having coaches and staff with safesport certificate and background check) are now long longer classified as USATT sanctioned clubs, again until such a time that they become compliant.

This has been a huge movement over the past 6 months for USA Table Tennis and I think it is a very wise move by them for the future.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am starting to see this differently.

While it is entirely possible that WorkerBee is a troll, and there is little question of whether the way she posts ends up adding up to trolling even if she doesn’t mean to.

I am starting to think this is, at least to a certain extent, a language comprehension issue.

There is little doubt that she is an SJW Snowflake. But, there have just been way to many instances where someone said something that was useful and/or constructive and WorkerBee got on her high horse saying something like:

Trying to equate the Garcia case with the Nassar case is e very sick attempt to remove the serious work to prevent the rapes of young girls and boys that has begun by the Safesport program and is charging ahead in the courts. Is that what you want?

Either WorkerBee is purposely misunderstanding things and coming up with comments like that one to get more people into the discussion and on their own high horse. Or she has really just been completely misunderstanding much of what she reads and responding with indignation to what she thought she read because English is not her first language.

Like in one thread I made a comment about WorkerBee seeming to like creating these kinds of threads where she has a political agenda and presenting her case with the emotional tones of hysteria. And she seemed not to realize that the tone of hysteria was separate from the political agenda. And made a reply asking about political hysteria. [emoji2]

So maybe it is worth cutting her some slack.

But, WorkerBee, you really have made some totally weird attacks based on misinterpretations of what you have read. Perhaps the craziest is your response to Baal.

In the future, before you a accuse someone or go on the attack, please check with someone you know whose first language is English to make sure you are understanding things properly.

Thank you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Carl, you are kind but these are classic trolling tecnniques. I for one don't think language is an issue for her at all. In fact trolling at this level actually requires pretty advanced fluency.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, you are kind but these are classic trolling tecnniques. I for one don't think language is an issue for her at all. In fact trolling at this level actually requires pretty advanced fluency.

You could be right. I will be okay with deleting posts, asking questions, and deciding if other actions start to seem warranted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I had the same feeling when I read some of the initial posts on this thread but to be honest I was also under the same doubt that Carl is expressing, that's the reason , coupled with the other ones you already mentioned I decided to not participate, it seemed pointless at the time ..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I have not heard this point of view for a while, that child rape is due to neglect by the parents. Is this true for all 250 of the gymnasts in the Nassar case?

The question is silly, but in a sense, the answer is yes, it is true in all the 250 cases. Part of the reason you are asking the question the way you are to troll is that it was admitted by some parents to be true that they didn't listen to their children, one even committed suicide I hear because he thought his child was making up excuses not to go. But the bottom line is that you shouldn't leave your children alone around other people without checking in with them from time to time and understanding what is going on. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these people saw a lot of this as the price to be paid for Olympic success and national team membership. No one wants to say that now, but at some point, it will be admitted.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I miss sidofmillenium on Mytt. Some of the afterthoughts raised from the threads he/she started were actually pretty amusing.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
When I was a young I wanted to play American football in high school. My parents said absolutely not. They were afraid I would get badly hurt (it happened to my older brother) and tried to convince me that ruptured knee ligaments and concussions were not something I wanted as a teenager. I was kind of unhappy about it at the time (although I probably would not have been good at it) but in retrospect many years later, I am very very glad they put their foot down. They were ok with tennis and table tennis and were happy to let me ride my bike pretty much everywhere. Of course with those sports I was always in groups. That is the one really good thing about our sport. Kids don't get hurt playing it and so they don't need to be left with some kind of insane rapist masquerading as a doctor. Now we just need to protect kids from getting gunned down in schools by maniacs with military weapons they can buy freely (or molested by pastors at churches, who don't have any sort of Safesport program).

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I miss sidofmillenium on Mytt. Some of the afterthoughts raised from the threads he/she started were actually pretty amusing.

I'm running away screaming.

Next you will be pining for threads on the coefficient of restitution.

Jan 2018
Now we just need to protect kids from getting gunned down in schools by maniacs with military weapons they can buy freely (or molested by pastors at churches, who don't have any sort of Safesport program).
You need to send them to China, where they will be in good hands. No guns. No pastors.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
While the rightful focus on needless preventable death to kids is active, I would ask parents to look at improper/non-use of child restraints issue.

Per CDC data, in one year in USA, 660 plus deaths of kids under 12 and 121,000 plus injuries were RECORDED in an estimated 618,000 instances of improper or non-use of child restraints.

This is the number one killer of children in USA.

In 35 percent of traffic accidents with a child in the car, the child was not using a restraint at all.

Looks like our nation has a lot of room to improve there, both in education/awareness, and enforcement. A child restraint costs a fraction of the least expensive car, no excuse there, especially if the parent smokes cigarettes or drinks beerz.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Child-sex Predators do wander into just about any thing that allows them to be close to kids. Table tennis doesn't make it easy for them to get kids, but I wouldn't be surprised if some one of them would not come up with some scheme to find the right opportunities. That's why I am not that opposed to Safesport - predators can be pretty conniving once given anything resembling opportunity. Parents just have keep doing their job.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte, you better watch out, the goon squad might accuse you of being a troll or try to get you to organize another group jump off the Brooklyn Bridge.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

No Jumping today per city ordnance...

no jumping.jpg

Smart TTD members use the special Amazon glasses to cut to the heart of the matter.

bullcrap goggles.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
Yes, thanks for reminding me. I miss pnachtwey, too. Oh, and agenthex. All the good memories.

Ah yes, pnachtway, agenthex, bbkon (the pong of the 1930s was 7 hour pushfests and 5 mph forehand slap shots), roundrobin and his armadillo petroglyphs, igorponger’s sex-crazed carnal vampiresses,Tassie 52 and his captioned animations, some actually pretty funny, Greg Letts’ Sports Interrogation, mjamja’s self-deprecating good humor, even the moderator of that forum who posts to this forum who called me an idiot. Memories are made of this.

MYTT was, is one bar fight of a fun forum. I miss it. Maybe some day, Alex Li willing, I’ll be able to go back. Maybe not. In the meantime, this forum is a lot of fun too, informative, and more civil. And I’m more civil (I can’t believe I wrote that).